Toronto
✟8,306.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I became a born-again Christian when I was 18, I'm 24 now. My family is not Christian and I have a super broken family. My dad left when I was 14, this really affected my mom because she depended a lot on him. She has epilepsy and suffers with depression and also does not speak much English. She had a very difficult life as her mom died when she was very young and her dad and step mother abused her and her siblings. She never finished school and constantly goes through a lot of challenges. She has had horrible experiences with Christians. Her step mom became a Christian, my dad cheated on my mom with a "Christian" woman, she became friends with a christian woman but randomly stopped talking to her. My mom has such a big heart and always wants to help people but for some reason, friends always betray her, she has not been successful in dating, etc. I feel that she constantly goes through so much and I don't understand why!! Also, my sister (14 years old) is extremely rebellious, she smokes weed, skips school, and could careless about her family. She always says she hates us all and does not even show a little bit of compassion towards us and all the things we go through. I just feel like things keep happening at home, and sometimes I wonder if God is even listening to me? and I know He is! and I know that his timing is perfect, but I've been praying about this since I became a Christian! For depression to leave my home, I have seeked prayer, I have seeked helped from other Christian women (to be friends with my mom) but literally no one has even tried! and I know we should not depends on man because God never fails but how do the ladies at my church not care?!!?! Things are getting so hard, I have never lost faith, but I'm only human and I'm getting really stressed and really sad to see my home so broken :( I wanna see my family happy sooooooooo badly!! and I know only God can do it, my mom believes in God but does not believe that the church would help her :( Many churches have gone cold and I feel like no one is here to help :( I really do need A LOT of prayer! I'm so sad about my mother and my sister, I want them to find peace and to find God! Do you think that maybe my mom has a curse on her?!??! How is it possible that everything goes soooo wrong!!!

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I became a born-again Christian when I was 18, I'm 24 now. My family is not Christian and I have a super broken family. My dad left when I was 14, this really affected my mom because she depended a lot on him. She has epilepsy and suffers with depression and also does not speak much English. She had a very difficult life as her mom died when she was very young and her dad and step mother abused her and her siblings. She never finished school and constantly goes through a lot of challenges. She has had horrible experiences with Christians. Her step mom became a Christian, my dad cheated on my mom with a "Christian" woman, she became friends with a christian woman but randomly stopped talking to her. My mom has such a big heart and always wants to help people but for some reason, friends always betray her, she has not been successful in dating, etc. I feel that she constantly goes through so much and I don't understand why!! Also, my sister (14 years old) is extremely rebellious, she smokes weed, skips school, and could careless about her family. She always says she hates us all and does not even show a little bit of compassion towards us and all the things we go through. I just feel like things keep happening at home, and sometimes I wonder if God is even listening to me? and I know He is! and I know that his timing is perfect, but I've been praying about this since I became a Christian! For depression to leave my home, I have seeked prayer, I have seeked helped from other Christian women (to be friends with my mom) but literally no one has even tried! and I know we should not depends on man because God never fails but how do the ladies at my church not care?!!?! Things are getting so hard, I have never lost faith, but I'm only human and I'm getting really stressed and really sad to see my home so broken :( I wanna see my family happy sooooooooo badly!! and I know only God can do it, my mom believes in God but does not believe that the church would help her :( Many churches have gone cold and I feel like no one is here to help :( I really do need A LOT of prayer! I'm so sad about my mother and my sister, I want them to find peace and to find God! Do you think that maybe my mom has a curse on her?!??! How is it possible that everything goes soooo wrong!!!

:heart: Hello srla, welcome to CF. Praying for your mom, and sister, and all the family, and you too. (((hug)))

• Friendly
Reactions: Srla
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
She has had horrible experiences with Christians.
Hi Sria,
I am very sorry your mom and your family have experienced such difficulties. In a better world this would not have happened, but the present world and the present church are what we have for now.

The church, though definitely far from perfect, is not all bad either, and still is the Body and ambassador of Christ. Is there any church around you that faithfully preaches the Word and teaches in practical terms how to progress in Christ? Hearing how to apply the Word to your situation might make a big difference. Lacking that, there are online and printed resources. Of course, none of these is a substitute for a personal relationship with the Lord and personally feeding directly on His Word regularly.

I am often reminded that the best of human intentions can lead to disaster. It happens in my own life far too frequently. I don't like the pain involved with that, and it inevitably causes me to seek the Lord as to what went wrong. There is always an answer, but we do have to actively seek it, or we'll never find it.

I pray the Lord will give you and your family the insight and wisdom that you need to understand your situation and to know how to proceed to move forward out of it onto higher ground, for His glory's sake, because of His love for you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Srla
Upvote 0

messager777

Sep 19, 2017
south georgia
✟2,107.00
Country
South Georgia And The South Sandwich Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@ Srla,

First, make yourself happy before you can try to make your family happy.

Bear in mind that you cannot undo the sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking of your father and mother, and the consequences of sins, eg we have no power to release a convicted prisoner/criminal/offender, except the President or God/Jesus.(cf; 1JOHN.5:16-19, 1COR.11:30)

Upvote 0