Status
Not open for further replies.

The Virginian

Sep 15, 2004
✟16,393.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
ExOrienteLux said:
Thanks so very much for all your help. I still need to hunt down a decent website and scholarly journal article, but since this is a working bibliography, I'm not too concerned.

Did anyone know that there's such a thing as the Coptic Encyclopedia? Because I sure didn't, even though I'm going to use it as one of my working sources. Should be interesting...

At this very time there's on the www.monachos.net site a discussion thread Communing Non-Chalcedonians. Besides this there is also an area -a rather large one- devoted to a more detailed coverage of this topic, with some scholarly papers presented.

"...study to show thyself approved, a workman
rightly dividing the Word of Truth."

Upvote 0

Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
ExOrienteLux said:
*bump*

I meant to post this when I finished the paper, but I'll post it now. The paper's done, and if anyone wants to read it I can either email or PM it to you. I thought I didn't do too bad of a job, considering that it was a historical paper and not a polemical or apologetical one, though I did work some of those in.

XPICTOC BOCKPECE!
-Philip.

I would like to read it. Perhaps you could pm it to me, or pm me and I will give you an email address.

Judging from some remarks you posted before, it sounds like you did a thorough job.

I trust doing the research was an eye-opening experience?

Upvote 0

ExOrienteLux

The thread killer
Jul 30, 2004
✟9,795.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Philip,

Can you PM or e-mail it to me?

In IC XC,
Marjorie

Sure thing, Marina.

I would like to read it. Perhaps you could pm it to me, or pm me and I will give you an email address.

Judging from some remarks you posted before, it sounds like you did a thorough job.

I trust doing the research was an eye-opening experience?

I'll get it to you, and yes, it certainly was an eye-opening experience. I never quite knew what went on at that Council and what all the fuss was about, but I found out very quickly. My paper ended up being a survey of the events surrounding Ephesus and Chalcedon, from Nestorius' rise to power to the Monophysite schism and the Henoticon.

I just want everyone to know that I am greatly endebted to Arbp. PETER for his book on the first four Councils.

XPICTOC BOCKPECE!
-Philip.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.