Heres a LIST of the DIFFERENCES between Peters gospel and Pauls; two gospels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eph3Nine

Mid Acts, Pauline, Dispy to the max!
Nov 7, 2005
In the hills of Tennessee
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For Those who claim they havent SEEN a list comparing Peter and Pauls message..

No differences between Pauls and Peters gospel???What does scripture REALLY say?

Different Gospels

1.Peter – Circumcision
Gal 2:7-9 as the gospel of the circumcision [had been committed to] to Peter and they [the twelve] to the circumcised

2.Paul – Uncircumcision

Gal 2:7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision had been committed to me. we [Paul and Barnabas] should go to the Gentiles

Circumcision vs. Uncircumcision

ONE for Jews, ONE for Gentiles=TWO Gospels

Circumcision Gospel -The Mission of the Twelve

Mk 16:15-18 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

The Mission of Paul

1 Co 1:17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect. Gal 1:11,12 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

For Salvation, Works=what Peter preached= Acts 10:34,35 Then Peter opened his mouth and said: “In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. 35 But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.”

No Works=what Paul preached Rom 4:4,5 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. 5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness.

For Salvation Water Baptism =Peter preached this

Mark 16:16 “He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” 1 Pet 3:21 There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Spirit Baptism = Paul preached this.

1 Co 1:17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.

1 Cor 12:13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body – whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free – and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. Eph 4:4,5 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism [Spiritual].

Pray Whatever Prayers =this is what Peter preached.

Mat 21:22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.

Mk 11:24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

John 14:13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

John 16:23 Whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.

1 Jo 3:22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 1 Jo 5:15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

No Whatever Prayers =Paul preached this.

2 Cor 12:8-10 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. Phi 4:6,7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Health and Prosperity Sign Gifts = Peter preached this for Israel/the Sign Nation.

Mat 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. Mark 16:17,18 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Jam 5:14,15 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 3 John 2 Beloved, I pray [or wish] that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

Sign Gifts Pass Away= Paul preached this.
2 Co 12:7-10 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me [not given by God (Jam 1:16,17), but allowed as with Job], a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 Ti 5:23 No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities. 2 Ti 4:20 Trophimus I have left in Miletus sick.

Security of the Believer, Sin unto death Peter

1 Jo 5:16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.

Dead to Sin (Paul)

Rom 6:3,11 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 11 Likewise you also, recognize yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Security of the Believer Make Your Election Sure =Peter preached this for Israel.

Mat 6:15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Mat 24:13,14 >But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

John 15:6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

2 Pe 1:10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble. 1 John 2:3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

Sure of Your Election=this is our promise.
Eph 1:4,5,11-14 He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory. 13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory. Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
  1. In addition, Paul’s message had some secret elements.
  2. Eph 3:1-9 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles – 2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: 6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, 7 of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power. 8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to make all see what is the fellowship dispensation of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ.
  3. We are not under the circumcision gospel. Therefore, the Circumcision Epistles do not apply to us for salvation or security, but as I covered in the previous post, they will be in order in the tribulation.

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

No differences between Pauls and Peters gospel???What does scripture REALLY say?

Different Gospels

1.Peter – Circumcision
Gal 2:7-9 as the gospel of the circumcision [had been committed to] to Peter and they [the twelve] to the circumcised

2.Paul – Uncircumcision

Gal 2:7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision had been committed to me. we [Paul and Barnabas] should go to the Gentiles

Mk 16:15-18 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

The Mission of Paul

1 Co 1:17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect. Gal 1:11,12 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

For Salvation, Works=what Peter preached= Acts 10:34,35 Then Peter opened his mouth and said: “In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality. 35 But in every nation whoever fears Him and works righteousness is accepted by Him.”

No Works=what Paul preached Rom 4:4,5 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. 5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness.

Mark 16:16 “He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” 1 Pet 3:21 There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

1 Co 1:17 For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.

1 Cor 12:13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body – whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free – and have all been made to drink into one Spirit. Eph 4:4,5 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism [Spiritual].

