Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2004
✟133.00
Faith
Christian
I need to do an interview for my theology class, and since I know no one I could interview
The questions (pre-vatican questions)
"What who changes were the most significant to you regarding the celebration of Mass. Explain."

"What was the role of the pastor in your parish before Vatican
II? How was this role changed? Do you Feel that this has been beneficial for you parish? Why or why not"

"Other than the Mass, name two of your favorite pre-vatican II memories? What did these expericances mean to you?"

"If you could bring to the present age any aspect of Vatican II church what would it be and why?"

"Have the changes of Vatican II enhanced your relationship with God and the Church? Explain"

Overall do you like the difference between pre-vatican and Vantican II

and if you are going to help please state your name so i can have a name to place with an interview

Michelina

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2003
✟19,733.00
Faith
Catholic
I am typing the responses of my neighbor Eleanor Callasso, 73 yrs. old, verbatim.

Jesus_loves_me said:
"What changes were the most significant to you regarding the celebration of Mass. Explain."

The most significant things for me were the Mass being said in English and facing the people.

"What was the role of the pastor in your parish before Vatican II?

Before the council, things seemed much simpler for the pastor. He did everything with the help of a couple of sacristans.

How was this role changed?

Things have become a lot more complicated but the pastor has a lot of help now.

Do you Feel that this has been beneficial for you parish? Why or why not"

Yes I believe it has been very beneficial. Those who are involved in the parish seem to feel that there is more life in what we do.

"Other than the Mass, name two of your favorite pre-vatican II memories?

I loved benediction and vespers on Sunday afternoon.

What did these experiences mean to you?"

These were times of prayer which were very rewarding for me.

"If you could bring to the present age any aspect of Vatican II church what would it be and why?"

I would like to bring back the feeling of reverent awe that we had during Mass, benediction and whatever. That's completely gone.

"Have the changes of Vatican II enhanced your relationship with God and the Church? Explain"

I think a person's relationship with God depends on their prayerfulness and how much time they spend reading the Bible and other religious books. It's in the heart.

Overall do you like the difference between pre-vatican and Vatican II?

I do miss the old days a lot but I think things are better now for young people.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.