Hidden Treasures Of Darkness and Faith Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
“I will give you the treasures of darkness and hidden riches of secret places, that you may know that I, the LORD, Who call you by your name, Am the God of Israel” (Isa. 45:3)

I’ve walked in the darkness many times, and perhaps there are many of our brothers and sisters who are there at this very moment. We could ask: “Lord, is there a secret in this darkness?” And then we could ask HIM: “Why Lord, have You chosen me to be led into this darkness?” And then we could ask again: “Lord, are their treasures hidden in this darkness to be found by me?”

We all know the universal science that if we were to stand at the bottom of a deep, and dark well-pit, and look up to the sky, we will see the stars shining in the heavens, even when others above us at ground level are in the light, and they can’t see the stars. Can we discover those “hidden treasures in the darkness” that we may never be able to find in the light?

We could pray:

“Lord Jesus Christ, help me to learn the secret of turning all of my periods of darkness into occasions of delight, the delight of the discovery of Your hidden treasures, in Jesus’ Name!”

Through our sufferings we can learn to be obedient just like our Lord Jesus Christ: “though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.” (Heb. 5:8). Can we grapple with all of our personal issues, problems, and sicknesses day-after-day, and stand at the end of a tunnel and peer into the darkness of our suffering of our “soul”, and realise that the dark tunnel may be the shortest route around our hill or mountain that obstacle that has been in front of us for a long time?

When we find ourself surrounded by darkness, we need to look for a meaning that lies within it, and begin to dig, by the light of our “faith”, for those “treasures of meaning” that are “hidden within the darkness”. Only those who dig in “faith” will find those “treasures of darkness”. But, in our process, we can’t allow the darkness to overcome our body, or soul, nor allow it to drag our spirit down to such a degree that we may lose our “faith” and “belief”.

Do we find that challenging? Are we cleansing our hands and purifying our hearts?

Paul found many “treasures in the darkness” of his prison cell by the letters he had written. His letters enriched the lives of many Christians for centuries and will continue to do so for many more centuries. Our Lord Jesus Christ didn’t allow Paul to be surrounded by darkness; HE gave him a large pick (a very small scribing pen) to dig for the treasure, which crystallised into immortal phrases in all of his letters.

Many of us do the same when we post on forums, as we scribe our knowledge and understanding of our “treasures in the darkness”.

We could pray: “Lord Jesus Christ, I can see that the treasures of darkness come only to those who dig for its meanings. I will rejoice in it as I can turn the place of darkness into a place of discovery, in Your Precious Name!”

Do we understand that when we are surrounded by deep darkness that we are not going to be exempted because we are believers? We can overcome and conquer it by the authority given to us by our Lord Jesus Christ through our obedience and discipline! There is little we can do to stop the darkness falling, but there is a lot we can do in making it to give up it’s hidden treasure.

Whenever we find ourself in a period of darkness, we must teach ourself to “submit and draw near to him…to be sober and vigilant and resist the roaring lion…withstand and stand” (James 4:7-10; 1 Pet 5:8; & Eph. 5:13), and then hold onto the idea that what matters, is not so much what is happening to us, but the meaning and knowing that we can get out of it. All our sorrows, hurts, offences, disappointments, frustrations, anger that we hold onto can cause much torment and harassment; and depending on how our will; pride; rebellion; thoughts; emotions; shortcomings and attitudes; assumptions; values; desires; needs; purposes; etc., can cause those difficult experiences in our lives, at any given time. However, they can be times of great spiritual advancement in maturity; as we “confess, repent, forgive and love…transforming and renewing our minds…cleansing our hands and purifying our hearts as we fill our house” with His Word and HIM, “submitting to and drawing near to HIM” with the right attitude knowing that our Lord Jesus Christ will allow nothing to come into our life unless it can be used to be “perfect”!

We could pray” “Lord Jesus Christ; help us to have the right attitude to all of our circumstances, and to Your Commandments, in Your Precious Name!”

The experience of being engulfed in darkness can make us or break us; or shatter us or strengthen us. This darkness is not a cloud of guilt that descends upon us because of some sin we have committed, because HE allows the darkness, to come to us through other Christians, to deepen our understanding of HIM and HIS love, and to serve as a means of quickening our pace along “the narrow path of our race of endurance towards the goal---the crown”.

map4

Love Never Fails
Mar 29, 2008
Texas
✟10,762.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Elijah, this scripture came to mind:

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him

Being diligent. In the good times and the bad.
Not giving up no matter what is happening in our lives.

There is a song we sing at church that says:

Hold on to what you've got.
The fire's not that hot.
You can walk on through the flames
holding on in Jesus Name.

The devil is a liar
You can blow out the fire
with the power God has given unto us.

The devil comes a knockin
tryin to steal your soul
blinding you with circumstance
that you cannot control
Your heart's been torn to pieces,
you're at the end of your rope.
You've got a choice to make,
are you gonna hold on or just let go?

(repeat chorus)

You find yourself in a furnace.
The flames are all you see.
But Jesus paid the price
to give you the victory.
Take hold of your shield.
Take hold of you sword.
You're gonna march right out of this fire
in the Name of the Lord.
In the Name of the Lord!

(repeat chorus)

Hold on, just a little longer
Hold on, you're gonna get stronger
Hold on, just a little longer
Hold on, you're gonna get stronger
Hold on, in the Name of the Lord

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thanks mate, but actually the article is to bring the attention to those who still struggle that there are things that they are still suffering from and find themself surrounded by darkness. They struggle, holding on believing that if the do so then things will change, but you don’t keep on a sinking ship, when all they needed to do is see through those lies that are placed before them, and begin to dig, by the light of their “faith”. Only those who dig in “faith” by submitting and drawing near to HIM, cleansing their hands and purifying their hearts and resist the enemy, they will find those “treasures of darkness”, because they will begin to: have their broken-heart healed, be set free from captivity and healed. But, in our process, we can’t allow the darkness to overcome our body, or soul, nor allow it to drag our spirit down to such a degree that we may lose our “faith” and “belief” in ourself.

Blessings

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
God calls it the fruit of the spirit "long suffering" or being patient in tribulation. There are many scriptures that teach us to do everything that God asks us to do and then STANDING our ground against the forces of darkness. For the dedicated believer God has our undivided attention when we are going through a trial or in darkness as E2 says. It is a paradox of course we choose to be trial free and some would preach that this is the true sign of a victorious life. however, God is God and I am His bondslave and He leads me where He chooses. My part is to follow not ever doubt that God is with me and guiding me and to live victorious for Him no matter what my circumstance. Paul gives as a good example in himself and the lives of those he ministered with in 2Cr 6:1 Here is another good scripture by Paul.

Rom 12:12Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

Upvote 0

Elijah2

Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The title sounds familiar...But, oh so true BROTHER.......There are many things to be found in the dark places of life, I think this is where God reveals himself most to me it seems...

Yes, it is familar, as I have posted this article that has many other parts to follow, over the past few years.

Yes, I learnt a lot in the darkness. And then you will really know who HE is, and there are many treasures.

Blessings.:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.