Mk 11:24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

John 14:13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

1 Jo 3:22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 1 Jo 5:15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

2 Cor 12:8-10 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. Phi 4:6,7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Health and Prosperity Sign Gifts = Peter preached this for Israel/the Sign Nation.

Mat 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give. Mark 16:17,18 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Jam 5:14,15 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 3 John 2 Beloved, I pray [or wish] that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

2 Co 12:7-10 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me [not given by God (Jam 1:16,17), but allowed as with Job], a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 Ti 5:23 No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach’s sake and your frequent infirmities. 2 Ti 4:20 Trophimus I have left in Miletus sick.

1 Jo 5:16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.

Dead to Sin (Paul)

Rom 6:3,11 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 11 Likewise you also, recognize yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Security of the Believer Make Your Election Sure =Peter preached this for Israel.

Mat 6:15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Mat 24:13,14 >But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

John 15:6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.

2 Pe 1:10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble. 1 John 2:3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

Eph 1:4,5,11-14 He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will 11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory. 13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory. Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
  2. Eph 3:1-9 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles – 2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: 6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, 7 of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given to me by the effective working of His power. 8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9 and to make all see what is the fellowship dispensation of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ.
  3. We are not under the circumcision gospel. Therefore, the Circumcision Epistles do not apply to us for salvation or security, but as I covered in the previous post, they will be in order in the tribulation.
This list is for alhannah who said he didnt SEE two gospels. Lemme know what you think, al. :)

Upvote 0
A

Apollos1

NOPE !

Peter and Paul had just ONE gospel between them.

Galatians 2:7-8 explains how Peter had been empowered by God to go to the Jews while Paul was empowered to go to the Gentiles. This is what the parenthetical statement verse 8 is telling us. All who are confused on this passage ignore verse 8 altogether to READ INTO verse 7 what they want to see.

Two areas of ministry – but only ONE gospel to preach.
<<<>>>

AFTER the old law was &#8220;nailed&#8221; to the cross (Col. 2:14), all restrictions to go to the Gentiles were removed. This is why it is only AFTER the cross Jesus tells His disciples to go to ALL nations &#8211; Matthew 28:18f, Mark 16:15-16.
<<<>>>

Paul preached and practiced WATER baptism all of his ministry - - -
(Ex. Acts 16:15, 16:33, 19:5). Those who ignore this will always have a problem understanding what 1 Corinthians 1:17 says. Paul was baptizing when he went to Corinth in Acts 18:1 &#8211; just look at Acts 18:8 &#8211; Crispus and many Corinthians !!!

I expect no sensible explanation from those who believe Paul did not baptize when we come to 1 Corinthians 1:14-16 and we note where Paul BAPTIZED Crispus and Gaius&#8230; oh, and Stephanas&#8230; no &#8211; it was his HOUSEHOLD&#8230;Wow!

But the NO BAPTISM crowd rushes past all of this to get to verse 17 so they can camp-out on their misplaced anti-baptism belief.
Is an answer forthcoming from the proponents? LOL!

WATER baptism is the means chosen by God through which man appropriates the salvation that God offers man by His grace.
<<<>>>

Peter and Paul both taught that a man MUST do something to be saved. Error is taught from understanding Romans 4, where Paul explains a person can not earn their salvation, so some rush to proclaim you can sit on your duff and still be saved.
(These do not understand how grace works or the difference in the types of &#8220;works&#8221; as used in the NT &#8211; sigh!)

The truly odd thing is, those who promote this type of &#8220;easy believ-ism&#8221; do not recognize that Paul in Romans 4 uses Abraham as the prime example of one whose faith caused him to obey the will of God (ei. - do something) and thus appropriate God&#8217;s blessing!

