Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Well it's great to have you both here. There's a great bunch of people of here who know loads about what it is to be an Anglican, and they're just great anyway :). Feel free to ask any questions you want.

ICPitbull - i remember my confirmation and it was a very nerve-wracking time, so if we can in any way help out then let us know.

Orthodoxdragon- Don't know what an orthodox catechumate is ( :sorry: ) but's it's great to have you here none-the-less. Many would argue that Anglicanism is the closest denomination to Orthodoxy, or at least shares a number of fundamental aspects, so i hope you find what you are looking for. Certainly, as Anglican's, by our nature we are very inclusive and embrace all.

Anyway, i'm off to bed, but nice to see you here!

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
BAChristian said:
Now when is Paladin going to open that pub... ;)
Pub? If I did, it'd be a rootbeer one. I don't drink alcohol (and the Blood of the Lamb doesn't count because of obvious reasons ;)).

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OrthodoxDragon said:
Hi I'm new just wanted to say hi. When I say I'm new I'm new to the Anglican Church...I was a orthodox catechumate but wasn't really excepted there because of how I look so.....my journey of faith lead me here.

Peace In Christ

Just as a matter of interest, would you mind sharing (without going into personal details that you desire to keep private) or at least confirming that the Orthodox parish you attended was fixated on your appearance rather than your person and soul :(

While I am saddened by this, I am glad you have found a community that welcomes you. May God guide you and your family on your journey.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Welcome to you both! Are you doing a catechumenal process for preparation for your baptism/confirmation? Slowly the church is reclaiming these wonderful acient tools of formation and hospitality, and I hope you will be able to benefit from them!

And I'll have a pint of Guinness...
oh wait - it's 7AM here.
Hold that until after work, please :cool:

Upvote 0

TomUK

What would Costanza do?
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2004
Lancashire, UK
✟62,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Polycarp1 said:
Hey, you guys have a great idea for a Fellowship thread (debating off limits, share your daily walk) for this forum. Maybe The Cranmer Arms? ;)

Polycarp, you're a genius :clap:. If i ever open a pub then i will just have to call it that!

*note to self - copyright 'cranmer arms' before any unscrupulous soul steals it*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.