Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Leviticus 20:8 (NIV)

I am the Lord who makes you holy.

Holiness is not innocence. Innocence is ignorance of evil, but that doesn't make a man holy. On the contrary, holiness is the ability to test the spirits (1 John 4:1), discern between good and evil (Hebrews 5:14), and the ability to choose good (1 John 3:9).

Adam and Eve were innocent. God intended for them to obey Him and grow into His fullness. They were supposed to grow in discernment and wisdom until they were like God. Instead, they chose the easier way, sinned, and were cast out.

Ever since, men have professed ignorance of wrongdoing. A man who breaks the law is guilty of sin. Even if he claims innocence or ignorance, he still sinned against the Lord. The Apostle Paul goes to the extent of destroying all pretexts of innocence (Romans 1:22-32). This tells us that no one is innocent in God's sight.

Never trust a man who says, "I don't know." Such men rely on their natural sympathies and bless and legalize immorality. That's an abomination to God. It's much easier to trust a man who does know what he's doing and can provide a justification for it, even if others disagree. That's precisely why we come to Christ. Because He knows who He is and what He can do for us (John 14:6). Many disagree (Matthew 7:13), but we worship Him (Luke 24:52).

Blade

Veteran
Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey.. not sure what you mean by "never trust a man who says I don't know" what are they saying I don't know about? Christ did say if you were blind you would have no sin. You say you see your sin remains. I know who He was talking to but the truth is still there. Yes no one is righteous OT NT. Yet those that believe in Jesus are righteous and holy. Its not what we do its simply because we believe in trust in have faith in Jesus Christ. Its what He did not what we did or do or will ever do. That which follows after being born from above (born again) is a fruit which can only come from the vine which we have been grafted into.

Adam and Eve.. I never read how they chose the easier way out. How would they know or understood a lie vs truth? They listen to a lie had nothing to do with a easy way out. Praise GOD most are blind..

Upvote 0