Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
After thinking about a hobby and praying about it, I found one. My hobby is collecting these figurines by a company called funko. There is some ones that are not very appropriate and violent, but there is many other ones I like. I really like the ones that are based on General Mills cereal. I really like the monster cereal ones, even though I don’t like monsters, I just like them because they are a cereal. God is amazing to provide us with things to enjoy. But I always check myself to make sure I am holding my hobbies loosely so that they are not an idol and do not take away from God. What’s your hobby? What does everyone think of these? Vynl.: Yummy Mummy & Fruit Brute
I used to really like the Yummy Mummy and Fruit Brute cereals before they went off the market, and still try to buy Count Chocula, Frankenberry and Booberry cereals each October (though I couldn’t find Booberry last year).

I didn’t know they had those vinyl collectibles for such old school cereal mascots. I don’t collect those, but just for nostalgia I might be tempted to get some. They’re cool.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟326,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
My wife used to do ceramics, painting figures. Recently she bought a manger scene with figures of the animals , shepherds etc and hand painted those. I then airbrushed clear coat on them for her and heat set it ( just heat not fired in an oven, the ceramics were pre fired but not painted). That is something you could use to expand on your hobby, to learn to paint and buy ceramic figures and paint them yourself. Just a thought.

I turn wooden ornaments as one of my hobbies, Lord knows we have enough downed trees and tree limbs around here over a course of a year, it never ends, i have basically an endless supply of wood for such small pieces as those.. So I do candle holders and ornaments and lidded boxes as they are called. I polish some on the lathe, friction polishing stains and colors and top coat but I also airbrush some too. From these I make Christmas presents, so it's something I tend to do through Nov and into Dec and starting up any time now in Oct.. That is one hobby of a few I have.

I also build fly rods, fly fish in the summer and tie flies.

My hobbies are seasonal to some degree and while there are several, non totally occupies me or takes the place of God or things of God. The bible speaks about keeping busy and also about working with our hands. I have more, so does my wife but I don't want to hog your thread.

Upvote 0

Kota

Sep 18, 2018
USA
✟23,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My wife used to do ceramics, painting figures. Recently she bought a manger scene with figures of the animals , shepherds etc and hand painted those. I then airbrushed clear coat on them for her and heat set it ( just heat not fired in an oven, the ceramics were pre fired but not painted). That is something you could use to expand on your hobby, to learn to paint and buy ceramic figures and paint them yourself. Just a thought.

I turn wooden ornaments as one of my hobbies, Lord knows we have enough downed trees and tree limbs around here over a course of a year, it never ends, i have basically an endless supply of wood for such small pieces as those.. So I do candle holders and ornaments and lidded boxes as they are called. I polish some on the lathe, friction polishing stains and colors and top coat but I also airbrush some too. From these I make Christmas presents, so it's something I tend to do through Nov and into Dec and starting up any time now in Oct.. That is one hobby of a few I have.

I also build fly rods, fly fish in the summer and tie flies.

My hobbies are seasonal to some degree and while there are several, non totally occupies me or takes the place of God or things of God. The bible speaks about keeping busy and also about working with our hands. I have more, so does my wife but I don't want to hog your thread.
Very cool! God blesses us with many things. Like the Bible says “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” He wants us to bless us with things. You are good for not letting them become your God. That is key with everything, put God above all else. If we do not let our hobbies become an idol, we are free to enjoy. God bless you in your life!

Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. (1 Timothy 6:17, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0

Kota

Sep 18, 2018
USA
✟23,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. (1 Timothy 6:17, 1984 NIV)
Amen! Once you seek first after God, he will provide for you!

Upvote 0

Kota

Sep 18, 2018
USA
✟23,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree. Do not put your hope in the things of this world. They will not satisfy in the long run. But God, he satisfies forever. We can see everything as a gift from God that he has provided for us.

Upvote 0