• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

BeutifultoGod

Mar 5, 2016
USA
✟8,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you all know any personal donation websites I can use. Not like Gofundme. I had saw one yesterday and forgot the name of it. I need financial help with going to this counseling place in Texas. I cannot pay back the money because I am not making that much at my job. If you know any please reply.

This is the place I am trying to go to. http://www.wholeperson-counseling.org/ca/appointm.html

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are some counselors that operate on a sliding scale based off of your income. Have you searched for something like that?

I know here locally there is one that is based out of a church. They only charge $35 an hour and offer a very good service.

Upvote 0

BeutifultoGod

Mar 5, 2016
USA
✟8,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are some counselors that operate on a sliding scale based off of your income. Have you searched for something like that?

I know here locally there is one that is based out of a church. They only charge $35 an hour and offer a very good service.

I have tried places like that but it hasn't helped me. Plus my income is pretty low since I am work 8 hrs-15 hrs a week and sometimes I am working every other week. I have even tried regular therapy.

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have tried places like that but it hasn't helped me. Plus my income is pretty low since I am work 8 hrs-15 hrs a week and sometimes I am working every other week. I have even tried regular therapy.

What about free counseling from a Pastor?

I'm sorry I can't be more help. I don't know of anywhere that you can get donations.

Reactions: BeutifultoGod
Upvote 0

BeutifultoGod

Mar 5, 2016
USA
✟8,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What about free counseling from a Pastor?

I'm sorry I can't be more help. I don't know of anywhere that you can get donations.
'

It's okay John. Thank you for replying. My depression is really bad so I would need to take sometime of work and get some help. That's why I wanted to see if there was a website that could help. But you did enough. God Bless you

Upvote 0

Long Island Pilgrim

Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2016
NY
✟67,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you all know any personal donation websites I can use. Not like Gofundme. I had saw one yesterday and forgot the name of it. I need financial help with going to this counseling place in Texas. I cannot pay back the money because I am not making that much at my job. If you know any please reply.

This is the place I am trying to go to. http://www.wholeperson-counseling.org/ca/appointm.html

Hi BeautifultoGod.
In case you have difficulty acquiring the funding I can recommend an excellent Youtube channel where the therapist is quite good although he is secular so you should always defer to your Bible in areas where there is any discrepancy. But his videos are highly informative and seem to help a lot of people so perhaps you might scroll through them and see if any topics are ones you think might apply to you. He's very good at guiding his patients to self directed healing through his videos and he's also excellent at relationship related issues and at understanding trauma related disorders. All his videos are free. He also even has a free facebook support group for his clients, Hope that helps :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5weiD_1MALL7AE9OhOEAPw

Upvote 0

BeutifultoGod

Mar 5, 2016
USA
✟8,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi BeautifultoGod.
In case you have difficulty acquiring the funding I can recommend an excellent Youtube channel where the therapist is quite good although he is secular so you should always defer to your Bible in areas where there is any discrepancy. But his videos are highly informative and seem to help a lot of people so perhaps you might scroll through them and see if any topics are ones you think might apply to you. He's very good at guiding his patients to self directed healing through is videos and he's also excellent at relationship related issues and at understanding trauma related disorders. All his videos are free. He also even has a free facebook support group for his clients, Hope that helps :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5weiD_1MALL7AE9OhOEAPw

Thank you so much for this video. I will look at it. :)

Upvote 0

Long Island Pilgrim

Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2016
NY
✟67,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your welcome. But I really want to caution you again about therapists in general. Even wonderful Christian therapists can stray from the Bible. Sometimes therapists can really describe a problem perfectly but they don't offer the right solution as I have sometimes found to be true in the case of that therapist I recommended to you along with every other therapist. The Bible says that our problems usually arise from Sin issues and things like pride. So while it may be helpful to hear a therapist pinpoint our problems correctly, they don't always have the right solution. So you should always take your problems to God in prayer and ask him for guidance. And he will guide you. Be very careful listening to any therapists....even good ones. I would rather recommend a great website for Christians which completely dismantles many of the lies of modern Psychology. All their books and materials are free and they are more helpful than any therapist because they are very Biblically sound. Here's the website. http://www.psychoheresy-aware.org/mainpage.html
God Bless!

• Agree
Upvote 0

BeutifultoGod

Mar 5, 2016
USA
✟8,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your welcome. But I really want to caution you again about therapists in general. Even wonderful Christian therapists can stray from the Bible. Sometimes therapists can really describe a problem perfectly but they don't offer the right solution as I have sometimes found to be true in the case of that therapist I recommended to you along with every other therapist. The Bible says that our problems usually arise from Sin issues and things like pride. So while it may be helpful to hear a therapist pinpoint our problems correctly, they don't always have the right solution. So you should always take your problems to God in prayer and ask him for guidance. And he will guide you. Be very careful listening to any therapists....even good ones. I would rather recommend a great website for Christians which completely dismantles many of the lies of modern Psychology. All their books and materials are free and they are more helpful than any therapist because they are very Biblically sound. Here's the website. PsychoHeresy Awareness Ministries: Christian Study Materials
God Bless!

Sorry for replying late. But I do agree with what you are saying. I have tried a therapist but it was really no help for me. There is one Christian therapist I have found he help people's spirit, soul and body.

This is what he focuses on:

"Whole Person Counseling is true counseling that is treatment for the whole person (spirit, soul, & body). Basil Frasure, Ph.D., does individual, marriage, and family counseling. Whole Person Counseling is often effective even when other types of counseling have failed. Basil Frasure counsels in the areas of social relations, mental and emotional health, physical health, spiritual life, and financial freedom.

Some more specific areas of counseling include: (1) depression, (2) addictive and compulsive behaviors, (3) attention deficits disorders, (3) fears, anxieties and phobias, (4) personality disorders, (5) moral failures, (6) abuse cases, (7) generational curses, (8) spiritual bondages, (9) social conflicts, (10) various physical ailments, (11) emotional hurts, (12) financial failures.Some areas of specialty are:(1) establishing identity, (2) tearing down spiritual strongholds, (3) spiritual deliverance, (4) the healing of emotional wounds, (5) breaking generational curses, (6) walking in grace, (7) bringing peace of mind, (8) entering spiritual warfare, (9) walking in wisdom, and (10) training others to minister.
Effectiveness of Counseling: (1) The effectiveness is based upon the truth found in Scripture and the Person who stands behind that truth, God. (2) The effectiveness is based upon the fact that Basil Frasure, Ph.D. is not only a Christian, but that he does counseling from a Christian perspective. He is a Christian Counselor that does Christian Counseling. (3) The effectiveness is also based upon the anointing of the Holy Spirit. The anointing breaks the yoke. Also see: Effective Counseling"

Whole Person Counseling Scroll

The Open Door

I have heard people have been healed from there and walked in freedom. My only issue is getting there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BeutifultoGod

Mar 5, 2016
USA
✟8,495.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's one called Kickstarter, but that's for carrying out a specific project, so I don't think it would help you get money for counseling. I know of lots of Christians who use Go Fund Me - mostly for mission trips. But one guy I saw is also using it for financing publishing research in biblical studies (Click here to support Biblical & Early Christian Studies by T.B. Sailors). But that's still different from what you're looking for. Wish I could help more!

Thank you StudentoftheBible.

Upvote 0