new england
✟10,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have had this experience by christians. I would say whatever that i have prayed and believed in faith and am standing in faith that God will perform that which i have prayed for. And another believer would say, i bet your wrong. I bet... blah blah blah. Christians must stop coming against each others prayer with doubt and negativity. We are called to walk by faith. We all are to be patient with each other but that does not mean you smother your faith for some one elses weaknesses and doubts.
God hears prayers in faith. Prayers said then "well i hope so" negates, annuls, voids, dissolves the request prayed for. Let us BELIEVE THAT GOD IS ABLE TO PERFORM THAT WHICH WE PRAY FOR. And let us have consideration with others to believe with them in a prayer of agreement.
I have had the experiences of many Christians acting like news reporters for satan... negative, negative... negative. God is a deliverer, he delivers people, he rescues people, he heals people, he restores people.
Many came to Jesus to heal them. He said, ACCORDING TO YOUR FAITH BE IT SO. So why do other believers cast doubt upon others prayers? That is something that has to change if the person who is doing this ever expects God to manifest answers for them. ~ Blessings

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're certainly on the right path! Those that discourage you are reminding you of where you are in your walk with God. At least, that is how I take it when that happens. There are many who claim Christ and don't know who He is. They only know things about Him which is a huge difference.

Keep up the good fight of faith and remember we do not wrestle against flesh and blood! :yellowheart:

• Friendly
Reactions: YanKee Gal
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟686,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe God will do everything that is within His Will to do and will do nothing outside of His Will.

Prayer should bring our will in line with His Will and make it the same.

Jesus and the Father were the same because They had the same Will, we may fall short, but this is our goal; to will and to want what God wills and wants.

Some people just don't want people discouraged, or even doing harm to others (by refusing medical care and more) because they are treating God as if He's Santa Claus and not the God of the Heavens and the Earth who may answer us in multiple ways.

Even Jesus asked for this cup to be removed from Him (If it was the Father's will) and was denied. We don't get everything we ask for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I disagree. You willingly shared your prayers with others of your own volition and complain about their response. There would be no negative exchange if you'd kept it to yourself. If you're going to address their behavior you must be willing to admit that your actions were its cause.

I think a little discernment about your audience would yield a better experience.

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i suffer with mental problems. People tried to say i denied the Lord because i wasn't healed of this. That didnt help my mental health at all. It didn't build faith but instead destroyed it. I mean if God heals all those who are saved, and im not healed, what joy do i have? Where is my peace found?

So what if im not healed? My affliction made me see i have a refuge in the Lord.

Upvote 0

YanKee Gal

YanKee Gal
Jan 16, 2019
new england
✟10,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I disagree. You willingly shared your prayers with others of your own volition and complain about their response. There would be no negative exchange if you'd kept it to yourself. If you're going to address their behavior you must be willing to admit that your actions were its cause.

I think a little discernment about your audience would yield a better experience.
This is a friend of 47 years. He is negative all the time. I only shared it here to show that we are to edify, exhort and BELIEVE THAT WHEN WE ASK GOD HE ANSWERS OUR PRAYERS. To cast doubt on our prayers and those of others is not walking in faith.

Upvote 0

YanKee Gal

YanKee Gal
Jan 16, 2019
new england
✟10,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
i suffer with mental problems. People tried to say i denied the Lord because i wasn't healed of this. That didnt help my mental health at all. It didn't build faith but instead destroyed it. I mean if God heals all those who are saved, and im not healed, what joy do i have? Where is my peace found?

So what if im not healed? My affliction made me see i have a refuge in the Lord.
The Apostle Paul asked God three times to take away the spirit that buffeted him and the Lord said No. My Grace is sufficient for thee. Also in Corinthians it says In our weakness is his strength. He sustains us, he is glorified in this. OUR JOY IS THE LORD. All of us daily pick up our cross and follow him. Each cross is different. When we offer up our human suffers to him, he comes to us in the midst of our trials and comforts us, reveals his love for us. I will pray for you.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
i suffer with mental problems. People tried to say i denied the Lord because i wasn't healed of this. That didnt help my mental health at all. It didn't build faith but instead destroyed it. I mean if God heals all those who are saved, and im not healed, what joy do i have? Where is my peace found? So what if im not healed? My affliction made me see i have a refuge in the Lord.

I am sorry for your experience. Many have this belief and it's very errant. I watched my aunt do the same and the disappointment was great. God doesn't heal every situation. Sometimes the issue is part of His plan for you.

Whenever someone says it I mention Joni Eareckson Tada. She's done great things because of her disabilities and many have benefited from her work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
To cast doubt on our prayers and those of others is not walking in faith.
We walk by faith not sight. Whats that mean? It means we look at eternal things rather than temporary things. Healing in this life is temporary so how does it define my faith?

• Agree
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Apostle Paul asked God three times to take away the spirit that buffeted him and the Lord said No. My Grace is sufficient for thee. Also in Corinthians it says In our weakness is his strength. He sustains us, he is glorified in this. OUR JOY IS THE LORD. All of us daily pick up our cross and follow him. Each cross is different. When we offer up our human suffers to him, he comes to us in the midst of our trials and comforts us, reveals his love for us. I will pray for you.
That scripture was one that helped me. It showed me that there is hope in difficult things. Maybe we wont get the answer we want, but we can find hope still.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am sorry for your experience. Many have this belief and it's very errant. I watched my aunt do the same and the disappointment was great. God doesn't heal every situation. Sometimes the issue is part of His plan for you.

Whenever someone says it I mention Joni Eareckson Tada. She done great things because of her disabilities and many have benefited from her work.
Yes, and Fanny Crosby was blind yet she wrote many spiritual hymns.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is a friend of 47 years. He is negative all the time. I only shared it here to show that we are to edify, exhort and BELIEVE THAT WHEN WE ASK GOD HE ANSWERS OUR PRAYERS. To cast doubt on our prayers and those of others is not walking in faith.

Yes, God hears our prayers but He doesn't give us everything we ask for. More importantly, there are people who believe that He will no matter what it is. And that's equally problematic.

I'm sorry your friend is negative. If he's always been that way for a long time it could be a spiritual issue. But even so, I don't think it's my job to come in agreement with everything someone says because they're a believer if I feel differently in my spirit. And while I like encouraging people and giving support, I won't lend my amen to something to make them feel good and I don't believe a friend would do so either.

Some people need validation. They have difficulty hearing no. They need constant agreement. I don't appease that. But in the same way, I won't be a naysayer unless the Lord has told me to speak up. :)

• Agree
Upvote 0