Oct 1, 2007
Visit site
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hi,
i know this forum is for "secular" music, but there's really no other place to ask about this.

ive noticed, as im sure you all have, that most "alternative" christian bands pretty much all sounds like the "all american rejects"... in a bad way. its all power-pop-punk... and i hate it.

i used to listen to bands like radiohead, weezer, ozma, nada surf, grandaddy, keane, etc...

but since being saved my tastes have changed. i cant seem to listen to the same old stuff anymore. most of it is pretty negative.
i know, bad place to bring this up.

now i listen to bands like leeland, the david crowder band, brandon heath, deas vail, fair, mat kearney, phil wickham
basically if its not christian, i tend not to pay attention to it as much. but there in lies the problem.
most christian artists are, unfortunately, bland. and my specific taste has carried over into the christian music realm.

long story short (too late) im looking for some christian music. something interesting. something the musician in me can listen to and really receive from. something that doesn't use the same chord progression for every song, or use formulas.

the best examples i can give you are leeland, david crowder, phil wickham, and the fray.

so if anyone out there could turn me on to some interesting christian music, or have any suggestions of how i might find some. or at least tell me that they've looked and they dont exist, i'd really appreciate it.

-Thanks!

LoveForWisdom

Jan 4, 2007
Visit site
✟8,353.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hi,
i know this forum is for "secular" music, but there's really no other place to ask about this.

ive noticed, as im sure you all have, that most "alternative" christian bands pretty much all sounds like the "all american rejects"... in a bad way. its all power-pop-punk... and i hate it.

i used to listen to bands like radiohead, weezer, ozma, nada surf, grandaddy, keane, etc...

but since being saved my tastes have changed. i cant seem to listen to the same old stuff anymore. most of it is pretty negative.
i know, bad place to bring this up.

now i listen to bands like leeland, the david crowder band, brandon heath, deas vail, fair, mat kearney, phil wickham
basically if its not christian, i tend not to pay attention to it as much. but there in lies the problem.
most christian artists are, unfortunately, bland. and my specific taste has carried over into the christian music realm.

long story short (too late) im looking for some christian music. something interesting. something the musician in me can listen to and really receive from. something that doesn't use the same chord progression for every song, or use formulas.

the best examples i can give you are leeland, david crowder, phil wickham, and the fray.

so if anyone out there could turn me on to some interesting christian music, or have any suggestions of how i might find some. or at least tell me that they've looked and they dont exist, i'd really appreciate it.

-Thanks!
What about Big Daddy Weave? Or even Jeremy Camp?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums