Hi, my name is Cheryl and

BarbaraJean

You took the fall and thought of me, above all!
Jul 5, 2004
Beautiful West Virginia!
✟74,175.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know what you mean, Cheryl. It's great to have such a variety of yarn available. Somebody recently gave me two huge bags of yarn, mostly scraps. I was thrilled until I started going through it. Most of it was soiled and I had to sort it. But I got a few goodies out of it.

Upvote 0

angel-of-archs

Oct 31, 2004
DC
✟504.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
daddys3chicks said:
....I am a yarnaholic! Sheesh! I am crocheting right now and I can't seem to stop buying yarn! It is all so pretty and soft and lots of colors - like candy only no calories! LOL! Help me!:eek:
:) .......well,u can talk to me and see whats wrong,and wassup!

Upvote 0

Mamaofthreeboys

Nov 10, 2004
✟250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
daddys3chicks said:
....I am a yarnaholic! Sheesh! I am crocheting right now and I can't seem to stop buying yarn! It is all so pretty and soft and lots of colors - like candy only no calories! LOL! Help me!:eek:
:wave: Yarnaholic here too hee hee.....

I need to get knitting :) I just dyed up 16 ounces of Ecowool last night ;)
Can't wait for it to dry so I can start making my DS his first pair of soaker pants:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

LynnMcG

A reflection of the Son
Sep 20, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟20,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You know, they say the first step is admitting you have a problem... ;)

My mom has what I call, a yarn store, in her home. She has yarn stored in 2 spare bedrooms, the dining room and living room. Whenever I get ready to start a project I begin my shopping with her. It's pretty funny. One of my younger sisters lives with my mom and begs me to take yarn.

Upvote 0

LynnMcG

A reflection of the Son
Sep 20, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟20,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mamaofthreeboys said:
:wave: Yarnaholic here too hee hee.....

I need to get knitting :) I just dyed up 16 ounces of Ecowool last night ;)
Can't wait for it to dry so I can start making my DS his first pair of soaker pants:thumbsup:
Ahhh, silly question maybe. But what are soaker pants?

Upvote 0

LynnMcG

A reflection of the Son
Sep 20, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟20,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
BarbaraJean said:
I know what you mean, Cheryl. It's great to have such a variety of yarn available. Somebody recently gave me two huge bags of yarn, mostly scraps. I was thrilled until I started going through it. Most of it was soiled and I had to sort it. But I got a few goodies out of it.
I saw the cutest scrap throw on Carol Duvall. It can be knitted or crocheted. I'm crocheting mine - double crochet. You do one row of each color and leave about 2 inches of string hanging on BOTH ends. When it's done it almost looks like a rag rug with fringe on both ends. It's so cute. She suggested using lots of different yarns in different textures. Eyelash yarns looked really cute, with the fringe hanging on the row. She also used sparkly thread, wools, boucle, whatever you have. When you finish a project, use a little yarn to add a row onto your scrap throw. It's like the rag quilts women used to make from pieces of discarded clothing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums