• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

JesusIsLord_

Oct 31, 2017
✟19,210.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please help. I feel like i am fighting with a demon

I do believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord but i feel like i am lying to God or to myself, because what if? I say i don't reject Him but what if i did? What if do? I don't know my heart, I can't know what does it believe. What if i am faking, lying to God so i will be saved? I know i believe but what if?

Please guys pray for me. I don't want to reject God but what if i do? I don't want to. But my brain or this demon or whatever keeps pushing me to it, sometimes i almost believe that i really do want to give up and reject Him. I DON'T. Please i just want this to stop

Every time my brain or whatever shouts "Do you believe? Do you really believe?" I say i do but every time i am so afraid the answer is going to be no.

God has been helping me a lot. When this started, i couldn't believe at all even though i wanted to. God gave me faith.

Now i have two moods: or i am worrying about believing, or i am worried about not being worried.

When God grants me good days i worry about not taking this seriously enough. When i have bad days, it's all day "what if you are rejecting Him?"

Why am i so ungrateful? God has helped me why can't i just stop worrying? When i worry i feel like i am rejecting Him by not trusting Him enough. But i can't stop worrying. Please i don't want to reject Him nor His Holy Son nor His Holy Spirit. Please please pray for me please

I don't want to give up. Please pray for me

Last edited:

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God didn't give you a spirit of fear, but of peace, love and a sound mind.

I know where you're coming from. I once was in the exact same spot. Really the only thing you can do is realize that you yourself don't even have the power to believe. That's not for you to do. God gave you faith. It is a gift that God gives as He sees fit. You're trying to increase and solidify your faith, but this is something that God, and God alone can do.

All you need to do, is pray. Pray that He leads you into all truth, that He doesn't let you go, that He blesses you with mental peace and serenity with the knowledge that you're resting firmly in His hands.

Ask God to show you what sin you're living in that you're not aware of, and for the strength to remove it. Ask for the faith to get through it, and relax. You'll be alright, He won't let you go.

Literally the fact that you're worried, means you're saved. If you weren't saved, you wouldn't have that worry, because you wouldn't care. Pray that He delivers you from this trial, and that you have the patience, and the will to be able to go with it and make it out on the other side, and you'll be alright.

May He bless you.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Grace is so much different than law. Under law, if you blow it, you fear punishment. The natural consequence is that you always go around wondering whether you broke the law and are going to be punished. Everything depends on your performance, and you never know if you're good enough.

But grace gives the forgiveness up-front. It takes away the condemnation and the fear. Jesus says, Come to Me and I will give you rest, because I am meek and lowly, and My yoke is easy (Mt 11.28-ff).

This is like the struggle Paul has in the last part of Romans 7. He can't do what he wants to do. He ends up miserable. But in chapter 8 he discovers grace. Instead of the condemnation he expected, he finds grace lifting him up out of the pit.

Jesus holds our hand until we are strong enough to walk by ourselves. That's the way a good parent teaches a child. He doesn't lay impossible burdens on him and expect him to perform to perfection. Jesus came to give abundant life, not to condemn.

The more you understand your exalted position in Christ, the more you can rest in Him, no longer under the control of the cruel taskmaster, the law.

For sin will not have dominion over you, because you are not under law but under grace. -Rom 6:14

For God achieved what the law could not do because it was weakened through the flesh. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and concerning sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, -Rom 8:3

that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not reckoning their trespasses against them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. -2Cor 5:19

For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. -1John 3:20​

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I give thanks for this beautiful truth every day. Here it is in plain text:

Romans 8:38-39 (ESV)
38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

JesusIsLord_

Oct 31, 2017
✟19,210.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I give thanks for this beautiful truth every day. Here it is in plain text:

Romans 8:38-39 (ESV)
38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

But im so afraid i will end up reject Him or giving up. I don't want to give up.

• Optimistic
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status