Paul did not preach a do-nothing faith for salvation.
<<<>>>
Peter PRAYED what? Peter taught WHAT? Unfortunately the author of the original piece here can not prove what Peter did and did not pray for or preached about. And just what is a &#8220;Sign nation&#8221; ??? This is but terminology NOT found in the Bible to convey a thought that is NOT in the Bible &#8211; to promote a theology that is not found in the Bible!
<<<>>>
Secrets versus Unrevealed. There was nothing SECRET about what Paul taught. There were some things about his teaching that had previously been unrevealed before the time of Acts 2 &#8211; when the HS came to guide the apostles into all TRUTH &#8211; John 14:23, 16:13.

After this time in Acts 2 the truth was revealed and the things that the prophets had spoken about in regards to our salvation by faith in 1 Peter 1:10-12 and the grace that was coming to man were revealed!

1 Peter 1&#8230;

10 Concerning which salvation [salvation by faith &#8211; see verse 9] the prophets sought and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that [should come] unto you:

11 searching what [time] or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them [the prophets] did point unto, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glories that should follow them.

In fact, in Romans 16:25-26 Paul tells us just this. The MYSTERY (not &#8220;secret&#8221; things, but things unrevealed) has been revealed, and that mystery was &#8220;made known&#8221; by the old testament prophets! Peter and Paul together tell us that although the prophets did not understand the WHEN and the HOW the &#8220;spirit of Christ&#8221;, they were ministering unto those to whom the WHEN and HOW would be revealed &#8211; those that would realize the grace and the salvation of the Lord! How beautiful !!!

Romans 16&#8230;

25 Now to him that is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery which hath been kept in silence through times eternal,

26 but now is manifested, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, is made known unto all the nations unto obedience of faith&#8230;

Paul says now that the gospel (formerly the mystery) has been revealed, we know that &#8220;the prophets&#8221; make the gospel known as well &#8211; we know that it is the gospel about which they prophesied!

Paul has already affirmed this early on in Romans 1:1-2&#8230;

1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called [to be] an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

2 which he promised afore through his prophets in the holy scriptures&#8230;

Paul says that the GOSPEL he preached was PROMISED through the PROPHETS !

This is too plain &#8211; Paul and Peter AGREE on everything because they had only ONE gospel being revealed to them by one Holy Spirit. The PROPHETS
affirm this simple and plain truth of ONE gospel.

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No "Bi-Gospelism" found in scripture!!!

NOPE !

Peter and Paul had just ONE gospel between them.

Hmmmm, then why is there a gospel of the CIRCUMCISION and a gospel of the UNcircumcision??? If it was the same, then why did Paul have to TELL Peter and the boys ABOUT the gospel given to him, and why did they have to PERCEIVE IT?

Galatians 2:7-8
explains how Peter had been empowered by God to go to the Jews while Paul was empowered to go to the Gentiles. This is what the parenthetical statement verse 8 is telling us. All who are confused on this passage ignore verse 8 altogether to READ INTO verse 7 what they want to see.

What the verses SAY is that there are INDEED two gospels , with different ingredients, going to TWO separate groups of people. THAT is what it SAYS.

Two areas of ministry &#8211; but only ONE gospel to preach.

If that is the case then why did Paul call the gospel he preached "my gospel"...It should have been Peters gospel if it was the same one and Paul just joined the merry band of "disciples" with the SAME message, shouldnt it?

the old law was &#8220;nailed&#8221; to the cross (Col. 2:14), all restrictions to go to the Gentiles were removed. This is why it is only AFTER the cross Jesus tells His disciples to go to ALL nations &#8211; Matthew 28:18f, Mark 16:15-16.

I beg your pardon, but the truth of the matter is that under the KINGDOM program (which believing Israel was committed to) the restrictions to go to the JEW ONLY were NEVER LIFTED. Israel was to come to their prophesied Messiah FIRST, and THEN they could go to the other nations. They never accepted Christ as a NATION, and never went to the other nations but STAYED in Jerusalem! Those are the FACTS!

