Gauhati
✟4,886.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hello people of Christian Forum. I hope I won't be thrown out for what I have to confess. I know I selected Christian as my religion, but I kinda have my Komboskini prayer rope where I chant the Jesus Prayer like the Orthodox, believe in Mary's role in salvation but not in papacy, believe in rapture and some other things!

I hope I won't be considered heretical here. I hope my faith in Jesus as the Son of our one and only Lord God who died to redeem us will help me find a community here.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello people of Christian Forum. I hope I won't be thrown out for what I have to confess. I know I selected Christian as my religion, but I kinda have my Komboskini prayer rope where I chant the Jesus Prayer like the Orthodox, believe in Mary's role in salvation but not in papacy, believe in rapture and some other things!

I hope I won't be considered heretical here. I hope my faith in Jesus as the Son of our one and only Lord God who died to redeem us will help me find a community here.
Welcome!

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to CF!

Relax, “Christian” is sort of the “I’m a Christian but I don’t fit in any of the other categories” group here, and I’m just as guilty of picking and choosing ideas from different denominations. You may wish to post with care in the Christian Congregations section, but as long as you don’t get into a debate in the wrong forum, you’ll be okay.

In addition, “heretical” is an insult that is against the forum rules when applied to a person, so if someone here calls you that, just report that to the moderators and they will take care of that for you.

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Welcome Salvator! :wave:

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hey there, Salvatore, welcome! Looking forward to seeing you out in the forums. Whether someone considers us a heretic or not doesn’t really matter in the long run if our faith lines up with God‘s holy word. The Lord is our judge. Have a great day!

Upvote 0

Salvator Mundi

Believes the Abom.of.Desol. is Ayodhya Temple
Jan 26, 2024
Gauhati
✟4,886.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Thanks for the welcome everyone! I was not really religious before. My family is Hindu and my country increasingly intolerant towards Christians especially since this month they inaugurated the so called greatest state sponsored Hindu Temple in the so called 'holiest city' which is supposed to unite them. Ironically some Indian Muslim and Christian communities also donated huge sums to its construction.

I was undergoing therapy before and was diagnosed BPD/Schizoid in my early 20s. My life experiences made sense only when I turned to the Bible which was in early 2019. Fortunately there have been lot and lot of online resources for those just starting out (One could argue that has both positive and negative repercussions for a new believer). Though they argue among themselves regarding the interpretations some I like to follow are the Bible Project, Grace to You, BLB which has helped a lot in accelerating my understanding of the Word. But that ain't enough. One needs to talk to actual Christians. So I searched and found this forum.

Still exploring this site, so tend to ask wrong questions in the wrong forum!
Look forward to talking to you all.!
Thanks again

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Salvator Mundi

Jan 26, 2024
Gauhati
✟4,886.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
PS: Bible really is true: You know India's most popular telecom brand Jio by Reliance has their most popular recharge value of that triple digit number of AC. Hare Krishna or the ISCKON cult have that number as their helpline number in their lodges. Banks often display posters of that number. I could go on. I guess people are most ignorant of that number here because they haven't read the Bible. This is how I know the time of the AC has started.

Unknown.jpg
reliance-jio-prepaid-disney-hotstar-16311875214x3.jpg copy.jpg

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

AMBASSADOR HAT

I understand that you were posting the images in order to give context to what conditions are like in India where you live, but, a friendly reminder that Introduce Yourself is for light discussion only and

Serious discussions go to other areas of the forum,
so if anyone wants to discuss the images Salvator has posted that would likely go in a new topic, probably in the Conspiracy Theories section of the forum. Thanks!

Please keep in mind that Ambassador hats are not meant to be punitive; they are meant to be guidance to help new members navigate the forum, as this forum can be complex with a lot of rules to protect and accommodate a huge group of people’s unique needs all at once. If you need more help, please feel free to reach out to me or another member of the CF Ambassadors team. We are here to support new members.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Welcome, there is an Orthodox presence in Christian Forums. Actually, we all share the basic faith of the Nicene Creed so there shouldn’t be any confusion about heresy as to being Christian.

Are you Malankara Orthodox of India?

If so, there is a sub forum of the Oriental Orthodox Churches in communion like the Copts of Egypt, the Armenians, Ethiopians etc. I can’t say how frequent replies might be there.

There is larger Chalcedon council Orthodox Church forum also. Despite the Oriental & Chalcedon official non communion, we all seem to share over 90% common faith. That sub forum has also seen less activity but it is well alive.

Of course I would encourage checking out wherever on Christian Forums.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Salvator Mundi

Jan 26, 2024
Gauhati
✟4,886.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Thank you Lukaris, I'll try to research according to your links which one I fit into.

I read a book on the Virgin Mary by Alexander Schmemann , an Eastern Orthodox writer and it's close to my heart.
But I also believe Scott Hahn's (Catholic Writer) interpretation of the Life of Joseph as a young man in love not an old man stuck in a loveless marriage lol. But again like the Protestants I believe in not erecting idols Mary and Jesus and wear just a cross ..

So lemme see, I'll def look into all the options you have mentioned. Didn't know they existed.

Welcome, there is an Orthodox presence in Christian Forums. Actually, we all share the basic faith of the Nicene Creed so there shouldn’t be any confusion about heresy as to being Christian.

Are you Malankara Orthodox of India?

If so, there is a sub forum of the Oriental Orthodox Churches in communion like the Copts of Egypt, the Armenians, Ethiopians etc. I can’t say how frequent replies might be there.

There is larger Chalcedon council Orthodox Church forum also. Despite the Oriental & Chalcedon official non communion, we all seem to share over 90% common faith. That sub forum has also seen less activity but it is well alive.

Of course I would encourage checking out wherever on Christian Forums.

Upvote 0