Helpful Information: Does God Change A Person?

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is a lot of helpful information below this initial post!

Does God Change A Person?

Hey you, just curious to know what you believe on this matter.
You are openly allowed freedom to express your views.

Does anyone here believe that God changes a person when they first initially start believing?

When a person says to themselves in their heart - 'I believe you exist God, or even adding to the effect Lord Jesus Christ, change me from the person who I dislike - maybe their heart has caused them in their life to be mean, abusive, greedy, hateful toward other humans, even their own family.

Is this enough to start the change in the heart, by the spirit?

When someone express this with-in themselves calling out to the highest power God, does God give them the spirit right then and there, even though the faith they have is in it's infancy?

Will they start to change by God himself?

Maybe even they go and look and read the bible, or they go and seek to find support and encouragement in their faith by the expression towards others and what they have claimed God has changed for them in their lives.

It is important for anyone capable if they so desire to have even more support for their faith would be to read the word of God, of course live by the spirit that God does give.

Is God capable of helping them, to change when they finally submit to a higher power than that of themselves?

What does God change in a person ultimately?

Is everything changed about them from their old ways, and bring forth new ways?

Are their details you can give to what changes? Hate? Greed? Lust? Lying? All of these towards others?

Is it love for God, and love for mankind?

Last edited:

Leah Daniels

Jun 23, 2020
Southlake
✟37,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There should be a change when a person first puts their faith in Him to be saved, because that is the purpose of being saved, a change of desires, which can only come from God, and is the reason He died on the cross for us, to change us. There should be a change. God can change anyone no matter what they have been like. He alone is the one who does it. You put your faith in Him to do it all for you, so He alone is glorified. You have to let Him define what is right and wrong, good and evil. Then you agree with Him and ask forgiveness and He heals you and leads you into what He calls obedience. Hate, greed, lust and lying are all things the Bible calls sin so yes He does deliver you from those things. All you have to do is ask and believe He will. God causes you to love Him and love others, He Himself said following Him is loving Him and loving others. But it has to be His definition of loving Him and loving others, not our personal reasoning. You will only truly love others if you let Him define what loving Him and loving others really means, and He is the one who has to really help you love Him and others.

• Useful
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A loud resounding, "YES!" Right after I was saved I "gave away" all of my music albums, and I had a LOT, cause the music was an integral part of the old lifestyle of getting high. I immediately curbed my tongue. It made me literally cringe and sick to hear the Lord's name taken in vain; something I had previously done regularly.These occurred just at the beginning but my whole has been a life of changing. Romans 12:1-2, Proverbs 3:5-6

Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hey you, just curious to know what you believe on this matter.
You are openly allowed freedom to express your views.

Does anyone here believe that God changes a person when they first initially start believing?

When a person says to themselves in their heart - 'I believe you exist God, or even adding to the effect Lord Jesus Christ, change me from the person who I dislike - maybe their heart has caused them in their life to be mean, abusive, greedy, hateful toward other humans, even their own family.

Is this enough to start the change in the heart, by the spirit?

When someone express this with-in themselves calling out to the highest power God, does God give them the spirit right then and there, even though the faith they have is in it's infancy?

Will they start to change by God himself?

Maybe even they go and look and read the bible, or they go and seek to find support and encouragement in their faith by the expression towards others and what they have claimed God has changed for them in their lives.

It is important for anyone capable if they so desire to have even more support for their faith would be to read the word of God, of course live by the spirit that God does give.

Is God capable of helping them, to change when they finally submit to a higher power than that of themselves?

What does God change in a person ultimately?

Is everything changed about them from their old ways, and bring forth new ways?

Are their details you can give to what changes? Hate? Greed? Lust? Lying? All of these towards others?

Is it love for God, and love for mankind?

Its impossible to be born again and not be changed.
Just by that happening, you've been changed.
Consider that an unbeliever is not the "temple of the Holy Spirit", so, there is another change.

The initial change is to be born again.
The evolving change is to be conformed into the image of Christ (likeness) over time.

And where is this evolution supposed to find its finish within us?
Its here..: "the fullness of the stature of Christ"....and that is supposed to occur on EARTH.
Paul talks about it again when he says this...>"as many as be PERFECT"..
So that is describing the fulfillment of the completed evolution regarding DISCIPLESHIP.
Paul describes it again this way....>"it is not I who live, but Christ who lives in me".

