Sitting in Heavenly Places
✟16,269.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I am so glad there was a great move of the Spirit of God at Lakeland and has gone to other places. To see a fire in church again is awesome. I can't speak for T.B and won't even try. I don't follow him I follow Jesus. As far as I can tell the impact is still great at our church; Worship is better then it has ever been in the history of this chruch. The power of God is moving on His people. The bible tells us that those that hunger and thirst for righteousness shall be filled.

All we are doing is what the church is supposed to be doing, going out after a lost and dying world. Giving them hope and helping those in need, worshiping God and teaching some folks. Glory to God!!! He is worthy of all the praise, all the glory, all the honor!!!

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am so glad there was a great move of the Spirit of God at Lakeland

Sigh.

This is becoming more and more doubtful every day.

When do you think we're gonna wake up? IMO, we wouldn't know a genuine "move of God" if it came with labels.

~Jim

When you gonna wake up and strengthen the things that remain? ~Bob Dylan, 1979

Upvote 0

RhemaWarrior

Feb 1, 2008
✟16,269.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Sigh.

This is becoming more and more doubtful every day.

When do you think we're gonna wake up? IMO, we wouldn't know a genuine "move of God" if it came with labels.

~Jim

I don't know which we you're talking about, because I know you're not talking about me, since you don't know me.

Now if you're saying that you and some of your friends don't know what a move of God is, Because it has been faked so much that doubt and confusion has set in. That whould be a very sad thing.

I have seen many people fake things over the years, but inspite of their ignorance I have also seen God manifest His Glory. Not because of a man, woman or a movement but genuine hunger.
When the pastor of my church went, he was broken and repentant when he came back. Not only him but all that went with him. He never endorsed T.B. or his character, but came back with an understanding of why God was moving there. He said, it had really nothing to do with T.B. But it was the people in genuine worship to God for hours. He said there was a hunger there that's missing in the body of Christ today. He also said that T.B. wasn't even in the worship service for the first 2 hours. God was just moving on people. Then there was another key they (the people not T.B) went outside on the streets and were leading people to Jesus. He said most of testamonies weren't because of T.B. doing anything, it was during the evangelism time and the worship time.
Now I am glad that all the rest of the ministers and people that have the presense of God in manifestation who are stone throwers are sinless people. Because if someone new the truth they would make sure it was brought to this forum, to gossip, slander tear down all in the name of Jesus.

Reactions: importunity
Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know which we you're talking about, because I know you're not talking about me, since you don't know me.

I can only judge from your posts and they seem to indicate you are asleep at the wheel if you are going to keep trying to pry open what God has obviously closed.

Now if you're saying that you and some of your friends don't know what a move of God is,
^_^ Well, obviously, it’s not me and my friends who are the ones who cannot tell the difference between a genuine move of God and a three ring circus.

~Jim

Upvote 0
C

CryoftheNation

I can only judge from your posts and they seem to indicate you are asleep at the wheel if you are going to keep trying to pry open what God has obviously closed.

^_^ Well, obviously, it’s not me and my friends who are the ones who cannot tell the difference between a genuine move of God and a three ring circus.

~Jim

Now you see, my friend. That is a matter of perspective. You may still be wrong, you just may not see it!

God bless

Simon

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now you see, my friend. That is a matter of perspective. You may still be wrong, you just may not see it!

God bless

Simon

And I will just have to lob this back in your court, Simon.

~Jim

Upvote 0

charityagape

Blue Chicken Gives You Horns
May 6, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟24,930.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

~Jim

Obviously.:liturgy:

Upvote 0

RhemaWarrior

Feb 1, 2008
✟16,269.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

~Jim

I don’t know anything about you and your friends, but I do know a move God. And while you were here playing I was out with my church evangelizing and man it awesome I led a star football player to the Lord, he accepted Christ as his personal Lord and savior. And there was a guy that went with us and for the first time in his life he personally led someone to Christ. Yep it was a move of God alright people are now doing things instead of forum sitting. You can always tell a move of God because Jesus is being lifted up. You can always tell a Pharisee because they always are fault finding. May God be glorified today and everyday! I give Him all the praise, All the Honor, All the glory.

