JTM3

Senior Veteran
Dec 24, 2005
✟19,749.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Politics
US-Republican
I was thinking about when I went to the Azusa street centenial and PC's post on this so I thought I'd get your opininons:

I've seen a couple of websites where they cliam to have gotten angels and such on camera.

Also, what I find even more convincing, I met two British women when I went to the Azusa. It was on the bus ride from our hotel to the Faith Dome. They shared some pictures they had taken on their digital camera; I think it was from the same week, not sure.

Anyway, if I recall correctly, a photo had been taken of the instant one of the ladies had gotten baptised in the Holy Spirit. There was a stunning image of a large flame hovering over her.

They were spirit-filled Wofer's!!! Coming from sources such as them this sort of photography seems far too credible to deny, whatever pshyco heresy hunters may think.

So I'm wondering if there's something special about photography; because there's a lot of imagery of supposed spiritual beings; spirits seem to appear as white orbs in the lens.

Photographic "evidence" has been taken of what secular people think are ghosts. But since we know that you go either to heaven and hell, and NO in between, then these are either demons or angels being photographed, and the Holy Spirit in the case of "firey tongues" images.

So what do you all think? Do the mechanics of photography somehow open a door to the spirt realm? Can demons/angels choose when to appear for the camera? What's your take on all this?

EDIT: I started looking this up just for fun after I posted this but then I found some, well, rather ghastly pictures, and I recall something in the Bible that says we shouldn't look into this too much?

J4Jesus

MY HEART BELONGS TO JESUS
Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
There have been pictures taken of the sky and when its developed it looks like an angel or Jesus as some have portrayed Him. I have one of a man who took a picture of a storm and was amazed when he was the image. He has it checked out and was told it wasnt a double exposure or anything. It was just the picture as developed

Upvote 0

J4Jesus

Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Tatu said:
A picture taken of William Branham while preaching:
http://www.tvbn.com/WilliamBranham/WMBandHofG.jpg

i could be wrong, but i think when there's tons of orbs in photos they're just specks of dust reflecting the flash.
I'm not talking about anything like that.
I mean clearly in the form of a man. We entertain angels unaware. They make their presence known at times by appearing in the form man at time. When several people see this with their eyes, then I beleive it could be captured on film.

The LORD or angels sometimes want to be seen. Its made believers out of some who would not have even thought about God. Because they know they took the picture and there was nothing like that there.

Upvote 0

Hisgirl

Loved into Heaven by a Violent Act of Grace
Aug 10, 2004
USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a photograph I took of my daughter while she was being baptized in a lake. The pastor is on one side and her father is on the other side....and there's this bright beam of light coming right down on top of her head. It was in several pictures and only on her. :)

Upvote 0

Worldwide Epiphany

May 28, 2005
✟327.00
Faith
Anglican
I have a book about Israel that has an amazing picture in it which totally fits this topic...however, since I don't have 100 posts on CF yet, it won't let me post it! :cry:
So....I'm off to boost my post numbers LOL with some quick posts on game threads or something har! and I'll come back and post when allowed!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Glenda

More, Lord.. More of You..
Sep 22, 2005
United States
Visit site
✟76,316.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We were at a conference last October.. And Bob Jones showed us a picture of himself that someone had taken..

There were wary golden lines all around him that he said was God's DNA..

Angels have been photographed at some of John Paul Jackson's conferences too.. One was in Scotland I believe..

My hubby saw angels at the Conference we went to in August of last year.. He had been disappointed when we missed a teaching on Friday night because would allow no one to speak EXCEPT in Praise & Worship.. He grumbled.. and repented.. and the next day God showed him the angels..

They were huge.. one in each corner of the conference room.. with their wingtips touching.. there was one over the speaker.. and 2 more over the attendees..

Thank you, Lord!

Upvote 0

J4Jesus

Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Worldwide Epiphany said:
I have a book about Israel that has an amazing picture in it which totally fits this topic...however, since I don't have 100 posts on CF yet, it won't let me post it! :cry:
So....I'm off to boost my post numbers LOL with some quick posts on game threads or something har! and I'll come back and post when allowed!
I'm looking forward to seeing it. It wont be much longer now:)

Upvote 0

Atlantians

Student of Theology and History.
Mar 28, 2006
California
✟14,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
JTM3 said:
I was thinking about when I went to the Azusa street centenial and PC's post on this so I thought I'd get your opininons:

I've seen a couple of websites where they cliam to have gotten angels and such on camera.

Also, what I find even more convincing, I met two British women when I went to the Azusa. It was on the bus ride from our hotel to the Faith Dome. They shared some pictures they had taken on their digital camera; I think it was from the same week, not sure.

Anyway, if I recall correctly, a photo had been taken of the instant one of the ladies had gotten baptised in the Holy Spirit. There was a stunning image of a large flame hovering over her.

They were spirit-filled Wofer's!!! Coming from sources such as them this sort of photography seems far too credible to deny, whatever pshyco heresy hunters may think.

So I'm wondering if there's something special about photography; because there's a lot of imagery of supposed spiritual beings; spirits seem to appear as white orbs in the lens.

