Rio de Janeiro
✟461.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm a nondenominational Christian from Brazil.

I come from a Kardecist family and started developing an interest in metaphysical truth, God and religions in my early 20s. Went through many religions and philosophies. I've been sympathetic to Christianity for a long time due to some of its values, but took a long time to actually convert due to issues like alleged/apparent contradictions, which didn't really make sense to me until I was introduced to dispensationalism in 2020 through the internet by people like Robert Breaker and Gene Kim. To me, it seemed like the best explanation to these issues, although I'm aware there are many others.

My acceptance of Christ and the gospel of 1 COR 15 1-4 happened on May 2020.

To be quite honest with you, although my belief in God is steadfast (natural can't be the first cause of natural, entropy, thermodynamics, the complexity argument, etc) and I do experience phases of strong faith, I frequently waver in terms of specifics; interpretations, difficult passages, history issues, canon issues, etc. Although I do believe dispensational evangelical Christianity to be what makes the most sense, I experience difficulty feeling sure about most things.

I hope this forum helps me with my doubts, offers me new points of view and plays a positive role in my jorney towards truth and God. I also hope I can be a likeable member and contribute to the forum in a positive way. God bless.

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,837.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

up11_zpsb00daz00.gif

WELCOME to Christian Forums!

“And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.”

Deuteronomy 6:5

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
Isaiah 41:10

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With
men
it is impossible, but not with God:
for with God all things are possible.
Mark 10:27

The Lord is not slow to keep his promise.
He is not slow in the way some people understand it.
He is patient with you.
He doesn't want anyone to be destroyed.
Instead, he wants all people
to turn away from their sins.

2 Peter 3:9

Upvote 0

Jay Freeman

Nov 18, 2023
Anywhere USA
✟3,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Flaunge and welcome to the forum.

What are some of your favorite verses from the Bible?

I always found this one interesting...

Matt 10:34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 And a person's enemies will be those of his own household."

and...

1John 4:4 "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world."

You may find this link helpful...

Cheers

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm a nondenominational Christian from Brazil.

I come from a Kardecist family and started developing an interest in metaphysical truth, God and religions in my early 20s. Went through many religions and philosophies. I've been sympathetic to Christianity for a long time due to some of its values, but took a long time to actually convert due to issues like alleged/apparent contradictions, which didn't really make sense to me until I was introduced to dispensationalism in 2020 through the internet by people like Robert Breaker and Gene Kim. To me, it seemed like the best explanation to these issues, although I'm aware there are many others.

My acceptance of Christ and the gospel of 1 COR 15 1-4 happened on May 2020.

To be quite honest with you, although my belief in God is steadfast (natural can't be the first cause of natural, entropy, thermodynamics, the complexity argument, etc) and I do experience phases of strong faith, I frequently waver in terms of specifics; interpretations, difficult passages, history issues, canon issues, etc. Although I do believe dispensational evangelical Christianity to be what makes the most sense, I experience difficulty feeling sure about most things.

I hope this forum helps me with my doubts, offers me new points of view and plays a positive role in my jorney towards truth and God. I also hope I can be a likeable member and contribute to the forum in a positive way. God bless.
Fix your eyes on Jesus. As you seek Him you will find Him. Knowledge of the Bible is great, but knowing Jesus far greater.

Upvote 0