Paul preached and practiced WATER baptism all of his ministry
- - -
(Ex. Acts 16:15, 16:33, 19:5). Those who ignore this will always have a problem understanding what 1 Corinthians 1:17 says. Paul was baptizing when he went to Corinth in Acts 18:1 &#8211; just look at Acts 18:8 &#8211; Crispus and many Corinthians !!!

In his early ministry Paul DID baptize. Once he learned differently, he STOPPED, in fact , he SAID "Christ sent me NOT to baptize...." Seems to me a change took place in his thinking somewhere along the line.

I expect no sensible explanation from those who believe Paul did not baptize when we come to 1 Corinthians 1:14-16 and we note where Paul BAPTIZED Crispus and Gaius&#8230; oh, and Stephanas&#8230; no &#8211; it was his HOUSEHOLD&#8230;Wow!

The Corinthians were NOT known for being "spiritual giants" now were they? NO. They were babes and carnal. Is it any wonder that Paul is still dealing with them according to carnal things, because they could not handle MEAT, and were still babies ruled by their "senses."

...But the NO BAPTISM crowd...

Oh we are not the NO baptism crowd at all. We believe in the ONE baptism of Eph 4;5. What we DONT believe in is that water has ANY place in the salvation message today. It DID have a place in Israels program of times PAST...but we are baptized into Christs DEATH...not into WATER. It is an identification process...NOT a swimming party.

WATER baptism is the means chosen by God through which man appropriates the salvation that God offers man by His grace.

Now here we have the crux of the problem with this mindset.

The CROSS is the means of our salvation today, and His death, burial and resurrection and our identification WITH these FACTS that save a person today.

YOU , sir, make the Cross of NONE effect with your rantings and ravings about water baptism saving ANYONE!

Peter and Paul both taught that a man MUST do something to be saved. Error is taught from understanding Romans 4, where Paul explains a person can not earn their salvation, so some rush to proclaim you can sit on your duff and still be saved.
(These do not understand how grace works or the difference in the types of &#8220;works&#8221; as used in the NT &#8211; sigh!)

Peter and Paul did NOT both teach that one had to DO something to be saved. What Peter taught was that under the KINGDOM program one must do what GOD told them to do , and demonstrate their faith by action in order to be saved. Thus the instruction to "repent, and be water baptized"...if they didnt, they werent saved.

Paul on the other hand, made it crystal clear that the program had CHANGED. "not by works of righteousness , but by faith..."

Obviously, the finished work of Christ was the focal point in this GRACE work, and one could either put their trust in the work of another, or die in their sins.

The truly odd thing is, those who promote this type of &#8220;easy believ-ism&#8221; do not recognize that Paul in Romans 4 uses Abraham as the prime example of one whose faith caused him to obey the will of God
(ei. - do something) and thus appropriate God&#8217;s blessing!

Nothing EASY about it, apollos. It takes a humility of mind and spirit, given BY God to simply take Him at His Word instead of trying to lure mankind BACK under a works oriented program which has NO power to save today.

Paul did not preach a do-nothing faith for salvation.

He most certainly DID. That is what GRACE is all about, my friend. A truth that seems to elude you.

Peter PRAYED what? Peter taught WHAT? Unfortunately the author of the original piece here can not prove what Peter did and did not pray for or preached about. And just what is a &#8220;Sign nation&#8221; ??? This is but terminology NOT found in the Bible to convey a thought that is NOT in the Bible &#8211; to promote a theology that is not found in the Bible!

There are many other posts that have ALL the information you think is missing.

As to a sign nation not being in the bible, you may want to employ the word search in a bible program on the internet and you will find that it IS indeed in the bible. Israel was identified as the sign nation.

Before you let your ignorance embarrass you further, I would recommend further investigation into what the bible actually DOES teach. I hate to see anyone with egg on their face with no cause. Simple study remedies that problem so well.

As to the rest of your post...blahdy blahdy blah. We have been over this with you before.

Mark them that walk contrary to the gospel preached to you by Paul...they embrace the teaching of earthly things, and OUR gospel has to do with the Risen Christs ministry to the body of Christ...and ours is a heavenly calling...NOT earthly.