I am so excited!!! I guess I’ll just be deceived (as some might want to think), but I’ll be deceived (as some might want to think) leading people to Jesus instead of away from Jesus.

And for those that are just totally against what I have said and those that are for what I have said. :prayer:I pray for the wisdom of God, the mercy of God, the peace of God and the blessing of God be in manifestation in all your and my life all the days of our lives.

Remember I love you and Jesus loves you!:kiss:

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I don’t know anything about you and your friends, but I do know a move God. And while you were here playing I was out with my church evangelizing and man it awesome I led a star football player to the Lord, he accepted Christ as his personal Lord and savior. And there was a guy that went with us and for the first time in his life he personally led someone to Christ. Yep it was a move of God alright people are now doing things instead of forum sitting. You can always tell a move of God because Jesus is being lifted up. You can always tell a Pharisee because they always are fault finding. May God be glorified today and everyday! I give Him all the praise, All the Honor, All the glory.

I am so excited!!! I guess I’ll just be deceived (as some might want to think), but I’ll be deceived (as some might want to think) leading people to Jesus instead of away from Jesus.

And for those that are just totally against what I have said and those that are for what I have said. :prayer:I pray for the wisdom of God, the mercy of God, the peace of God and the blessing of God be in manifestation in all your and my life all the days of our lives.

Remember I love you and Jesus loves you!:kiss:

Hey that is great,.... but,..... making generalized statements that The Holy Spirit was overall involved at Lakeland is unwise.

Just because a batch of believers hungry for GOD receives a touch there at lakeland, that is great, but that does not give credibility to the human spirit and flesh operating through a vessal on stage that makes a mockery of Jesus and His example.

While you may be enjoying your currect spiritual state, such things wear off, sad to say, and you may just find yourself where you were before. I don't desire that on anyone or wish to dampen your outlook, but it is a fact.

A true sanctified life endures, like what Maria Etter and Wigglesworth walked in throughout their days. That is what we are reach for, not temporary things such as revivals and the like.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Christianity have gone into itchy ears mode when turning things into entertainment. There's more desire for entertainment, more than actually worshipping God and they often will not endure sound doctrine. Instead of the Spirit of God in the center or our hearts, we now have glamor, as artificial as pleasant to our eyes and ears. This is not what God meant when Christians are saved when they "hear the gospel". Hearing the Gospel is hearing the Holy Spirit when hearing the gospel. Are we in Faith and Fiction? We are in the superficial age that have been incorporated into the structure of popular Christianity rather than true Christianity. The methods used by various so called "spiritual leaders" to promote Christianity, by means of which they gain some kind of success but which are themselves basically deceiving.

Upvote 0

RhemaWarrior

Feb 1, 2008
✟16,269.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Hey that is great,.... but,..... making generalized statements that The Holy Spirit was overall involved at Lakeland is unwise.

Just because a batch of believers hungry for GOD receives a touch there at lakeland, that is great, but that does not give credibility to the human spirit and flesh operating through a vessal on stage that makes a mockery of Jesus and His example.

While you may be enjoying your currect spiritual state, such things wear off, sad to say, and you may just find yourself where you were before. I don't desire that on anyone or wish to dampen your outlook, but it is a fact.

A true sanctified life endures, like what Maria Etter and Wigglesworth walked in throughout their days. That is what we are reach for, not temporary things such as revivals and the like.

It is only temporary is far as you can see, but I am looking a little bit deeper. I don’t put my trust in man, but I do put my trust in The Man. What is so awesome is no one is giving Lakeland or anyone like T.B credit, everyone is giving God the credit. If a donkey can be used because a real man of God refuses, God will use a donkey. But just because a donkey was used don’t worship the donkey. Now I am not saying that T.B is a donkey but he was used. Even the Jimmies of the Assemblies were used. Now they had horrible character, but still saw God move radically in areas of their lives.

