Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What about the Word of God still being spoken by the Holy Spirit?
What about it? Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. We are to test the Spirits to see if they are from God or not. According to the scripture the written Word of God is the test to know if someone is from God or not.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Right at that point we are back to square one...

Faith comes from hearing the Word of Christ. (check out the greek)

This is the Eternal breathed Word - not the Scripture (although it MAY be communicated that way.

Why would that be? All scriptures is God breathed - 2 Timothy 3:16

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course but the point I am raising is that without the Holy Spirit giving understanding to the reader the Scriptures cannot be understood.

I am also trying to explain that the Eternal Word of God pre-existed the Scripture and still enables all life today.

Further to this, every true believer is indwelled by the Eternal Holy Spirit of God who enables understanding of the Scripture.

Lastly I am trying to explain that the Scripture without the Holy Spirit assisting understanding, is a dangerous tool in the hands of cult leaders, in fact Satan used Scripture without the Spirit of God as a favoured weapon to tempt Jesus.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Of course but the point I am raising is that without the Holy Spirit giving understanding to the reader the Scriptures cannot be understood.

I am also trying to explain that the Eternal Word of God pre-existed the Scripture and still enables all life today.

Further to this, every true believer is indwelled by the Eternal Holy Spirit of God who enables understanding of the Scripture.

Lastly I am trying to explain that the Scripture without the Holy Spirit assisting understanding, is a dangerous tool in the hands of cult leaders, in fact Satan used Scripture without the Spirit of God as a favoured weapon to tempt Jesus.
Who said we can know God's Word without Gods Spirit? I have stated from the beginning and provided scripture showing that God's Spirit works through the Word of God not in contradiction to it as it is the Spirit of the Word of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GenysysGreen

Jan 29, 2021
Warrenton
✟15,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Separated
Gal 4:

You observe days and months and seasons and years.

11 I fear for you, that perhaps I have labored over you in vain.

What was Paul referring to, and are we still in danger of doing this today?

He was talking about them observing Old Testament feasts and new moons, etc. These things were under the law and Paul was saying he was worried about them for doing these things bc when they put themselves under the law they betray the Gospel.

• Friendly
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So do you agree with my last post or not?
I was stating that I do not know why you posted it to be honest Carl as I stated from the beginning that we cannot know Gods Word unless we have God's Spirit. *John 14:26; John 16:13 etc..

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
He was talking about them observing Old Testament feasts and new moons, etc. These things were under the law and Paul was saying he was worried about them for doing these things bc when they put themselves under the law they betray the Gospel.
Nice to meet you and welcome to CF GenysysG. :). That would be impossible that Gentile Christians are returning to the Mosaic laws as they were not Jews. They were gentile Christians returning to things that they did before they knew God (see Galatians 4:8-10)

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was stating that I do not know why you posted it to be honest Carl as I stated from the beginning that we cannot know Gods Word unless we have God's Spirit. *John 14:26; John 16:13 etc..

Well the difficulty was the loose usage of the term 'Gods Word'.

It is one thing to use that term when referring to the Scriptures.

It is a different matter when we are referring to the Eternal Breathed Word of God that established and maintains creation, speaks to believers internally and opens up understanding of the Scriptures to the reader.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well the difficulty was the loose usage of the term 'Gods Word'.

It is one thing to use that term when referring to the Scriptures.

It is a different matter when we are referring to the Eternal Breathed Word of God that established and maintains creation, speaks to believers internally and opens up understanding of the Scriptures to the reader.

Actually that is not true. Look up the Greek of "inspired by God" in regards to the scriptures in 2 Timothy 3:16 - God's word according to the scriptures are "eternal" (Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 24:35; 1 Peter 1:25) and "God breathed" *2 Timothy 3:16

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,460.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are doing it again...

Last try and I will leave it for the readers to decide...

Yes the Scriptures are God Breathed. They are a written and are an inerrant record of Truth. But they have not eternally existed.

Whereas The WORD OF GOD i.e. JESUS is eternal. He alone maintains the created order and speaks to the heart of man by the Holy Spirit.

Without Him the Bible cannot be understood.

The Bible without Jesus giving understanding is potentially dangerous.

Satan using Scripture to tempt Jesus is a perfect example of this.

Cult leaders have deceived many using the Bible.

To avoid confusion many use a small w when referring to the Bible as the 'word of God'.

The big W 'Word of God' is Jesus. He is the living Word.

I will leave it there but invite other folks to comment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gal 4:

You observe days and months and seasons and years.

11 I fear for you, that perhaps I have labored over you in vain.

What was Paul referring to, and are we still in danger of doing this today?

The Jewish converts to Christianity were telling the gentile Galatians and the Romans they now had to keep all the Jewish sabbath feasts of the Mosaic ceremonial law. Paul responded, that these ceremonial sabbath holidays were shadows that pointed to Jesus and ended at the cross. Jesus is the Substance that the ceremonial shadows all pointed to. So, it doesn’t make sense to worship a shadow when the real thing is there.

Upvote 0