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Different Gospels

1.Peter – Circumcision

2.Paul – Uncircumcision

The Mission of Paul

Dead to Sin (Paul)

Anyone saying that Pauls gospel was the SAME as Peters had better be able to REFUTE all the differences presented here on this list from scripture, or forever hold his peace.

Upvote 0

s0journ3r

Sep 7, 2006
Louisiana
✟15,645.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Republican
1 Corinthians 1:15 :: Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance : that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born. For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them - yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. Whether, then, it was I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed.

Yours truly in Christ,
sojourner

Upvote 0

biblebeliever123

Nov 9, 2005
✟8,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
1 Corinthians 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
1 Corinthians 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
1 Corinthians 15:7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
1 Corinthians 15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
1 Corinthians 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
1 Corinthians 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
1 Corinthians 15:11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

The context is about the RESURRECTION...the whole chapter is frequently called the great resurrection chapter.
Peter preached Christ raised from the dead...to sit on the throne of David.
Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
This was according to PROPHECY.
Luke 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Nowhere does Peter preach that Christ was raised for our justification.
That is part of the MYSTERY message revealed to Paul.
Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.
2 Timothy 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:
2 Timothy 2:9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.
According to "my" gospel (the gospel given to Paul) Jesus Christ was raised for our justification.

Keeping with the context what they all were to preach was the resurrection....Peter's message he was raised to sit on David's throne/that is earthly hope for Israel/he will be their King.... Paul's messge He was raised for our justification.

Upvote 0

jeffweeder

Veteran
Jan 18, 2006
ADELAIDE
✟9,425.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them - yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. Whether, then, it was I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed.

now that is unity- Good point

Upvote 0

s0journ3r

Sep 7, 2006
Louisiana
✟15,645.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Republican
Keeping with the context what they all were to preach was the resurrection....

Does Paul mention only the resurrection? Nope. Let's look again.

1 Cor. 15:1-5, 11 :: Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. [Verse 11] ...this is what we preach, and this is what you believed.
Yours truly in Christ,
sojourner

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
1 Corinthians 15:8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.
1 Corinthians 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
1 Corinthians 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
1 Corinthians 15:11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

The context is about the RESURRECTION
...the whole chapter is frequently called the great resurrection chapter.

Peter preached Christ raised from the dead...to sit on the throne of David. Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

This was according to PROPHECY.

Luke 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Nowhere does Peter preach that Christ was raised for our justification. WHY?
....because That is part of the MYSTERY message revealed to Paul.

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

2 Timothy 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:
2 Timothy 2:9 Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.

According to "my" gospel (the gospel given to Paul) Jesus Christ was raised for our justification.

Keeping with the context what they all were to preach was the resurrection....Peter's message he was raised to sit on David's throne/that is earthly hope for Israel/he will be their King.... Paul's message He was raised for our justification.

Excellent response , BB!! This is what REAL Bible study is all about. Comparing truth with truth and ACKNOWLEDGING the DIFFERENCES!!!:):)
Those who are NOT studied and who do NOT read verses IN CONTEXT will not understand the multitude of wisdom they trample by yanking a verse out of context to TRY and prove a point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

biblebeliever123

Nov 9, 2005
✟8,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I gave the context which was conveniently ignored. The "so we preach" refers to the previous verses already posted, but glad to post them again for those who need to slow down and READ THEM.
(he was SEEN by Peter and the apostles after HIS RESURRECTION)
(He was SEEN by 500 plus people after HIS RESURRECTION)
(seen of James and others... after HIS RESURRECTION)
(seen of PAUL...after his resurrection)
The context is clearly giving EYEWITNESSES OF THE RESURRECTION.

(SO we PREACH.... what..... the resurrection)
Peter preached the resurrection of Christ to sit on the throne of David...Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.(preaching of Jesus raised/that is resurrected whereof THEY WERE ALL WITNESSES as seen in the context from 1 cor. 15:5 onward. )
Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Again, this was according to PROPHECY.
Luke 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

Paul preached the resurrection (as from the context of 1 Cor. 15:5 onward... they all preached THE RESURRECTION of which they were WITNESSES)
that Christ was RAISED for our JUSTIFICATION.
ACCORDING to MY gospel (the gospel message given to Paul) Christ was RAISED FOR OUR JUSTIFICATION.