Now brother Wigglesworth for instance he was an awesome man of God but he had a drinking problem as did a couple others. But God still used them. A couple of my favorites would be F.F. Bosworth, John G. Lake and Brother Seymour. They all had issues too but not like some of the more in your face issues.

I believe with all my heart that the Character of a man is most important, and just as important is to tear ones Character down. Your Charisma can take you to the top but the only thing that can keep you there is your character.

Now as for Brother Wigglesworth, he would never say anything bad about anyone. He was at a mans funeral one time and he was going up to the viewing and people were waiting to hear what he had to say. This man was evidently a horrible man in the community. When brother Wigglesworth got up to him he said that the man had a really good set of teeth. I thought that was hilarious. He never said anything to be apart of destroying a mans character. I don’t want to be apart of destroying someone else’s character they can do that on their own.

Now if I know someone with bad character and I have a relationship with them, I will talk with them but not about them. If they don’t take my council or council from those that love them, I will distance myself physically and pray for them. God can do much more than I can do. My words, if they are not Gods Words are not going to amount to much.

Love ya man!

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
In My Father's Hands..No Safer Place To Be
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Now if you're saying that you and some of your friends don't know what a move of God is, Because it has been faked so much that doubt and confusion has set in. That whould be a very sad thing.

I have seen many people fake things over the years, but inspite of their ignorance I have also seen God manifest His Glory. Not because of a man, woman or a movement but genuine hunger.
When the pastor of my church went, he was broken and repentant when he came back. Not only him but all that went with him. He never endorsed T.B. or his character, but came back with an understanding of why God was moving there. He said, it had really nothing to do with T.B. But it was the people in genuine worship to God for hours. He said there was a hunger there that's missing in the body of Christ today. He also said that T.B. wasn't even in the worship service for the first 2 hours. God was just moving on people. Then there was another key they (the people not T.B) went outside on the streets and were leading people to Jesus. He said most of testamonies weren't because of T.B. doing anything, it was during the evangelism time and the worship time.
Now I am glad that all the rest of the ministers and people that have the presense of God in manifestation who are stone throwers are sinless people. Because if someone new the truth they would make sure it was brought to this forum, to gossip, slander tear down all in the name of Jesus.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My dear brother, Rhema Warrior, as His Word says to be as wise as a serpent and as gentle as a dove. His Word also says to test all spirits.

These last days of perilous times are full of many dangers and many counterfeit spirits.

Be aware, beware, and don't be unaware.

And for you to give our Lord Jesus Christ glory for something that was not of HIM can also be a misjudgement on your part.

Be blessed with whatever you have, but sure you know the difference between the Holy Spirit and an "unholy spirit".

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

WileyCoyote

Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
My dear brother, Rhema Warrior, as His Word says to be as wise as a serpent and as gentle as a dove. His Word also says to test all spirits.

These last days of perilous times are full of many dangers and many counterfeit spirits.

Be aware, beware, and don't be unaware.

And for you to give our Lord Jesus Christ glory for something that was not of HIM can also be a misjudgement on your part.

Be blessed with whatever you have, but sure you know the difference between the Holy Spirit and an "unholy spirit".

