Holocaust-denier Arthur Jones loses in Illinois, but still gets more than 25% of the vote

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Holocaust-denier Arthur Jones loses in Illinois 3rd District, but still gets more than 25 percent of the vote
The long-shot candidacy of a Holocaust denier’s Republican bid for Congress was defeated Tuesday, but not before the neo-Nazi received more than 56,000 votes in Illinois’ 3rd District.

As expected, incumbent U.S Rep. Dan Lipinski cruised to victory with just under 75 percent of the unofficial vote tally in the Democratic stronghold that stretches from the city’s Southwest Side to the west and south suburbs.

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,923.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What's scary (and in some ways, ironic) about that is, I'd venture a guess and say a substantial portion of that 25% are people who would otherwise vote for pro-Israel policies and politicians.

I think it says something really concerning when a segment of the population becomes so brainwashed by "anything left of center is a traitor" rhetoric, that they'd literally vote for a holocaust denier before a democrat.

Apparently, to some people, Israel only matters when it's for the benefit of certain GOP talking points about some of our foreign diplomacy policies.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,943.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
What's scary (and in some ways, ironic) about that is, I'd venture a guess and say a substantial portion of that 25% are people who would otherwise vote for pro-Israel policies and politicians.

I think it says something really concerning when a segment of the population becomes so brainwashed by "anything left of center is a traitor" rhetoric, that they'd literally vote for a holocaust denier before a democrat.

Apparently, to some people, Israel only matters when it's for the benefit of certain GOP talking points about some of our foreign diplomacy policies.
Its more a reflection of people blindly voting party regardless of the representative.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
In our last (Australian) Senate election we elected a similar piece of Something-Which-Stuck-To-My-Shoe.

It wasn't until he gave a speech suggesting a ban on Muslim migration, restricting immigration to 'European Christians' and threw in a cryptic reference to a "final solution" that the penny dropped.

I suspect he now has his own special and exclusive table in the Parliamentary Dining Room.
OB

Last edited:
Upvote 0