Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
So a bit of back story. Myself and my girlfriend have been going out for 9 years now. We are at that age when children are an issue and we had a long talk about that. We both agreed on the name of our future daughter and son. :) However....

We were talking later and she insisted that we bring up our children with the Copenhagen Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics. I obviously said no..... and then we got into a big fight. There is no way, that I, as a Many Worlds man is going to raise my kids with the Copenhagen Interpretation.

So now I am kicked out of the apartment.

What should I do? I was thinking to go to the local university and find a physicist. Maybe they could help reconcile our differences. I truly love her and I am confused why this would break us apart.

What should I do?

[Edit: We both agree on the mathematical structure of QM, should I focus on that?]

Last edited:
Reactions: TheReasoner

Tielec

Organisational Psychologist
Feb 26, 2010
Perth
✟15,442.00
Faith
Atheist
Unfortunately a many worlds outlook on life doesn't explain;
1) Why humans feel love
2) Objective morality
3) Pineapples
4) Construct validity invariance after repeated cognitive ability tests

It would be unfair on a child to bring them up in such a fractured household. Imagine the awkward questions after your weekly physics sermons, when the cheif physicist made decrees about many worlds dogma! The child wouldn't know what they must believe to make you love them.

Furthermore think of the scandal, we fought a long hard war to keep those copenhagenists down, they stand for everything we hate, plus I heard them call your mum a dork.

Fie, you irresponsible scallywag, find a good many worlds girl and don't deal with those damned dirty copenhagenists.

Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟18,679.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
I really don't know if you can do anything about it, man. It's all on your woman, being a Copenhagen person. According to Heisenberg 2:14, a Copenhagist is not allowed to "make a measurement that unequally yolks them to an unbeliever."

But don't worry. If it doesn't work out for you, at least it'll work out for a different-world's version of you. But it still hurts, I know.

Upvote 0

Maxwell511

Contributor
Jun 12, 2005
Utah County
✟16,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Or: Send her a dead cat.

:thumbsup:

Good advice. But how do I make sure the cat is dead when she observes it?

If she opens the box and its alive, I will look sort of stupid.

Should I send two cats in the post and open mine before her?

Upvote 0

Hespera

Dec 16, 2008
usa
✟8,850.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Good advice. But how do I make sure the cat is dead when she observes it?

If she opens the box and its alive, I will look sort of stupid.

Should I send two cats in the post and open mine before her?

Drop the cat(s), and note whether you observe the characteristic "dead cat bounce".

Upvote 0

Maxwell511

Contributor
Jun 12, 2005
Utah County
✟16,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I can see this may be a potential barrier between you, but I wouldn't want to interfere.

There is always the probability I could tunnel through the barrier (if it is of a given finite potential)? Into her heart again. Right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SithDoughnut

The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This thread is an excellent example of how such things as the Epic of Gilgamesh got written.

It's fun to parody Truth, isn't it?

What are you talking about? This thread is about relationship advice.

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
This thread is an excellent example of how such things as the Epic of Gilgamesh got written.

Why are you mocking the seriousness of this poor man's predicament?

How would they be able to raise children when his wife is sure that only one possibility can result from any of their specific decisions when collapsing a function whereas he believes that every outcome occurs. The fate of their children and their possible multiverse alternates is at stake here!

Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟18,679.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged

Dude, the guy comes here looking for relationship advice and you want to make fun of him? Harsh.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Its all pointless when its obvious Time Cube describes everying about everything, it says so on its website so how can it not be true?
If it contradicts the Bible?

Upvote 0

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Like the Promised Land belonging to Israel because: God said it -- that settles it?

Well, God didn't say it. And he certainly didn't say anything about the truth of the Time Cube and the hypnotoad. Neither of which are of any help to the poor OP. Do you have any words of support for him and his wife?

Upvote 0