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

From what I read in the O.P, people were giving glory to God during the meeting. Why would a counterfeit spirit entice people to give glory to God? Even if a 'counterfeit' spirit was involved at Lakeland, if people are giving glory to God, Satan's plan backfired. His kingdom is now being divided against itself because more souls are coming into the Kingdom. The end result? Satan's kingdom will eventually fall and he will lose even more souls. His plan would have been to lead people away from the truth by working signs and wonders. But instead, people gave God the glory and Satan helped usher people into the Kingdom of God. Talk about a stupid plan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, it has happened before.
16 Now it happened, as we went to prayer, that a certain slave girl possessed with a spirit of divination met us, who brought her masters much profit by fortune-telling. 17 This girl followed Paul and us, and cried out, saying, “These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation.” 18 And this she did for many days.
But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And he came out that very hour. (Acts 16)

~Jim

Upvote 0

RhemaWarrior

Feb 1, 2008
✟16,269.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Well, it has happened before.
16 Now it happened, as we went to prayer, that a certain slave girl possessed with a spirit of divination met us, who brought her masters much profit by fortune-telling. 17 This girl followed Paul and us, and cried out, saying, “These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation.” 18 And this she did for many days.
But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And he came out that very hour. (Acts 16)

~Jim

Your post reminds me of the old Rocky and Bullwinkle show.

You know where Bullwinkle says: Hey Rocky watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat. Then he gets a lion or something that roars at him. Then he says I guess I better get another hat.

Well I guess you better get another scripture because that has nothing to do with the topic and how people are praising God and leading people to Christ. That has to do with recognition of the Son of God. That possessed girl did not encourage anyone to get saved, she was taunting them. You better get another hat.

This also reminds me of a Heavy Metal Band--Twisted Sister but this is more like Twisted Scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From what I read in the O.P, people were giving glory to God during the meeting. Why would a counterfeit spirit entice people to give glory to God? Even if a 'counterfeit' spirit was involved at Lakeland, if people are giving glory to God, Satan's plan backfired. His kingdom is now being divided against itself because more souls are coming into the Kingdom. The end result? Satan's kingdom will eventually fall and he will lose even more souls. His plan would have been to lead people away from the truth by working signs and wonders. But instead, people gave God the glory and Satan helped usher people into the Kingdom of God. Talk about a stupid plan.

Losing a few people to Heaven is such a small cost to Satan. What has he gained? An entire section of the church body, seeking and following after signs and wonders, an evil act (Matthew 16:4, Luke 11:29), keeping them ineffective in winning a larger number of people, quite a distraction.

Not to mention all the people who seek after the things of God for the sake of power, for the sake of self. There will be people in hell because of these deceptions. There will be ineffective believers who sought a supernatural fix, and who allowed themselves to be baptized in the name of the 'Sheeka Boomba'. The crippled people remain crippled, the deaf remain deaf, the afflicted remain afflicted, so what about their faith?

Even now when the light shines, some still refuse to see.

Upvote 0

RhemaWarrior

Feb 1, 2008
✟16,269.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Losing a few people to Heaven is such a small cost to Satan. What has he gained? An entire section of the church body, seeking and following after signs and wonders, an evil act (Matthew 16:4, Luke 11:29), keeping them ineffective in winning a larger number of people, quite a distraction.

Not to mention all the people who seek after the things of God for the sake of power, for the sake of self. There will be people in hell because of these deceptions. There will be ineffective believers who sought a supernatural fix, and who allowed themselves to be baptized in the name of the 'Sheeka Boomba'. The crippled people remain crippled, the deaf remain deaf, the afflicted remain afflicted, so what about their faith?

Even now when the light shines, some still refuse to see.

I really don’t know where you get your faulty information from you seem to have a surplus of it. For some reason we are having deaf people hear and other manifestations that are just as awesome. The thing of it is, it is not just happening to people that attend our church, it is happening to people that when we go to their homes and are evangelizing and asking them if there is anything we can pray about and then the opportunity is there. What is so cool about it is, some of these people get so excited they come over to our church and give the testimony. I was getting fast food and was in line when the lady behind the counter was talking about how the pastor of my church stuck his finger in her ear and she was healed. This girl was born with no ear drum. There was another man in line that was from a Methodist Church in town and he said they were going door to door and ran across a girl that was in a wheel chair from people from my church laying hands and ministering the Love of Jesus. The testimonies go on and on and on. Praise the Name of Jesus!

Jesus I Love you!! You are Awesome!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.