hmm confused about this type of "Gossip"

diddykong

Jul 4, 2007
✟7,623.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone, I had a couple of questions in mind that I've been wanting to ask:

I'm a semi radio junky, and I deffinitely need the radio on whenever I'm driving to and back from school. In the mornings, I listen to the radio station KLove, and this other channel called AJ's Playhouse 93.3. One thing is, I get REALLY bad reception for KLove on the route i travel to school, so whenever I'm driving and there's bad reception for KLove, I switch to 93.3. SO the thing is, Aj's playhouse has this one 10 minute or so section called "Hollywood Gossip". Ok so... now... if I'm listening to it, am I guilty of sin? I don't talk bad about anyone or anything I hear on that show, but the person that reviews that section claims it as Hollywood "Gossip". But is Hollywood gossip really gossip? The stuff played over that radio station is nothing more than stuff you hear about britney spears on the news channels.

Oh and also, if anyone knows any more Christian radio channels, AM or FM, with good reception in San Diego, please feel free to leave the channel address on this thread :thumbsup:

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone, I had a couple of questions in mind that I've been wanting to ask:

I'm a semi radio junky, and I deffinitely need the radio on whenever I'm driving to and back from school. In the mornings, I listen to the radio station KLove, and this other channel called AJ's Playhouse 93.3. One thing is, I get REALLY bad reception for KLove on the route i travel to school, so whenever I'm driving and there's bad reception for KLove, I switch to 93.3. SO the thing is, Aj's playhouse has this one 10 minute or so section called "Hollywood Gossip". Ok so... now... if I'm listening to it, am I guilty of sin? I don't talk bad about anyone or anything I hear on that show, but the person that reviews that section claims it as Hollywood "Gossip". But is Hollywood gossip really gossip? The stuff played over that radio station is nothing more than stuff you hear about britney spears on the news channels.

Oh and also, if anyone knows any more Christian radio channels, AM or FM, with good reception in San Diego, please feel free to leave the channel address on this thread :thumbsup:

MY BROTHER,

Whether listening to Hollywood Gossip is a sin or not i can't say. (In any event, as Paul states, everything that is "legal" is not necessarily expedient. [I Cor 6:12])

i can, however, categorically assert that your time would be much better spent in prayer and communion with God as you drive.

A BOND-SLAVE OF CHRIST,
ephraim

Upvote 0

Solidlyhere

May 6, 2007
near San Francisco
✟17,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is Gossip a SIN?

Well, even if it is, you are not saying any gossip.
So, the Sin would be with 93.3 ... not with thee.

My idea of when something becomes a sin is, when a person loses her sense of Moderation, and the "thing" takes on the appearance of an Obsession.

With this definition of a sin, even something Spiritual could take on the Life-sapping power of Obsession.
I knew a girl several years ago.
She was a strong Christian.
Her brother died in an accident.
At first, she took it pretty well.
But soon she slipped into praying.
And I don't mean just praying . . . I mean JUST praying.
She began praying nearly every waking minute.
When she first woke up, she prayed in bed for an hour.
Then she got on the floor, and prayed until lunch-time (where she said Grace).
Then, back to her bedroom, for the rest of the day.
When asked to STOP a little -- once in a while -- she balked.
She said that she is constantly doing God's Will.

She even refused to go to Church (because they spent time singing, and the sermon).
Her Mom was climbing the walls.
She did no chores. She lost 20 pounds (when she was thin already). Her skin turned ashen.
OK, well, the moral is: Everything in Moderation.

A few minutes of Hollywood news is probably OK for you.
But, you should know -- for yourself -- what is healthy for you, and what can "hold you back" from your relationship with Jesus Christ.

It's too bad that you can only pick up 2 stations that you like.
I mostly listen to one of a couple of CDs I like.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Well it's time you put a CD player in your care and listen to good messages from God-anointed teachers, even the Bible is available on CD. And also you could play some great praise and worship music on the way to work.

Mate, you are being brainwashed by the world by listening to those radio stations, actually you are unequally yoked with unbelievers.

Change mate, turn them off and turn our Lord Jesus Christ on.

Upvote 0

madeclean

Oct 12, 2007
✟7,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think you are sinning by listening to a short sequence on a secular radio station neccessarily. Jesus is much stronger than that, and if you have a solid relationship with Him, it should not be a huge problem. Remember, greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.
Jesus also can't be killed by a miniskirt, a box of haircolor, or a cigarette, believe it or not! Hee Hee. But seriously, the Lord looks within our hearts for our motivation. He is not like people who only see the exterior, and draw thier conclusions from that.
So ask yourself, why am I listening? Does this affect my mindset for the day, or is it really just mildly entertaining? If it's the latter, then don't worry about it. But, if you feel it alters your perspective negatively, then skip it.

Upvote 0

madeclean

Oct 12, 2007
✟7,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey MrsBeze
Do you have any Christian friends who can counsel you? Or is there a friendly bible-based church in your area you can attend? I think you should take some steps to get the answers and support you need from people in your life.
I will say this though. Christianity is predicated on four spiritual laws. This may help you to clarify what it is all about.
1) ALL people have sinned and are imperfect.
2) This sin nature separates us from God, who is perfect.
3)There is nothing we can do to fix this on our own.
4)Jesus' love and sacrifice on the cross payed the price for our sin, and through Him we can be delivered from enslavement to our sin nature, and made right with God. He, and a relationship with Him by accepting His sacrifice for our sin, is the ONLY way to salvation.
So, I guess you have to ask yourself if you agree with that.
Pray, and ask God to show himself to you. If you really are seeking the truth and don't secretly have any bias, He will reveal Himself to you through people in your life, His word, ect...
Remember, sin isn't just the "Biggies" (murder, adultery, stealing) it's plain and simple selfishness too. It is not judged on a sliding scale, so that puts us ALL on a level playing field.
Christ be with you.

Upvote 0