Help we are in danger and we need prayer from the saints

Dear Saints--I really need you guys to pray for me and others who are in danger---- everyday!!!! Pray that the churches will glorify your name. I am greatly persecuted for Christ's sake. Pray that we will continue to advance God's Kingdom, pray that we will continue to pray, pray that we fully be healed by God's grace, pray that we continue to tell the truth in everything, pray that will continue to tell the Gospel of God's grace amongst the saints. Pray for those who are praying for my for they are in danger. Pray for protection, deliverance, and for our heart's desire for us. May peace be with you my beloved brethren.
Thank you so much and have a blessed day.
Liz

For it is written: My house shall be a House of Prayer

NEHEMY

FIGHTER IN THE MAKING
Jul 19, 2003
Visit site
✟157.00
Faith
Christian
Ok, I don't wanna sound rude or anything but Liz are you for real? Desi and Midge read Liz's post again to the very last DETAIL. Am I the only one that thinks that she's playing a sick joke?

"Dear Saints--I really need you guys to pray for me and others who are in danger---- everyday!!!!"

First of all, we're NOT saints. How are you in danger everyday? Can you be a little bit more specific?... If this isn't a stupid joke.

"Pray that the churches will glorify your name. I am greatly persecuted for Christ's sake."

Glorify MY name? No, glorify God's name and His son. And how are you GREATLY persecuted unless you're in an ungodly country trying to preach the Word of God and your life is threatened.

"Thank you so much and have a blessed day."

Riiiight. I'm very skeptical with your post Liz. I clicked on your profile and there is zero information. I think you're a troll. Now, if I'm wrong, I'll apologize. Your post is similiar to a passage in the Bible by a follower of God that wrote a letter to someone before he was put to death. Now, I don't remember his name or who he wrote it to but It sounds similiar to what he said, which is why I think you're playing a very sick joke.

If this is a joke... shame on you!!! :mad: If it's not, I'll humbly apologize.

Upvote 0

God_follower

God Follower all the way
Jul 29, 2003
Huntsville, Al
Visit site
✟1,057.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
... ouch.. thast a little bit harsh there. lets start at the beginning... Yes we are saints of God if u think about it... maybe not like catholic saints but when we are saved we are annointed into the royal preisthood and what are priests anyways? (they are saints). I'm guessing that the person who wrote it either mistyped or started praying right there in the post. Ok, moving on. So what if she isnt being as detailed as you personaly would like.. sorry to hear that, but thats how it is sometimes.. an example (someone walks into a church and asks the pastor to pray for him because its been a bad day... the pastor turns to the man with a very angry look in his eyes and says something like "YOU DARE COME BEFORE ME, A SERVENT OF GOD, WITHOUT DETAILS!? Who do u think u are?!) just doesnt work. shakespeare even said brevity is the soul of wit. And if we pray for someone, God knows their hearts and its not up to you to decide whether they are playing a joke or not, you have the choice of either pray for them or dont. Coming with the attitude of "attack first, appologize if your wrong" isnt gonna help anybody. sorry to say its just kinda mean :p. well moving on. Yeah ppl can be persecuted and if u are witnessing in a bad neiborhood then yeah its pretty dangerous. Why so skeptical? Well I'll raise it to God and I'll let Him sort it all out, only thing to do. :prayer:

:) God bless

Upvote 0

NEHEMY

FIGHTER IN THE MAKING
Jul 19, 2003
Visit site
✟157.00
Faith
Christian
God_follower

I didn't mean to make my post sound too harsh but I was simply voicing my opinion on this person's post. To me, saints are PERFECT servants of God. There are many pastors, priests, bishops, etc that don't fall under this definition and therefore they are not saints. (To me anyway.) Personally, I believe you become a saint when you reach heaven. I'm not perfect, therefore I'm not a saint. I know that details are not required for a prayer request and I know that there are people who are persecuted for God's name. (God bless them!) I just have a gut feeling about this post that's all. But like you said if you want to pray for this girl, do, and if you don't, don't.

Haha, you don't have to apologize that my post sounded kind of mean. I do want to point out though that just because we're Christians, doesn't mean that we have to smile and hug everyone to be "nice." Granted, we should be friendly but God also wants us to have a backbone too. People will use you if you are TOO friendly. I don't think my post was rude... I was just honest (which is a Christian thing to do)...and I did say that if I'm wrong I'll apologize.

God bless you too. :|

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Saints are not perfect ones. Perfect means without blemish. Upon salvation, we all become saints. Saints are those that are made holy unto the Lord by God.

Ephesians 4:11-12 -- "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:"

Perfection means completion. i.e., as we are taught spiritual things by God's appointed, we become more and more complete like Christ as we mature.

Upvote 0

TheOriginalWhitehorse

Sep 1, 2003
Visit site
✟18,532.00
Faith
Calvinist
NEHEMY said:
God_follower

I didn't mean to make my post sound too harsh but I was simply voicing my opinion on this person's post. To me, saints are PERFECT servants of God. There are many pastors, priests, bishops, etc that don't fall under this definition and therefore they are not saints. (To me anyway.) Personally, I believe you become a saint when you reach heaven. I'm not perfect, therefore I'm not a saint. I know that details are not required for a prayer request and I know that there are people who are persecuted for God's name. (God bless them!) I just have a gut feeling about this post that's all. But like you said if you want to pray for this girl, do, and if you don't, don't.

Haha, you don't have to apologize that my post sounded kind of mean. I do want to point out though that just because we're Christians, doesn't mean that we have to smile and hug everyone to be "nice." Granted, we should be friendly but God also wants us to have a backbone too. People will use you if you are TOO friendly. I don't think my post was rude... I was just honest (which is a Christian thing to do)...and I did say that if I'm wrong I'll apologize.

God bless you too. :|
I know of some missoinaries that were abducted in the middle east. We had a missionary at my church killed.

Upvote 0

Quiet Storm

Back in Shepherd's arms
Aug 19, 2002
Howard University
Visit site
✟1,269.00
Faith
Christian
Hmmmm.....last time I checked, the only perfect person who walked the earth was Jesus. Peter (the "rock" of the church) denied Christ, so......:) Don't mean to diminish your beliefs, but just make sure that you're not just looking for something to condemn, that's all. I mean for someone who's being persecuted for the name of Christ and asking for our daily prayers to be accused of being a "sick joker"........wow. If that's the case, then how sick was Paul?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

desi

Aug 20, 2003
La Vista
✟4,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
martinluther2003 said:
isn't every morman a saint?
They claim to be latter day saints.