Peter/preached him raised to sit on David's throne.
Paul/preached him raised for our justification.

Upvote 0

s0journ3r

Sep 7, 2006
Louisiana
✟15,645.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Republican
Oh dear sojo...read the entire post again.

Peter NEVER preached the death, burial and resurrection as the gospel of Israels salvation...NOT ONCE.

STOP, LOOK and LISTEN and change your mind!@

Oh dear eph3Nine .... read the entire chapter of 1 Corinthians 15 again.

Paul mentions the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in verses 3 & 4 and states in verse 11,
"this is what we preach."
STOP, LOOK, and LISTEN. And change your mind!

Yours truly in Christ,
sojourner

Upvote 0

biblebeliever123

Nov 9, 2005
✟8,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This is what we preach.... as eyewitnesses of the RESURRECTION.
context, context, context.

Peter preached Christ resurrected to sit on David's throne.
Paul preached Christ resurrected on the account of our justification.

1 Corinthians 14:38 But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

Upvote 0

s0journ3r

Sep 7, 2006
Louisiana
✟15,645.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Republican
This is what we preach.... as eyewitnesses of the RESURRECTION.
context, context, context.

Peter preached Christ resurrected to sit on David's throne.
Paul preached Christ resurrected on the account of our justification.

biblebeliever123, Paul includes the death & burial of Jesus Christ in the list along with the resurrection. But, you ignore those two aspects & single out the resurrection in order to save your hyper-dispensational hermeneutic. Where's the integrity in that?

Yours truly in Christ,
sojourner

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

biblebeliever123

Nov 9, 2005
✟8,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Paul did preach the good news of our salvation that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again for our justifcation. I have repeated the good news of the DEATH, BURIAL, AND RESURRECTION in practically every post i've made and you say I ignore it? Reading problem? Understanding what the word context means? Why adding that to the context of what 'we preach' of verse 11. The context begins in verse 5, WITNESSES OF THE RESURRECTION. They all PREACH the resurrection of which they were witnesses. Why would you ignore that context? Why would you ignore the comparison of scripture with scripture showing clearly why Peter preached the resurrection and Paul preached the resurrection? It's not the same.

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
2 Corinthians 4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Upvote 0

JMWHALEN

Nov 18, 2005
✟2,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Peter preaching "the good news"- a murder indictment against the Jews, all of Israel:

"Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:..." Acts 2:23

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ." Acts 2:36

"The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go. But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you; And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses." Acts 3:13-15

"Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole." Acts 4:10

"The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree." Acts 5:30

Yessireeee! This is the message we are to present to the lost today!

vs.

"But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness. But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God." 1 Cor. 1:23,24

"But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world." Gal. 6:14

In Christ,
John M. Whalen

Upvote 0

s0journ3r

Sep 7, 2006
Louisiana
✟15,645.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Republican
Paul did preach the good news of our salvation that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again for our justifcation.

According to 1 Corinthians 15:11, so did the other apostles.
"This is what we preach." (1 Cor. 15:11)
I have repeated the good news of the DEATH, BURIAL, AND RESURRECTION in practically every post i've made and you say I ignore it?

In the chapter, biblebeliever123. In the chapter. You know...the 15th chapter of 1 Corinthians? The chapter we've been talking about? You just mention the resurrection while ingnoring the fact that Paul also mentions the death & burial of Jesus Christ in the same exact chapter. You're the one ranting on and on about context, right? Well, practice what you preach, please.

Reading problem?

I should be asking you that question.

Understanding what the word context means?

Another question that I should be asking you. I can tell you what it doesn't mean. It doesn't mean ignoring specific words or phrases that you don't like while acknowledging the ones that you do for the sole means of proving an eisegetical point, as you have done.

