Feb 9, 2004
Sydney
Visit site
✟17,737.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I'd like to say hello and apologise for my extended absence from CF the last week or so. The net went down here at home, and then there was Conference... so I have so much to do!!!

Anyway I have in the past criticised the Hills folk... and even questioned where their eternal destiny lies... but do you know what, God really dealt with me on Friday... I had become so critical of Hills and others that it really embittered me (is that a real word?!) and I was even unable to sing certain songs... you know the Holy Spirit touched me and by the night rally it was like my heart was set free and I was able to really reach out and praise God... all the guys from church have commented that I even look like I've been released from something... I should point out, I am not a Hillsong Church member, I attend an AOG church in Parramatta, and I love it there.

I want to point out to everyone that I don't agree with every thing the Hillsong church has said or sung, but I have learnt to love them will do more good than continually criticise... when we argue with each other the way we have been on these boards we are pointing our guns at one another... what if we settled our differences, agree to disagree on some points and simply go after the powers of darkness and use all our ammo on the lost... bringing them into the kingdom. If we did that, I reckon there's half a chance our churches would swell... and I mean really swell.

Having spent the week at the conference I learnt something about the leaders there... they really do have a heart for building the CHURCH - not the Hills church but the CHURCH. Sure, I still wonder why they plant outreach plants when there are already AOG churches in those areas but honestly you can see the passion for JESUS (not Hillsong) that is in the faces and lives of their leaders. Spend an hour with Joel A-Bell and Phil Dooley, you'll see what i mean.

So far as the anointing thing goes... well I don't really know why EVERY person was anointed, we didn't really like that much but I tell you what, the Holy Spirit fell on me in the 'dome and I was crying before the Lord, and I tell you I wasn't the only person. God was in that, at least for some. And so far as Mr Costello... well I am not too keen on politicising the church but I never really got that impression... Pete is a Christian and I'm not against him being there... ok perhaps getting the man to speak might not have been necessary but honestly aren't there bigger issues than whether it's right for the Treasurer to attend and speak at a church... what if it was his church... would it still be wrong? Don't other churches get guest speakers from week to week?

As your fellow brother - whichever side of the Hillsong divide you are on - I urge us all to first and foremost pursue unity. Both sides have IMO been guilty of flaming the opponents and in the end all we achieve is hurt feelings, seared consciences, barriers being built between the denominations, and worst of all, a really pathetic example set to the non-Christian. If they see us bickering all the time why on earth would they want to be a Christian? I know we need to thrash out sound doctrine but continuous arguing, and labelling denominations as heretical or whatever is getting us nowhere... and I have been a major stumbling block in this way. Can you all forgive me?? I am sorry for my words in the past.

T

thejesusfish90

Hey Guys,
Have been reading the thread about annointing, and you know what I felt quite discouraged. Art of War and Icystwolf...you should both send each other PM's apologising about the terrible things you said to one and other. Truly ask yourselves what Jesus would have done...not just you two but everyone on the thread who flamed one and other....its alright to ask questions, but remember this is a forum, your questions and comments should be posted in a way which doesn't flame anyone at all, even if someone deicides to flame you.....To think that christians have to be told this!!!!

I think that Living Worship has set a fine precident to us all.

On the topic of hillsong, I would like to ask a few of its memebers some questions, as I went to Hillsong when i was a little younger with my pentecostal cousins, and a few of the things they did confused me. It was around the start of the year (2003), and they did that whole anointing thing, I would just like to know, why they did this, what was the reasoning they used..(im sure there is a perfectly good one)....I went along with the rest of the crowd in having it, but i never really got the reason behind it. Though while i pose this question towards Hilsong, allow me to express my support of them...I could clearly see while there people who had a love and passion for Jesus, and seeing the absolute mass of people who came forward towards the end when they asked people who wanted to know more about jesus and christianity to do so, as well as the mass of people who were baptised every week, was to me massively encouraging....Plus i am quite a fan of their music ;-).

Oh and another question, why were the people around me babbling, I've heard it something to do with speaking in tongues, but im unsure...

Yours in Christ

Chris

Upvote 0

artofwar

May 20, 2004
Sydney
✟2,007.00
Faith
Pentecostal
and they did that whole anointing thing, I would just like to know, why they did this, what was the reasoning they used..(im sure there is a perfectly good one)....
Can I ask exactly what went on as i dont recall this being done?

why were the people around me babbling, I've heard it something to do with speaking in tongues, but im unsure...
yes it was called toungues as in the day of pentecost what the apostles did , im not going to argue this as it has been killed on this forum

Upvote 0
T

thejesusfish90

Quote:

and they did that whole anointing thing, I would just like to know, why they did this, what was the reasoning they used..(im sure there is a perfectly good one)....

Can I ask exactly what went on as i dont recall this being done?
Um, I cant remember it perfectly, but the sang a few songs, did a little tlak on the bible, then at the end, Brian Houston came out, and I think talked aobut the use of annointing in the time of the old testement, and it sisgnificance, and then he went on about how it was significant to us....I didn't really get why, and now that i have matured (a little :) ), i cant rememeber the justification he gave, I think it was some kind of blessing for growth in Christ during the year, ne way...then pastors (gee there were heaps of them), came around and put oil on peoples foreheads, and then laid their hands on (i think the laying on of hands was cool....more personal) people and prayed for them during the year.....Thats all i recall...what justification was given when people were anointed at hillsong 04?

Thanks

Your Bro in Christ

Chris

Upvote 0

artofwar

May 20, 2004
Sydney
✟2,007.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Um, I cant remember it perfectly, but the sang a few songs, did a little tlak on the bible, then at the end, Brian Houston came out, and I think talked aobut the use of annointing in the time of the old testement, and it sisgnificance, and then he went on about how it was significant to us....I didn't really get why, and now that i have matured (a little :) ), i cant rememeber the justification he gave, I think it was some kind of blessing for growth in Christ during the year, ne way...then pastors (gee there were heaps of them), came around and put oil on peoples foreheads, and then laid their hands on (i think the laying on of hands was cool....more personal) people and prayed for them during the year.....Thats all i recall...what justification was given when people were anointed at hillsong 04?
oh ok dont really know what to say as im from the City side and i dont recall having that the same as i dont recall it at hillsong 04 either

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Bevlina

Hope that's wonderful!! I hope you love it there, make heaps of friends and do lots of good for people!:hug:

Jim...art....time out? Please? Let us remember to love one another. Love is the chief fruit of the Spirit. Both of you come across like sour lemons. Do we have to have a record of locked threads?
May you both just agree to disagree and leave it at that. We are all children of God.
It does not matter which church you go to. God is not going to judge you an your church,or on your knowledge, He is looking at your hearts.
I detect an element of pride in both your posts. PLEASE, do not fulfill what Timothy
3:1-2 means....
When I read your posts, those verses immediately come to mine.

"This know also that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters,,PROUD blasphemers,disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy."

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

Yes art...you do have every right. And, I for one am very disappointed that Jim is continuing to write such things which are hurtful. I hope you didn't read yourself into the text. But, remember that in the end.....God looks on the heart of ALL of us.

I don't think He cares much about which church we belong to, as long as that church teaches about His Son Jesus. And, I believe Hillsong does that. And, that ...should be sufficient for ALL of us to know. Am I right Jim?

Am I right art?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.