Status
Not open for further replies.

davidoffinland

Sep 16, 2004
finland
✟8,343.00
Faith
Lutheran
From Finland. I have come to retirement age here in Finland. I am an American transplant married to a Finn and now next month, the government says I must stop work for 2 months. Then, I can go back to work if I want to.

This summer it struck me with force as I went to the store on a Monday morning and I saw all these "old" people standing around....and I thought, "Am I going to be like that when I retire?" I firmly believe that older people and retirementees have alot of potential to still do good and this is the direction I am praying about. For example: mission work, church work, or still be with my old employer as long as possible. My work has been teaching English oral skill in high school and part-time preaching English services in an Int´l setting with foregners living or studying in Finland.

Any good hints or suggestions to work through these feelings and thoughts?

Thanks, David. :cool:

Macca

Veteran
Feb 25, 2004
Frankston North
✟9,640.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
davidoffinland said:
I have committed all these thoughts before my Heavenly Father. I hope I can be sensitive enough to follow His Will.

From Finland,
David.
the Bible says "the gift will make way for itself" . If you are doing something you feel led to do by God, if it is of God, a way for you to be acknowleged as having an area of ministry in this area.
Macca. :preach:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.