Why adding that to the context of what 'we preach' of verse 11. The context begins in verse 5, WITNESSES OF THE RESURRECTION. They all PREACH the resurrection of which they were witnesses. Why would you ignore that context? Why would you ignore the comparison of scripture with scripture showing clearly why Peter preached the resurrection and Paul preached the resurrection? It's not the same.

Um, biblebeliever123, the context began in 1 Corinthians 1. The originals didn't have chapter divisions, understand? It was read as a whole letter. You should get that straight first before you try to come online & teach other people about context - got it? Also, you cannot have a resurrection without first having a death & a burial. Write that down so you won't forget it, ok? You conviently (although dishonestly) ignore the death & burial aspects of what the apostles preached according to 1 Cor. 15 because those aspects are detrimental to your hyper-dispensational hermeneutic. I'm not surprised that you did it, though.

Yours truly in Christ,
sojourner

Upvote 0

biblebeliever123

Nov 9, 2005
✟8,279.00
Faith
Non-Denom
1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
(I referring to Paul)

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
(I referring to Paul ...preached)

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
(I referring to Paul...delivierd....received)

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Now in verses following, the witnesses of the resurrection.

(WE refers to all the witnesses of the resurrection. THE "we" does not refer to verses 1,2,3,4.) Basic english.

Peter did not preach the resurrection for OUR JUSTIFICATION. If so where is it???

THe death, burial, and resurrection as the gospel of our salvation was given to Paul....we believe that good news and God saves us by grace through faith apart from works.

Peter preached repent and be baptized for the remission of sins....that was the kingdom gospel.

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Upvote 0

s0journ3r

Sep 7, 2006
Louisiana
✟15,645.00
Faith
Calvinist
Politics
US-Republican
(WE refers to all the witnesses of the resurrection. THE "we" does not refer to verses 1,2,3,4.) Basic english.

You cannot have a resurrection without a death & a burial. A basic use of common sense. Plus, as I stated before, you're ignoring the entire context. You do the very thing you accuse me of doing. How's that for irony? Paul doesn't mean just the resurrection. He includes the death, burial, and resurrection & he goes on to say that "this is what we preach." Now, if you want to limit "this is what we preach" soley to the preaching of the resurrection, then you would have to limit Paul's preaching to just the resurrection since Paul states that he preached the same thing as they. "This is what WE preach." Your "argument" proves too much.

Peter did not preach the resurrection for OUR JUSTIFICATION. If so where is it???

According to 1 Corinthians 15:11, Peter (and the rest of the apostles) all preached the same thing. If you want even more evidence, fine. I'll grant your request, but I doubt you're going to accept it. You're just going to find some other way to wiggle out of it. But, here it goes. According to Luke 24:46,47 it was necessary for...
"Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day"
so that...
"repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."
This is the gospel of remission of sins on the basis of Christ's death. This commission, along with the records in Matthew 28:19,20 and Mark 16:15, 16, is the one proclaimed by the Twelve. So when the Twelve, in the early part of Acts, were working under the commission recorded in the gospels, they were proclaiming salvation on the merits of Christ's death.

THe death, burial, and resurrection as the gospel of our salvation was given to Paul....we believe that good news and God saves us by grace through faith apart from works.

Salvation was never by works. No one will be in Heaven by their own merits. The same gospel was preached by the apostles. From Peter to Paul. Same gospel, different parties. There's only one gospel (Gal. 1). Any other isn't a gospel at all. So, that right there tells you that if Peter had "another gospel," it wasn't a gospel at all & Peter would be eternally condemned.

Peter preached repent and be baptized for the remission of sins....that was the kingdom gospel.

Amazingly, Paul preached the good news of the kingdom of God & baptized. See? Same exact gospel. (Acts 14:22, Acts 19:8, Acts 28:23, 31, Acts 16:33, Acts 18:8, Acts 19:5, 1 Cor. 1:16).

Yours truly in Christ,
sojourner

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.