florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
We are true eagles. Eagles are pretty much loners and go their separate ways. They are wrapped up in their own lives. They may occasionally hang out together but for the most part they are self-absorbed. Doesn't that describe us? :amen:

I guess you are all getting ready for Christmas. I hope your New Years' resolution will be to post here more often. ;)

You might notice my new avatar. That's me when I was little. :p I put a pair of wings on me and a halo. :angel: Anyway, I like to call it The Littlest Angel. I loved that Christmas story when I was little.

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
How true Migs. What a fitting description for the golden eagles. You picked me to a tee!

It's going to be one very busy week this week, so my guess is there won't be much action around the place. I'll be away for two weeks come Boxing Day but will try to get into CF as much as I can.

Great avatar too Migs. Are you still the little angel you were back then? hehe!

Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Tavita said:
Yeah, boxing day is just the day after christmas and is always a holiday too. I've forgotten what the real meaning is. Aussies love to have holidays for anything. I guess you guys do too.

I'm going to move to Australia. :D

Here's something I found on the internet about Boxing Day:

Boxing Day

In England a long time ago…

Servants were required to work on Christmas. They were responsible for making the holiday run smoothly for wealthy landowners. They were allowed to take leave on December 26th and visit their families. The employers gave each servant a box containing gifts and bonuses. In addition, around the 800s' churches opened their alms boxes (boxes where people place monetary donations) and distributed the contents to poor.

That's neat. I'm going to celebrate Boxing Day. I don't have any servants and I'm not a servant so I don't know how I'm going to do it. But I'll think of something. :D

Upvote 0

Tavita

Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
Migs! What a crackup you are!
c128.gif

What most people do, is go to the beach and swim, sunbake, surf..., which is kinda out for you!

Hang on!... you could go surfboarding or sunbaking in the snow... got any snow?

You haven't?.. ok.. another thing we do, is visit relos (relatives), or just laze around all day and watch the cricket with a stubbie (beer) .... you don't have cricket do you?

Well, I dunno, I'll have to leave you to work it out....

Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I love y'alls sayings. Relos? Stubbie? :) I guess cricket is like soccer, right?

Those are all good suggestions but I don't want to visit relos. They're always visiting me. :sick: And I don't drink stubbies. But I can laze around pretty good. :D

Love those smilies, too. That one getting in and out of bed just kills me! ^_^

Upvote 0

Tavita

Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
Hiya guys!! We're on our way back from Townsville now. Bev will know where we are .... at Sarina Beach just south of Mackay. It's lovely... palm trees swaying... the gentle roll of the surf.... and stinking hot!

Anyways... here's the addresses for some smilies:

http://www.abestweb.com/smilies
fencing.gif

http://www.rr-bb.com/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=0&forumid=15
dev2.gif

All you do is right click on the smilie you like, go down and click on properties, it will bring up a little box, copy the smilie 'location' address by highlighting it and then right click and choose copy (left click), go back to CF to your post, click in the post where you want the smilie, click on the little box up there in the tool bar which is yellow and has a couple of mountains in it (insert image)... right click in the address bar and then choose paste (left click) and then choose OK... and Bob's your uncle! Well, he's my father really. Did you understand all that??

A special someone taught me how to do it so I thought I'd pass it on. If ever you want to know where to get smilies or graphics, right click on the smilie you like... go to properties and you'll see the address there.

See ya's ... Tav's
coffeetime.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.