Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't agree with Randy when it comes to drug addicts. I think all those people need help (and God) too because there is a reason they become like this. I am speaking from experience. Does Jesus want us to minister to some and not others?

"Many in the latter group are alcoholics or drug-addicts. They take advantage of public shelters and soup kitchens to save money for their addictions. Frequently they are the most cunning and aggressive panhandlers, while the willing-to-work are often too ashamed to ask for money, and not “good at it” when they do. The 15% whose adverse circumstances have put them on the streets are the subject of most of the media stories on “street people.” The sentiments this generates prompt further indiscriminate social services that often end up going to the wrong people, thus fueling the growing public cynicism about the poor that results in “throwing the baby out with the bathwater” (failing to help the truly poor because of resentment toward those who abuse the system)."

Reactions: Vambram

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have no issue with helping addicts; in fact I support such programs as drug courts; however they must be willing to meet you half way and want help.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have no issue with helping addicts; in fact I support such programs as drug courts; however they must be willing to meet you half way and want help.
If you've never been an addict it would be hard to understand. It's about ministering (planting a seed) to them also and I'll personally give them a couple of dollars knowing what they will do with it. People don't realize the daily suffering they go through because of their addiction. Most addicts deep down want to quit and don't know or cry out to God for help. Peace

Upvote 0