✟20,679.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Bono said:
Hi. I'm new here. i'm also new to the all Calvinsm thing, since I've been a Catholic since very recently. I think I've posted here before, but I want to make my formal introduction.

P.S.--Now I'm a Recovering Catholic. ;)
Welcome home! ;)

What was it that brought you to the Reformed position?

Upvote 0

Bono

Jun 29, 2004
Portugal
✟15,461.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Welcome.

Wow, you went from RCC to Reformed Theology. Quote a jump. :)

If you have any questions please ask.
Welcome home! ;)

What was it that brought you to the Reformed position?

Well, I've been strugling with this issues, since I never really fitted into the Catholic Church.
The reasons why I left the catholic Church is because are:
The Church's arrogant hierarchy;
Accepting other things apart from the Bible as authority of faith;
The absurd position that only the Church's interpretation of the Bible is correct;
The excessive doctrine of free will, for which I can find no Biblical justification;
The necessity of the Sacraments in order to obtain salvation;
And a lot of other issues I can't quite recall.

But the last drop was Cardinal Ratzinger's arrogant statement over pro-life Catholics. But don't get me wrong. I think abortion is a very serious sin. I just feel that it's a matter of religious freedom. And the real sinners are not pro-life politics. The real sinners are the ones who commit abortion and those who perform it. I know a lot of you will disagree. Well, that's just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bono said:
Hi. I'm new here. i'm also new to the all Calvinsm thing, since I've been a Catholic since very recently. I think I've posted here before, but I want to make my formal introduction.

Good Day, Bono

I was once a recovering Roman catholic, that was a Arminian, Till God taught me His Doctrines of Grace, my recovering is over.

For His Glory Alone:clap:

Bill

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

II Paradox II

Oracle of the Obvious
Oct 22, 2003
California
Visit site
✟860.00
Faith
Calvinist
Bono said:

hello. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

ken

Upvote 0

SoldierofChrist

Modern Reformationist
Mar 3, 2003
PA
✟767.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Bono, I'm glad to hear of your coming to grips with God's Word and putting aside human traditions! I myself struggled with it for a long time until I truly realized that I have absolutely no power to do anything. It was a great day and God has been glorified! May you glorify Him in your life as you follow Him and let Him guide and direct you. It's a wonderful feeling to come to grips with grace, truly and utterly. Amen.

Upvote 0

Bono

Jun 29, 2004
Portugal
✟15,461.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
welcome aboard :) Thats amazing that you can go from RCC to Calvinism that quickly. I was arminian till recently. it took me a year and a half to understand it.
Actually, it wasn't that quick, I've been strugling about this since long ago.

Just the opposite actually. When I first saw "Calvinism" I though it was made up by a bucnh of lunatics. Then I read scripture

Funny, I used to think the exact same thing.

Bono, I'm glad to hear of your coming to grips with God's Word and putting aside human traditions! I myself struggled with it for a long time until I truly realized that I have absolutely no power to do anything. It was a great day and God has been glorified! May you glorify Him in your life as you follow Him and let Him guide and direct you. It's a wonderful feeling to come to grips with grace, truly and utterly. Amen.

Really, I've been feeling a lot more peaceful now, since I came to terms with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums