Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not sure what everyone wants to know about me, but I guess I'll start with the basics. I became a follower of Christ at the age of 12 and was baptized when I was 20, about 8 years later. This was after I got my Awana Citation award. Somehow in all of the scripture memorization the importance of believer's baptism was never discussed. :p

*yawns* And yes, I'm actually a poet with about 4 poetry publications to my name, a record I am looking to expand on. I'm finishing up my last semester of my English B.A. as we speak. I play chess - am currently rated 1122 and am looking to expand on that. Other than that, my life is pretty quiet (1 Thessalonians 4:11).

As for why I'm here, I'm looking forward to some challenging theological discussion, as I'm looking to expand my thinking on that front, but I wouldn't say no to some fun. Who likes rock and metal? I dig me some Skillet and Red.

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I too like rock and metal. And Linux.
Yup, currently rocking my kubuntu rig. It is the best. I dig the lack of background processes and the technical flexibility.

Any particular favorite rock/metal bands?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what everyone wants to know about me, but I guess I'll start with the basics. I became a follower of Christ at the age of 12 and was baptized when I was 20, about 8 years later. This was after I got my Awana Citation award. Somehow in all of the scripture memorization the importance of believer's baptism was never discussed. :p

*yawns* And yes, I'm actually a poet with about 4 poetry publications to my name, a record I am looking to expand on. I'm finishing up my last semester of my English B.A. as we speak. I play chess - am currently rated 1122 and am looking to expand on that. Other than that, my life is pretty quiet (1 Thessalonians 4:11).

As for why I'm here, I'm looking forward to some challenging theological discussion, as I'm looking to expand my thinking on that front, but I wouldn't say no to some fun. Who likes rock and metal? I dig me some Skillet and Red.
Welcome!

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yup, currently rocking my kubuntu rig. It is the best. I dig the lack of background processes and the technical flexibility.

Any particular favorite rock/metal bands?
On the Christian side, I like me some Living Sacrifice, Mortification, Extol, No Innocent Victim, and P.O.D.

Upvote 0

Margot Lugo

Apr 14, 2022
Chatsworth, CA
✟18,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Hi Linux.poet, I like your band choices! I'm listening to some old trap at the moment. See you around the forums! God Bless you!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
On the Christian side, I like me some Living Sacrifice, Mortification, Extol, No Innocent Victim, and P.O.D.
Looks I have some new bands to check out. :)

On the non-Christian side, I like Kamelot, Amaranthe, Halestorm, Icon For Hire, Saurom, and Rammstein (not the music videos for the last band, I don't watch them and I don't recommend them for anyone). If the mods want to delete this, that's cool, but I feel that honesty is important so I thought I'd try for it as a baseline.

For the purposes of full disclosure, if your conscience is so that you only listen to Christian music, I wouldn't recommend any of these bands. I've found them to be useful in my full recovery from emotional abuse and my continuing life thereafter, but the music that helped me get through that might ruin your day. I also like music in foreign languages (Saurom and Rammstein), as it helps with language learning and cultural familiarity.

I like your bands choices!

Yeah, Skillet and Red are far better choices for rock and metal, if you want to get into that.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to the forum! Old hard rock fan, now just worship….. if you can dance to it.
Lol, I think there is a reason why most churches don't play rock and metal in worship services. :)

It's a good thought, however - what songs are conducive to worship and which are not? That might be different for each person.

And does "thoughtful reflection on what God has done in your life and thinking about what to do next to best follow Him in the future" count as worship? I think it does, but I'm not opposed to dancing. Dancing is great. Some tunes just get you out of your chair, am I right?

• Agree
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Most of them are pretty all over the place, except NIV. They're just straight-up hardcore.
That's cool. I'm not going to hang a band for variety. As a poet myself, I understand that artists change, evolve, and like to mix in new stuff as time goes on.

Upvote 0

Cute Peonies

I love flowers irl
Jun 21, 2021
Antananarivo
✟48,400.00
Country
Madagascar
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
As for why I'm here, I'm looking forward to some challenging theological discussion, as I'm looking to expand my thinking on that front, but I wouldn't say no to some fun.

You'll find plenty of challenging topics here haha
Welcome! ^^

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi and welcome! Linux, yay!
I put it on my phone:
Screenshot_20220411-105225.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I put it on my phone:
Sweet. Looks like you piped the content of tr5.txt to Content-Server-3.txt.

I dig "ace@localhost" too :D

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sweet. Looks like you piped the content of tr5.txt to Content-Server-3.txt.

I dig "ace@localhost" too :D
Yep, that was an old screenshot I had lying around. If I remember right, I was trying to remove the "returns" (\n) from a file. For whatever reason, sed wouldn't work, but tr did.

Upvote 0