Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
John is writing of TWO very different men and two very different kinds of walk in 1 John 1.
Some walk in the light, and have had ALL their sins washed away by the blood of Christ. They have fellowship with God.
The others walk in darkness and cannot say they have no sin.
Neither can they say they have fellowship with God.
I have been gracefully afforded a walk in the light, which is God.
I have also been gracefully afforded the means to remain in the light and in fellowship with God.

I hope you're not walking in darkness, which Pro 4:19 says is wickedness.
Now I'm getting some clarity on what you mean. The doctrine of sinless perfection means that it is possible to attain to a state where the believer no longer sins. I believe that every Christian should be experiencing progressive deliverance from besetting sin, but that no one in this life achieves perfection.

The part of us that is born again is our spirit man. That is what John means by whoever is born of God does not sin. The born again Christian has the indwelling life of Christ to be his life. Obviously the Life of Christ does not sin. Sin is an aberration, not the norm, for the born again. However, getting to that place in experience is challenging to say the least.

And yes, when we go before the Lord Jesus, He will look at the record of our life and see no sin. Sin has been erased. All we need do is confess our sin and that is the end of it.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now I'm getting some clarity on what you mean. The doctrine of sinless perfection means that it is possible to attain to a state where the believer no longer sins. I believe that every Christian should be experiencing progressive deliverance from besetting sin, but that no one in this life achieves perfection.
If you are counting on some "progressive" deliverance, it will never arrive.
If, however, you turn from sin, you will be a non-sinner immediately.
To return again to sin will manifest a false repentance.

The part of us that is born again is our spirit man. That is what John means by whoever is born of God does not sin. The born again Christian has the indwelling life of Christ to be his life. Obviously the Life of Christ does not sin. Sin is an aberration, not the norm, for the born again. However, getting to that place in experience is challenging to say the least.
If only part of you is reborn you are not a new creature.
It is written..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)
"Old things are passed away"...includes whatever you insinuate remains.
"All things are made new"...includes whatever you think remains.

And yes, when we go before the Lord Jesus, He will look at the record of our life and see no sin. Sin has been erased. All we need do is confess our sin and that is the end of it.
God is not blind to insurrection and rebellion.
Your doctrine is going to damn you.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
If you are counting on some "progressive" deliverance, it will never arrive.
If, however, you turn from sin, you will be a non-sinner immediately.
To return again to sin will manifest a false repentance.

If only part of you is reborn you are not a new creature.
It is written..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)
"Old things are passed away"...includes whatever you insinuate remains.
"All things are made new"...includes whatever you think remains.

God is not blind to insurrection and rebellion.
Your doctrine is going to damn you.
If what you say is true, then all Christians are instantly perfect. That is patently not the case.

• Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If what you say is true, then all Christians are instantly perfect. That is patently not the case.
All Christians have had the atoning, justifying, sanctifying blood of Christ applied to them for the remission of past sins.
The reborn of the seed of God, new creatures, and now children of God, are NOT perfect?
I beg to differ.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
All Christians have had the atoning, justifying, sanctifying blood of Christ applied to them for the remission of past sins.
The reborn of the seed of God, new creatures, and now children of God, are NOT perfect?
I beg to differ.
So you never sin, never doubt, never worry, never fear, never make a mistake. It must be wonderful being you.

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So you never sin, never doubt, never worry, never fear, never make a mistake. It must be wonderful being you.
I never sin, have no doubts (about things biblical or Spiritual), don't worry that God will leave me to my own devices, fear not what a man can do to me, and do make mistakes.
Thank God for 'spell check'.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I never sin, have no doubts (about things biblical or Spiritual), don't worry that God will leave me to my own devices, fear not what a man can do to me, and do make mistakes.
Thank God for 'spell check'.
And 1 Corinthians 10:12

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Justin BT

Jan 18, 2020
Taipei
✟17,705.00
Country
Taiwan
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Suppose you were able to take just one book of the Bible with you on a long journey? What would you take? Exodus? Deuteronomy? Maybe Hebrews?

Has this hypothetical person managed to memorise other books of the bible first, or has he a bad memory such that he struggles to remember others? If so, probably has to be a gospel, perhaps John.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And 1 Corinthians 10:12
Amen to that, and thank God for the escapes from every temptation promised in the next verse..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)

Upvote 0