The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, I found out yesterday I'm going to have to basically rebuild the high tunnel in order to move it. I thought I could just move one section and add it to the end, but it will be about the same amount of work to take it all apart and move it down to where it will drain properly. We are also going to have to purchase a new plastic covering. Luckily there is a green house that takes theirs off after only 2 years and sells them for $150 for a 35 x 100 sheet, a steal.
WP_20150518_005.jpg

This picture was during the initial build, unfortunately, we had an early heavy snowstorm the first year and the metal pipes are not as straight as they were.

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Was finally dry enough to get all of the regular garden tilled yesterday,(25' x 80') the only thing planted so far is a little leaf lettuce, spinach, and kale.
Going in the woods tomorrow afternoon to cut a bunch of posts I need for rebuilding the high tunnel. Going through my seeds from last year to see what I need to get for planting this year, though I should have already done that.
In our extended forecast I see we may have one more little cold snap at the end of the month with one night being below 32!!!, Oh well, will cross that bridge if it comes.

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey there Humble, I envy (in the nicest possible way) you your 'pioneer' situation being able to go cut your own timber. But certainly don't envy you the late start to your growing season. There's me already worrying about not enough water in the soil because temperatures are going to be up in the twenties (above 68 °f) this coming week.
Good growing to you
><>

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sometime soon, I am looking to get a small lumber mill so I can build us a new barn, using our own timber, but God willing, that will be sooner than later.

The tunnel has been on hold for a while, now on Monday I'm back to full time work(50-60 hours per week), so it will be tough to get it up and running. This weekend was taken up with the two new Nigerian Dwarf goats (buck and a weathers), and getting them settled and situated in quarantine. We will be breeding for a late fall birthing. It was cold and rainy all weekend anyway and the garden is mud again.

Upvote 0