Holidays are Satanic?!

Are the modern holidays today related to Satan?

• Yes

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also, they worshiped pagan gods under trees - (and I've heard they still do)
-"For they erected high places, standing-stones and sacred poles on every high hill and under every green tree." I Kings 14:23
-"“For long ago I broke your yoke; when I snapped your chains, you said, ‘I won’t sin.’ Yet on every high hill, under every green tree, you sprawled and prostituted yourself." Jer 2:20 also, 3:6, 13
-"You will know that I am Adonai when their slain men are lying among their idols around their altars on every high hill, on every mountaintop, under every green tree, under every thick pistachio tree, wherever they offered sweet-smelling sacrifices to appease their idols." Eze 6:13

Don't see anyone advocating not going on hills, mountains, etc. Plus they worshiped under every green tree.

Agree with Nickybobby.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Not of satan.

For the religious observances (Christmas, Easter, etc) it is critical that you not lose site of who is central and who we are celebrating- Jesus. That being said, I have no problem with the traditions that go along with them, even Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

Secular holidays I definitely have no problem with. I find their objections to birthdays, Independence Day, Thanksgiving especially odd.

Upvote 0