Canada
✟27,370.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
A British-born bishop who denies the scale of the Holocaust scuffled with a reporter in Argentina on Tuesday before boarding a flight back to Britain after the Argentine government ordered him to leave the country.
williamson-cp-6309956.jpg

Holocaust-denying bishop Richard Williamson, left, raises his fist at a TV journalist as he passes through Buenos Aires Ezeiza international airport in this image taken from television on Tuesday.

A local television station showed Richard Williamson raising a clenched fist to a television reporter's face, then angrily pushing him against a pole at Buenos Aires' Ezeiza airport.

As the bishop hurried off to catch his British Airways flight to London, two men accompanying him held the journalist back.

The 68-year-old had been living at a seminary 40 kilometres west of Buenos Aires. On Thursday, the Argentine government gave Williamson 10 days to leave the country for failing to declare a job change as required by immigration law, as well as having "deeply shocked Argentine society, the Jewish people and all of humanity."

source

wpiman2

Oct 6, 2007
Godless Massachusetts
✟18,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't understand why questioning history is such a bad thing.

The evidence clearly proves him incorrect; and if he challenges the accounts of the Halocaust and the historical records stands up to scrutiny, the more confidence will be placed in the historical record.

The fact that speech such as this is outlawed, especially in Germany where all the evidence is, make we wonder if perhaps the evidence is not so strong. Let the guy speak and blabber on like an idiot. There is no harm done.

It is like these 911 truthers; they question the historical record and have actually come up with one or two really good questions. Sure they have been alot of dumb points that were make and harp on questions that have been answered; but these one or two questions led to a better inquiry of the events and helped strengthen the historitcal record.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟378,107.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Sadly there is harm done.
People say that free speech never harmed anyone. That's not true. Free speech is valuable as an ideal, but that does not mean it is always the healthiest idea for a society.

Here's the question: Do you want idiots (by colloquial, or legal definition) to be the individuals your children admire? We shield our children from violence, and sexual content, but for some reason, stupidity gets a wide open door.

I do like free speech. Sometimes I think people utilize free speech as a means of exercizing and establishing power of the less... able (?)

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
People say that free speech never harmed anyone. That's not true. Free speech is valuable as an ideal, but that does not mean it is always the healthiest idea for a society.

Here's the question: Do you want idiots (by colloquial, or legal definition) to be the individuals your children admire? We shield our children from violence, and sexual content, but for some reason, stupidity gets a wide open door.

I do like free speech. Sometimes I think people utilize free speech as a means of exercizing and establishing power of the less... able (?)

Do you want your children to learn from people who do not question what they are taught? That is how things work in places like China where if you teach the wrong thing or believe the wrong thing you go to jail and maybe become and unwilling organ donor. This guy questions the death rate from the Holocost. Hundreds of thousands versus millions. Is that really a good reason for him to get all the guff he has? If anything I think it gives the man credibility where it would not otherwise be. If someone questioned how many American Indians were killed by White Americans from Europe nobody would bat an eye, but in this fellow's case lock up your children...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
N

Nathan45

Do you want your children to learn from people who do not question what they are taught? That is how things work in places like China where if you teach the wrong thing or believe the wrong thing you go to jail and maybe become and unwilling organ donor. This guy questions the death rate from the Holocost. Hundreds of thousands versus millions. Is that really a good reason for him to get all the guff he has? If anything I think it gives the man credibility where it would not otherwise be. If someone questioned how many American Indians were killed by White Americans from Europe nobody would bat an eye, but in this fellow's case lock up your children...

Completely agreed, trying to suppress stuff like this only gives it more credibility.

Upvote 0

wpiman2

Oct 6, 2007
Godless Massachusetts
✟18,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian

If you don't like what people are saying; don't let you kid listen to it.

Take some personal responsibility for your family....

[not you per se but people in general]

Upvote 0