Visit site
✟10,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I actually came across this forum after doing a search for forums on Christian fiction. I’m glad to be here! It’s always nice to be among fellow believers. I have many hobbies...reading, knitting, genealogy research, trying new recipes, and spending time with my husband and our daughter, and our family and friends. I’m also a writer, so it’s always fascinating to be around people, in my opinion. I look forward to many interesting discussions here!

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I actually came across this forum after doing a search for forums on Christian fiction. I’m glad to be here! It’s always nice to be among fellow believers. I have many hobbies...reading, knitting, genealogy research, trying new recipes, and spending time with my husband and our daughter, and our family and friends. I’m also a writer, so it’s always fascinating to be around people, in my opinion. I look forward to many interesting discussions here!
Hello Natasha, welcome to CF:).

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hello Natasha. Welcome to CF! May you find some great fellowship and interesting discussion. :cool:

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Welcome to Christian Forums, Natasha.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF, Natasha. Recently, I've finished a novel. It will be self-published on Amazon. This lady is proofreading and formatting it. I'm nervous to expose a finished product to public criticism.

Upvote 0

Natasha L. Polak

Apr 20, 2018
Indianapolis
Visit site
✟10,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF, Natasha. Recently, I've finished a novel. It will be self-published on Amazon. This lady is proofreading and formatting it. I'm nervous to expose a finished product to public criticism.

Hey that’s great HerelStand! It’s always nice to say hello to a fellow (indie) writer Best of luck to you! I understand how you feel, but it gets easier the more you allow the work to see the light of day. I’ve never been a big fan of criticism, so many of the things I wrote have been things no one has yet to read. But I realized I had to start “sharing” if I wanted to develop thicker skin, grow, and learn what people like or don’t like to read. Sooooo I never set out to be a self published author, and had always wanted to find a traditional publisher, and figured once I did that all my ducks would be in a row. Hah! I finally did get my big break, and just six months after my book came out, my publisher announced she was going out of business! It was a tough decision, with a lot to learn about process, including the fact that my publisher, her editor, and even other folks I had overseeing my work all missed some typos I’ve been having to fix, but I’m happy to say that with all of that, I re-published the novel on Amazon myself (this year, in fact), and am working on the next one. Can’t wait to see your novel show up on Amazon, too!

• Friendly
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Hey that’s great HerelStand! It’s always nice to say hello to a fellow (indie) writer Best of luck to you! I understand how you feel, but it gets easier the more you allow the work to see the light of day. I’ve never been a big fan of criticism, so many of the things I wrote have been things no one has yet to read. But I realized I had to start “sharing” if I wanted to develop thicker skin, grow, and learn what people like or don’t like to read. Sooooo I never set out to be a self published author, and had always wanted to find a traditional publisher, and figured once I did that all my ducks would be in a row. Hah! I finally did get my big break, and just six months after my book came out, my publisher announced she was going out of business! It was a tough decision, with a lot to learn about process, including the fact that my publisher, her editor, and even other folks I had overseeing my work all missed some typos I’ve been having to fix, but I’m happy to say that with all of that, I re-published the novel on Amazon myself (this year, in fact), and am working on the next one. Can’t wait to see your novel show up on Amazon, too!
Thank you. I've worked on the novel off and on for about three years. I have plans for the next one also.
I'm thinking of writing a present day version of this novel. What do you think?

What is your novel called? Mine is called It Could Happen Here. I'm working on a short description, because I'm naturally asked what the novel is about. The main part is about manipulation of evangelical attitudes and beliefs in an online world. I have fictional tech company called Proteus. The novel also takes in high school angst, anti-bullying, and violence against women. The longest part is a series of sermons/devotionals by 'Sister Emily,' who starts a campus ministry. I'm not a good in-person evangelist, so one goal of the novel is to use it as a witnessing tool.

Upvote 0

Natasha L. Polak

Apr 20, 2018
Indianapolis
Visit site
✟10,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. I've worked on the novel off and on for about three years. I have plans for the next one also.
I'm thinking of writing a present day version of this novel. What do you think?

What is your novel called? Mine is called It Could Happen Here. I'm working on a short description, because I'm naturally asked what the novel is about. The main part is about manipulation of evangelical attitudes and beliefs in an online world. I have fictional tech company called Proteus. The novel also takes in high school angst, anti-bullying, and violence against women. The longest part is a series of sermons/devotionals by 'Sister Emily,' who starts a campus ministry. I'm not a good in-person evangelist, so one goal of the novel is to use it as a witnessing tool.

Well, you know, good things take time!. My first novel was a good 22 years in the making - an idea which I had as a teen that changed shape over the years until I got serious about finally finishing the plot. When I had my book deal for it, it still took a good year and a half to get it ready! The series is called The Ellises, and book 1 is “A Place to Call Home.” It’s funny, but I too struggle with what to say for a plot snippet on the fly! Rather than give you the full synopsis, I will just say it’s the story of a young woman who loses her father in the summer of 1905 and must deal with society’s - and her family’s - expectations for her life, all while she’s harboring a painful past she’d soon forget but can’t shake.

I like your thoughts for having your book be an evangelism tool. That will help you go far, I think! Don’t lose sight of that vision.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Natasha L. Polak

Apr 20, 2018
Indianapolis
Visit site
✟10,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@HereIStand thanks for your note, fellow Hoosier! I couldn’t figure out how to post a direct response except through here! When you mentioned your hometown it made me think of the gummy bear factory up that way.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Natasha L. Polak

Apr 20, 2018
Indianapolis
Visit site
✟10,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hey there HereIStand! I haven’t yet been able to post to your profile because of my newness, but I’ve been receiving your messages! Sounds like your book adventure is on the right path! Best of luck and yes, a good cover makes all the difference! The piece of advice I was given to that end was to browse Amazon’s bestseller lists and find those similar to your topic or genre and see what elements of their covers they have in common. Then incorporate them into yours!

• Friendly
Upvote 0