✟4,427.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Help me get 1000 posts

Help me get 1000 posts by the end of the week. The 1000th poster will get 100 rep points. Good luck:hug:

===========

The above was the original post on 6th December 2004, 01:04 PM by draconus71.

On 10th December 2004, 08:20 PM pro_odeh posted the 1000 posts within the allotted time. I'm not sure if pro_odeh has received the 100 rep points. Anyone know?

I'm pretty new here and I thought this board was supposed to be for blessings? How do you get 100 rep points? Thanks for any help.

Reactions: pro_odeh
Upvote 0

pro_odeh

-=Disciple of Jesus Christ=-
Nov 18, 2004
✟27,458.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Actually I don't think I ever got the rep points, as far as I can remember. But that doesn't matter... I didn't post here for the reps, but to help that person.
I gave you some-houndred rep points ;)

Maybe this wil answer your question:
What is reputation?Its a system under which your posts can be rated by other fellow members. At any time you have a certain amount of reputation, which determins reputation status.

What are the possible reputation statuses?

Here's a listing (number of reputation required is on the left). Of course, this is all subject to change at any time.
-999999 User is infamous around these parts
-50 User can only hope to improve
-10 User has a little shameless behaviour in the past
0 User is an unknown quantity at this point
10 User is on a distinguished road
50 User will become famous soon enough
150 User has a spectacular aura about
250 User is a jewel in the rough
350 User is just really nice
450 User is a glorious beacon of light
550 User is a name known to all
650 User is a splendid one to behold
1000 User has much to be proud of
1500 User has a brilliant future
2000 User has a reputation beyond repute

How does one increase reputation? (You cannot decrease a reputation/give a member a negative reputation)

Next to each post there is a "rate" button
reputation.gif
. You can click on it and rate a post. When you approve a certain number of reputation will be altered in the user's rep who made the post. You can also leave a comment to explain your rating - the user will be able to see your comment and your name - reputation, unlike blessings, are not anonymous. Finally any scheme of "you rate me good, I'll do the same for you", will result in a long ban without warning.

How is the number of points that is given by a rating (= reputation altering power) determined?

Whenever someone gives a rating, they go through a series of checks to determine "reputation altering power". The total of these checks is how much reputation is altered or added.

Default Reputation for new members is 10.

For every 365 number of days, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

For every 1000 number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

For every 1000 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

A user must have 100 posts before his reputation hits count on others.

A user must have 1000 reputation points before his reputation hits count on others.

A user can give 10 reputation clicks over each 24 hour period.

A user must give reputation to 20 different users before hitting the same person again.

Here would be an example: Lets say you have 3000 posts, have been registered for just over a year and have a reputation of 1000.

3000 Posts: 3 Points
365+ Days: 1 Point
Rep of 1000: 1 point

In this example, when you click this icon in someone's post, you can increase that person's reputation 5 points. You may only do this 10 times per 24-hour period and have to hit 20 users before you can hit the first person again.

Please note: You can still rep another member, even if your post count is under 100 or your own reputation points under 1000. Each time you rep someone, you have the option to leave a short message. A member will know that you have repped him or her - it just means his or her reputation points will be not be increased (when you have not yet enough reputation alterating power).

How to check how many reputations you gave out:

Go to your User CP. At the bottom you will see a grey bar with the title "Reputation Click Tracker". If you see on the left side of this grey bar a "plus" sign, click on it. You will see a message telling you how many reputation you gave out and how many you can still give during the 24 hour time period. Example: In the last 24 hours, you have given reputation to 5 posters. You can give reputation to 5 more posters today.

How to view who gave you reps:

In your User CP - under the "Reputation Click Tracker" you can see "Latest Reputation Received". If you see a plus sign in the grey bar, click on it and it will display the list with four columns:
On the very left (under Thread) you can see in which thread you got repped. Click on the name and it will show for which post you received the reps.
Next is Date on which you were repped. The third column (posted by) tells you the name of the user who repped you.
And on the very right you can see the comment the user send you. If you don't see a comment than the user did not send any comments along with the reps.

Please note:
When you receive a reputation but you notice the color field is grey instead of green, it does NOT mean that you got negative reputation. It simply means the member who repped you did not have enough reputation altering power.

When you receive a reputation but notice that your reputation point have not increased, it is not a bug in the reputation system. You were repped by a member who has not yet reputation altering power.

If you do not want to receive reputation points from other members, you have the option to turn this feature off:

Click on the tab "UserCP" in the upper blue menue bar.
Click "Edit Options" (under "Login & Privacy) on the left hand side in your control panel.
Uncheck "Show my Reputation Level"
Click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page.

Upvote 0

McDLT

Apr 12, 2005
Canada
Visit site
✟4,427.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I've read that before. The thing that confuses me is that I don't see a spot where I can give a number of rep points? I sent you some reputation (you're very helpful) but have no idea how much I sent.

I guess maybe this thread is going to 1000 anyway ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pro_odeh

-=Disciple of Jesus Christ=-
Nov 18, 2004
✟27,458.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
McDLT said:
I've read that before. The thing that confuses me is that I don't see a spot where I can give a number of rep points? I sent you some reputation (you're very helpful) but have no idea how much I sent.

I guess maybe this thread is going to 1000 anyway ;)
The rep system is diffrent from the blessing system... You can't descide how much reps you give out, it it determened by diffrent things. You can rep 10 people each 24h, the amount of rep points is determened for example by how much reputation you have yourself, how long you have been a member, your post count, and so on...
If you read "How is the number of points that is given by a rating (= reputation altering power) determined?" it's a more detailed explenation...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.