Hi. I don't know what else to say other than Hi.

tobelieveinHim

Sep 13, 2022
Glendale
✟26,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Um, I'm a Christian, Just a Christian, I have a Serious Mental Illness of Manic Depressive Insanity with Psychotic Features, Which is now called Bipolar 1 with Psychotic Features. I prefer being referred to as Manic Depressive.
I have been a Christian through most of my life honestly and can not remember a time where I wasn't introduced to Him. My household does engage in secularism entertainment, Against my wishes in all honest y, But it's kind of a necessary so my mom can keep up with how to advocate for me in the system.
I like Veggie Tales, and Mustard Pancakes, And wholesome shows and music such as this, But it's not what my parents tend to watch. They are Christians, though.
I'm 37, So I'm not a child, Though I have always wanted a big family like the Duggars, and am very attracted to people and men and women who support big families. I like both men and women who have and support big families. I have never had my own family, And I have only had one serious relationship that only lasted a couple of months and I think I went out with him because his last name was that of my favorite band's. :oops:A bit unsure by that one. :eek::(:confused::rolleyes:
So, That is it. I am on Social Security Disability and I spend a lot of time sleeping because of medications and because I do not sleep on my own without them. I don't know which comes first, The psychosis or the not sleeping. Either way, It leads to both.
So, I just spend my time at home and I like to shop for clothing, Though I am trying to cut back on that since I am on a limited income,
And I spend time just lying on the couch or upstairs doing nothing, Really. I spend time on the internet a bit, posting on Christian forums and have yet to find a forum that truly understands Serious Mental Illness, They all seem to focus on the positive, And it is not a positive experience.
Neither the Serious Mental Illness, Nor the system in which we have to navigate in order to keep our heads above water are positive experiences. Non~Cessationists don't help. That's not helpful. So, There's that, As well.
Recovery models for our sickest and most vulnerable are not helpful.

So there it is. I'm a Christian with a Serious Disorder in my Brain, That is not Recoverable. I will be sick with it for life. I turn 38 in February of next year, And this has been happening since I was 19, With my first instance of it probably when I was 18.
Blessings. Looking forward to posting somewhere else as well. :crossrc:

William J

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2021
Buffalo, NY
✟268,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Single
Hi tobelieveInHim, welcome to Christian Forums. There are forums about mental health issues if you are interested. I too have bipolar, or manic depressive, as you say, though I don't the psychotic features. You're right that mental illness is not a positive experience, at least not in most cases. I pray that God makes His presence felt in your life in the midst of the suffering that you go though.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @tobelieveinHim, WELCOME TO CF :wave: We are very glad that you found us and joined in the discussions with us :) And thank you for your interesting and informative introduction :oldthumbsup:

I look forward to seeing you out on the other boards too!

God bless you!!

--David

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Um, I'm a Christian, Just a Christian, I have a Serious Mental Illness of Manic Depressive Insanity with Psychotic Features, Which is now called Bipolar 1 with Psychotic Features. I prefer being referred to as Manic Depressive.
I have been a Christian through most of my life honestly and can not remember a time where I wasn't introduced to Him. My household does engage in secularism entertainment, Against my wishes in all honest y, But it's kind of a necessary so my mom can keep up with how to advocate for me in the system.
I like Veggie Tales, and Mustard Pancakes, And wholesome shows and music such as this, But it's not what my parents tend to watch. They are Christians, though.
I'm 37, So I'm not a child, Though I have always wanted a big family like the Duggars, and am very attracted to people and men and women who support big families. I like both men and women who have and support big families. I have never had my own family, And I have only had one serious relationship that only lasted a couple of months and I think I went out with him because his last name was that of my favorite band's. :oops:A bit unsure by that one. :eek::(:confused::rolleyes:
So, That is it. I am on Social Security Disability and I spend a lot of time sleeping because of medications and because I do not sleep on my own without them. I don't know which comes first, The psychosis or the not sleeping. Either way, It leads to both.
So, I just spend my time at home and I like to shop for clothing, Though I am trying to cut back on that since I am on a limited income,
And I spend time just lying on the couch or upstairs doing nothing, Really. I spend time on the internet a bit, posting on Christian forums and have yet to find a forum that truly understands Serious Mental Illness, They all seem to focus on the positive, And it is not a positive experience.
Neither the Serious Mental Illness, Nor the system in which we have to navigate in order to keep our heads above water are positive experiences. Non~Cessationists don't help. That's not helpful. So, There's that, As well.

So there it is. I'm a Christian with a Serious Disorder in my Brain, That is not Recoverable. I will be sick with it for life. I turn 38 in February of next year, And this has been happening since I was 19, With my first instance of it probably when I was 18.
Welcome. I hope you find some help here. I do know that Jesus came to set the captives free. I don't see any reason why He would not help you.

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,837.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
004_PINK-S245568555765_zpspu1cporm.gif

WELCOME to Christian Forums!

“And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.”

Deuteronomy 6:5

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
Isaiah 41:10

And Jesus looking upon them saith, With
men
it is impossible, but not with God:
for with God all things are possible.
Mark 10:27

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

All I can do is pray. Seek a good Counselor who knows what you are dealing with. Most Christian Counselors have no idea what is going on, so avoid them. Usually, they make things worse, guilt trips, blaiming you, saying there is sin in your life as the cause --- all nonsense dear one of Jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find prayers and comfort here.

Upvote 0