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,744.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
That depends on the soil. The Parable of the Sower mentioned four soils. But only one yielded a harvest. Belief on its own is not enough. It's the combination of faith and works that makes the difference. I've experienced a combination of instantaneous and gradual changes.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That depends on the soil. The Parable of the Sower mentioned four soils. But only one yielded a harvest. Belief on its own is not enough. It's the combination of faith and works that makes the difference. I've experienced a combination of instantaneous and gradual changes.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Are you saying that your faith and your working was the catalyst for your change?
Or are you saying that God changed you, because you had a mixture of faith that you implemented by works?
And if that is the case, are you saying that God can't change anyone Himself, by delivering them from some aspect of themselves, that only He can change?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,744.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are you saying that your faith and your working was the catalyst for your change?

Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure. —Philippians 2:12-13

But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. —James 2:18

But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil. —Hebrews 5:14

And if that is the case, are you saying that God can't change anyone Himself, by delivering them from some aspect of themselves, that only He can change?

I think its evident He doesn't remove everything. Otherwise, we'd have nothing to struggle against.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gods word uses several phrases, words, concepts, metaphors which describes what has takes place at salvation. So here are several off the top of my head. If I study it for a few minutes I'm sure I could come up with several more but these should give one a good idea of what has take place in the life of a believer at conversion.

Born again
Born from above
Born of the Spirit
The Spirit of Christ in you
the mind of Christ
the new man vs old man
the new birth
the second birth
spirit of God dwells in you
you are the temple of God
the spiritual man
new creation
new spirit within you
in Christ
new heart
new mind, renewed mind
spiritually minded vs carnally minded
child of God vs child of the devil
children of light vs children of darkness
walk in the spirit not after the flesh
the spirit of truth vs the spirit of error
light and salt
His bride
the church vs the world
fruit of the spirit vs deeds of the flesh
Love God, hate sin

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think its evident He doesn't remove everything. Otherwise, we'd have nothing to struggle against.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

There will always be plenty to struggle against, as long as there is Lust of the eye, The world, the Flesh, and the Devil.

God doesn't remove anything that is Like Christ, but He removes what isn't like Christ.
If He left it, when He could remove it, then we'd be able to say...>"God, its your fault i still sin".

and, lets look at your scriptures..

""""work out your own salvation with fear and trembling""""

The best way to see that verse is like this.....>"work out your salvation in awe and wonder", as that more specific to this word "fear"...... as "fear", in that verses context is "" wow, God is MIGHTY, and AMAZING".........Like that.
Also, notice that the verse does not say...>"work our your salvation to keep yourself saved"...or. ... "work out your salvation so that you dont end up in hell in the end"...
So this verse, is simply teaching....>"you have it, you already have Salvation.... now go and learn how to exist within its rules, as they are specific to the Kingdom of God".

"""I will show you my faith by my works""""

Thats an interesting verse, that most believers dont understand..
Here is where they miss it..
Notice James says...>"i will show YOU YOU YOU YOU< my WORKS">.
He does not say, He will show GOD, his works.
See that?
So, James is talking about providing evidence in front of the "YOU's"< who are the people, the other believers.
And the companion verse would be...>"by their FRUIT, you shall know them"..
And the way James is teaching this, is...>"when you show fruit, you prove your are not backslidden, or "dead faith"...(same thing.)

""""" constant practice to distinguish good from evil
.""""

mmmmm , that is a murky translation of that verse.
as, while it is true, its also true that you dont learn the Word of God by reading it, just like you dont learn how to be a good Christian by practice....per say.

WE learn the bible by "study", and we learn how to live as a perfected disciple, first and foremost by existing in correct understanding and by being empowered by the Power of Christ to live the perfected discipleship.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...​

I believe He can change, because Bible has the words of God and His words can cause change in person.

…as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God's children, to those who believe in his name: who were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
John 1:12-13

It is the spirit who gives life. The flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and are life.
John 6:63

…Don't marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born anew.'
John 3:3-7

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All very helpful post, may you all have a blessed week and a happy new year. Christmas time comes once a year, but the love of God is always available all times during the year.

How wonderful it is to have a God who cares, and loves us each and all different yet are needed here on this planet today as we live and breathe.

We might not reach everyone in our lifetime but we have the moments where we share and can help by the spirit inside of us to show love towards others.

Be blessed by the grace of God our Father, the gentleness,kindness,peace,mercy,joy, and love by the spirit that resides in us with faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Leah Daniels
Upvote 0