Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have read excerpts from it in the past, but I have not read it cover to cover.

Your turn....

Does Tolle proclaim that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that the only way to the Father is through Jesus Christ? Yes or No.

Does Tolle proclaim that we are all sinners, doomed to eternal death without repenting of our sins, asking God to forgive us, and accepting the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ? Yes or No.

John

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Ah, opinion born of utter ignorance. Now I see.

>>Does Tolle proclaim that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that the only way to the Father is through Jesus Christ? Yes or No.

It's not a religious book, it's self help book! Get a clue! Does the newspaper proclaim these things? NOOOOO! Is it therefore the spawn of Satan?

This is exactly what's wrong with Christianity today. It's ignorant and makes claims based on utter ignorance, just like you.

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Michael,

Please don't insult me or my intelligence. If something looks like dog do-do and smells like dog do-do, one doesn't have to taste it to know it's dog do-do.

You're argument is weak. Either that, or you really think you need to read every word of any book to know what the gist of it is.

And, by the way, people come to this particular forum for a Christian perspective on things. This is not some generalized self-help discussion group. And that is why people like you are in the wrong place.

John

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
You've proven my point perfectly Bear. You've taken someone elses viewpoints about it, and have never yourself read the book. I have, cover to cover and then some. It's not a religious book, it's a spiritual book. It doesn't pick a religion, it only talks about being in the moment, and explains where religious ideas of all flavors have parallels such as the quote I posted from Jesus earlier in this thread. It is not a religious book. Let me repeat that. It is not a religious book. Neither is the newspaper. You would not condemn me for suggesting she read the newspaper, and I see no logical reason to condemn me for suggesting she read a spiritual book with no partical religious slant.

That's the problem here. None of you have read the book. You compare me to new age, a concept that has nothing to do with me, compare me to satan, etc all from pure ignorance.

If I sound a little hostile to you, it's probably because you've all acted like a pack of wolves and attacking me for trying to help somoene, and you *ALL* know NOTHING about what you are saying.

Upvote 0

ZoneChaos

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2002
Kansas City, MO
Visit site
✟15,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Future Soldier. I sincerely hope you have gotten some advice out of this that youn could use. If you need anything else, question, or just to chat, let me know I will be there fro you.

I am sorry, but I must close your thrread however. It was nothing you did, but rather the banter going on between a few others that managed to get in your thread,. Again, I am sorry that I must close this.

To Solo and Michael. Solo.. I am going to defend Michael (very rare that I ever do) and say that Michael, though holding differetn views about christianity than we do, is not here as a purposeful deterratn to Christianity. IF you want, send me an e-mail and I will tell you what I know of him.

Michael, While I do not think I am soprry that you recieved such a negative post. BUt please also be aware that your views are not widely considered as mainstream by Christiasn on this board. And, as like on the KT, this forum is for Christiasn shepherding, prayer, advice, etc.. I know you were trying to help in what you thiought was teh best way, however from the board wide *staff) point of view, we cannot allow a person with such varying views the chance to advise people in this foprum, if that advice, we feel, may be opposed to our own.

Like on the KT, this forum is geard and meant for like minded Christiasn like ourselves.

I don't mean that to sound harsh, or negative to you or your views. BUt is is our beleif that letting other who are not like minded, in this area, come in and offer opposing or semi-opposed doctrine is harmful to our ministry.

I hope you understand.

Robert

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.