Photographic "evidence" has been taken of what secular people think are ghosts. But since we know that you go either to heaven and hell, and NO in between, then these are either demons or angels being photographed, and the Holy Spirit in the case of "firey tongues" images.

So what do you all think? Do the mechanics of photography somehow open a door to the spirt realm? Can demons/angels choose when to appear for the camera? What's your take on all this?

EDIT: I started looking this up just for fun after I posted this but then I found some, well, rather ghastly pictures, and I recall something in the Bible that says we shouldn't look into this too much?
Someone at my Church said and showed us photos like that.
Every time they were praising there were spots on the images. And there were many fire like waves over peoples hands and the like.

I realized while watching it that the spots were caused by light sources at wierd angles(sun spots) and the fire was simply motion blur from the people moving their hands while worshiping.
I think it is best to just ignore this kind of stuff,
given from genuine believers or not.

No matter how honest you are, it is still relatively easy to be decieved by nonsense.

Upvote 0

Worldwide Epiphany

May 28, 2005
✟327.00
Faith
Anglican
This particular picture I'm posting, I don't think is due to motion blurs (look how clear everything is except the areas where there are unexplained images) or angles of light sources, or whatever. Although, I do agree with you, Atlantians, that many people are deceived by overactive imaginations.

This photo is in a book called "A Prophetical Walk Through The Holy Land" by Hal Lindsey published in 1983 (before he, imho, got a little too preoccupied with eschatology!)
You'll have to pardon my low-budget scanner...but, at least you can see the picture for the most part, though much of the details suffer.
The photo appears in the book across two pages, so the vertical line you see just left of center is actually the spine of the book. All else is as the photo appears.

Here's what the caption in the book says:
"This photograph was taken of Hal Lindsey while speaking in the upper room concerning the initial coming of the Holy Spirit upon the disciples at Pentecost (Acts 2:1-40). Don Mollenberg snapped this photo at the moment Hal was explaining the Holy Spirit's appearance in the form of "tongues of fire." Several amazing details appear in the picture. First, the obvious tongue of fire arching up and over Hal's head. Second, the bright light in the form of an angel by the totally boarded-up window. Third, behind the tongue of fire is a figure like a hand holding a cross. (*this is hard to see on my scan of the pic*) Many experts examined the 35mm camera, the negative, and the print, but were unable to explain the phenomena logically."

Myself, I can't really comment, because I'm not sure what to think of it, other than that it is quite intriguing. Certainly, the Holy Spirit is real, so perhaps the camera did see what our eyes could not. However, there is no way to prove or disprove anything, even if there seems to be no logical explanation; it's all speculation no matter what. So....for what it's worth, here's the picture: Let us know what you think!

Peace out, and God bless!

Attachments

• upper room_holy spirit.jpg
    upper room_holy spirit.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 2,795
Upvote 0

Atlantians

Student of Theology and History.
Mar 28, 2006
California
✟14,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would say that it is fake without more information.
First that window really does not appear to be boarded up.
You can see the bottom of the glass of the stain glass window.
And the one over the preacher is originating from a window in the room behind him.
Probably double exposure.

Light can do wierd things sometimes.

Don't forget also that the apostles and other beievers saw the tongues of fire with their own eyes, not with a camera.

Thats my take on it.
Similar pictures are seen in metaphysical groups and stuff.
Same cause: Wierd visual results from light or double exposure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Atlantians said:
Someone at my Church said and showed us photos like that.
Every time they were praising there were spots on the images. And there were many fire like waves over peoples hands and the like.

I realized while watching it that the spots were caused by light sources at wierd angles(sun spots) and the fire was simply motion blur from the people moving their hands while worshiping.
I think it is best to just ignore this kind of stuff,
given from genuine believers or not.

No matter how honest you are, it is still relatively easy to be decieved by nonsense.

Like all the anti-WoF nonsense on the web some people seem to believe with a healthy dose of gullibility.

Cheers,
|ZZ|

Upvote 0

loveiseverywhere

Theistic Evolutionist / Ex-Atheist
Jun 8, 2006
Pensacola, FLorida
Visit site
✟9,143.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Andrew said:
If God sometimes allows us to see into the spirit realm, ie see angels for eg, I don't see why He would not allow it to be captured on film once in a while.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this post.

Upvote 0

riverpastor

Take the Red Pill.
Mar 23, 2004
Ft. Worth
✟20,727.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For more the story behind this picture (taken this past year) click on the link: http://www.goinministries.org

This is a website that I run for an Evangelist friend of mine.

If you go to his website, you can see other pics of "orbs" taken during his meetings...

angeloverchurch.jpg

Upvote 0

JTM3

Senior Veteran
Dec 24, 2005
✟19,749.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Politics
US-Republican
Hey riverpastor!! Been a while since you were on here last right? Welcome back!

I saw that site before...so you run that site? Cool!

I'll give it another look. Thanks!

EDIT: I've heard of spirits appearing as orbs. Mainly on secular shows like the sci-fi stuff....although I never watch those...I stay away from them. I've just seen a couple shows.

Is it wrong to watch shows like that? Seems to me it is....you focus on the wrong thing.

Also, does it matter what type of camera you take these pictures on? I.e., is there any difference between digital and film cameras, or do both work?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0