Feb 21, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Over the last week there has been serious insults flying between posters aimed at degrading their nation, nationality and culture. While some people have been able to keep a civil tone and are interested in constructive discussion, others are downright rude. Come on people, God loves the French, the Germans, the Americans, even the Iraqis. Does this mean we have to agree with one another, no. But we can at least realize that our nation does not have the monopoly on political or cultural wisdom and cut some slack to countries we don't know much about. I don't know if this is the right part of the forum to post this in, but since it has the most nationalist debates it seems the right place.

Maybe we should be asking questions like 'why do you think your government thinks this way', and finding out things, instead of flying off the handle with insinuations.

Evangelion

<b><font size="2">δυνατός</b></font>
I don't mind a bit of friendly ribbing. Aussies are the first to poke fun at other Aussies.

But it seems that if you disagree with an American on any issue whatsoever, you are branded "anti-American." Most of them seem incapable of distinguishing between the issue and the individual.

That's totally unreasonable.

These people need to get some perspective. :cool:

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today at 04:29 PM Evangelion said this in Post #3 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=651549#post651549)

I don't mind a bit of friendly ribbing. Aussies are the first to poke fun at other Aussies.

But it seems that if you disagree with an American on any issue whatsoever, you are branded "anti-American." Most of them seem incapable of distinguishing between the issue and the individual.

That's because Aussies are a much higher species than Americans, surely YOU knew that.:sleep:

Upvote 0

Kiwi

Feb 21, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟963.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today at 10:29 AM Evangelion said this in Post #3

That's totally unreasonable.

These people need to get some perspective. :cool:

well, some americans anyway, not all. Someone posted on another thread, 'tell us some good things about america/americans'. Since we've rather thrashed the bad stuff, here is some good stuff. Americans are, in general, very generous, especially with their finances. I was a missionary for a while and the American supporters were always very generous. The majority of Americans I have met are very friendly and always ready for a conversation.&nbsp; Also there are alot of American missionaries out there, despite the danger to their safety. :clap: :clap:

Upvote 0

Evangelion

<b><font size="2">δυνατός</b></font>
Kiwi -

well, some americans anyway, not all. Someone posted on another thread, 'tell us some good things about america/americans'. Since we've rather thrashed the bad stuff, here is some good stuff. Americans are, in general, very generous, especially with their finances. I was a missionary for a while and the American supporters were always very generous. The majority of Americans I have met are very friendly and always ready for a conversation. Also there are alot of American missionaries out there, despite the danger to their safety.

Amen to that! :clap:

I have plenty of American friends myself (some of whom I work with every day.) They're good people; very courteous, and always friendly.

It's a shame they're so frequently let down by the right-wing radicals. :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums