Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
http://www.66619.org/thequran.htm

"The number 666 is highly publicized all over the world and it is associated with evil and danger.
However, it is not what it seems. It was a Satanic trick.
The trick was to prevent the people approaching the 666.
Satan knew that the
666 is the book of GOD and the people should be kept away from it.
According to his plan, he placed a bad image to the number 666."

RMathison

Feb 18, 2006
✟400.00
Faith
Christian
dalej42 said:
666 represents Nero. I'm not too worried about the Roman Empire these days.

Um, nope.

Nero did NOT take over the whole world
and command everyone to receive the mark '666'
(or his name) on their right hand or forhead
(in order for them to buy or sell).

I'm PRETTY sure that history would have recorded THAT.

(Also, Christ hasn't returned yet, to vanquish the anti-Christ, fyi)

(lol)

Upvote 0

ForumGuy

Nov 25, 2005
✟15,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think I know who Satan played the trick on....

And I've been thinking about the interpration of the book of Rev being about the persercution by Empeoer Nero, if that were so, why is it a cannon book of the bible?
But I have another theory, what if Revelations is meant to be a reoccuring prophecy? What if in each era the world is meant to plunge into darkness, the followers of Christ to be persercuted, and then the Lord to deliver his followers to him?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 8, 2004
Schwandorf, Germany
✟9,369.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
ForumGuy said:
I think I know who Satan played the trick on....

And I've been thinking about the interpration of the book of Rev being about the persercution by Empeoer Nero, if that were so, why is it a cannon book of the bible?
But I have another theory, what if Revelations is meant to be a reoccuring prophecy? What if in each era the world is meant to plunge into darkness, the followers of Christ to be persercuted, and then the Lord to deliver his followers to him?

"You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind..."

No seriously, that is just as valid as any other interpretation of revelations I've been subject to. Actually, it's one of the more creative.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
ForumGuy said:
Its meant to draw attention and be a pun, being a clever play on the exclamation (how was it invented anyway?)

Just like I was deceived by Yonggi Cho's teachings , you are deceived by the teachings of the roman church. Get out of her lest you share in her plagues...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
May 4, 2006
✟7,642.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
RichardT said:
Just like I was deceived by Yonggi Cho's teachings , you are deceived by the teachings of the roman church. Get out of her lest you share in her plagues...

i really like how this had NOTHING to do with anything...but ok. I agree with the fact that 666 is associated with Nero, but that number was given to Nero because it had a bad connotation to it. I'm thinking that somewhere in Revelations (?) I can't think of the place right off the top of my head, it says that 666 is the sign of the Devil. God gave that number to Satan, not us. If you want to put a little twist on things. You say that 666 was the perfect number, a number of God...but it was marred by the devil and now belongs to him as evil. Well that is kind of like the world...the world was created perfect, that number was ours...but when we fell into sin...the number fell with us. do you understand what I'm saying? it's a little out of the line, but it made sense to me!!!! :blush:

Upvote 0

ILoveYeshua

Dec 6, 2005
The Midwest
Visit site
✟927.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
> i really like how this had NOTHING to do with anything...but ok.

haha i know! thats so funny. like... where'd that come from?! ;)

> I agree with the fact that 666 is associated with Nero

do you agree with facts or do you believe facts, or do you simply accept facts?

> but [that number was given to Nero](x) because [it had a bad connotation to it.](y)

huh? x because y... I don't get that point at all, sorry.

> I'm thinking that somewhere in Revelations (?) I can't think of the place right off the top of my head, it says that 666 is the sign of the Devil.

NO, it is the number of a man. Get a free e-bible at www.e-sword.net and you'll always get your references right. =)

Revelation 13:15-18
15. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17. And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

> God gave that number to Satan, not us.

Sorry no. It is the number of the beast, it is stamped on men's hands or foreheads. The number probably isn't even on satan, but I don't know that for sure.

> If you want to put a little twist on things. You say that 666 was the perfect number, a number of God...but it was marred by the devil and now belongs to him as evil.

Sure, if you felt like lying and blaspheming and contradicting the word of God, you could put that twist on it.

> Well that is kind of like the world...the world was created perfect, that number was ours...but when we fell into sin...the number fell with us. do you understand what I'm saying?

you lost me at Well. =)

but seriously, even though thats an interesting twist, imho it smells like manure.

> it's a little out of the line, but it made sense to me!!!!

boing boing boing boing boing boing

Upvote 0
Apr 8, 2004
Schwandorf, Germany
✟9,369.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
WarriorofGod007 said:
i really like how this had NOTHING to do with anything...but ok. I agree with the fact that 666 is associated with Nero, but that number was given to Nero because it had a bad connotation to it. I'm thinking that somewhere in Revelations (?) I can't think of the place right off the top of my head, it says that 666 is the sign of the Devil. God gave that number to Satan, not us. If you want to put a little twist on things. You say that 666 was the perfect number, a number of God...but it was marred by the devil and now belongs to him as evil. Well that is kind of like the world...the world was created perfect, that number was ours...but when we fell into sin...the number fell with us. do you understand what I'm saying? it's a little out of the line, but it made sense to me!!!! :blush:

Well, I for one DO get what you're saying; but that may actually be a reason for you to be scared rather than relieved.;)

I understand it hypothetically, that is; which is how it seems to me that you presented it.

Upvote 0
May 4, 2006
✟7,642.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
ILoveYeshua said:
[FONT=&quot]> but [that number was given to Nero](x) because [it had a bad connotation to it.](y)

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]huh? x because y... I don't get that point at all, sorry.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

> I'm thinking that somewhere in Revelations (?) I can't think of the place right off the top of my head, it says that 666 is the sign of the Devil.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NO, it is the number of a man. Get a free e-bible at www.e-sword.net and you'll always get your references right. =)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 13:15-18[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
15. And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16. And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17. And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]for it is the number of a man[/FONT][FONT=&quot];[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

> God gave that number to Satan, not us.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sorry no. It is the number of the beast, it is stamped on men's hands or foreheads. The number probably isn't even on satan, but I don't know that for sure. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I'm going to address everything , well not everything that you said here.

The reason 666 is Nero's number and fits because of the bad connotation given to it, is that Nero was one of THE biggest persecutors of the Christian chirch. So Christians in the early time period would have associated him with evil, because he stood for everything they were against.

Second...the number being the sign of the Devil. The beast is the devil. If you read throughout Revelation, it makes a lot of references to the Beast and his work. That number was given to the Beast, and also to man...because man is sinful.[/FONT]

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.