New york
✟21,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why is this happening? I attend two different churches and at one of them I’ve been getting spiritually attacked, so has my sister. We both got attacked the same day. Looking back on it, it’s happened a lot.

I didn’t sense it was the devil trying to hinder me, but I sense it’s more so a sin of someone there opening up doors that shouldn’t be open.

Has anyone experienced this? I’ve been attending that church for years, and I don’t think I want to go back (for many reasons) but the spiritual attacks are difficult to deal with.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just curious but do you deal with mental health issues?

What occurred, exactly, that led you to the determination that you were specifically being attacked because of something outside of yourself, and that it was occurring specifically because of this church?

God does allow trials and tribulations to befall us in order to strengthen our faith and our Christian walk.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't know as it has ever happened to me, but many people report what you did in their own lives. It's wrong and disturbing, but the best way to react to it is to find a better church to attend.

Constantly battling the problem or letting such a negative thing hang over you in the church you attend at present cannot fail to impair your worship life as well as distract you from what involvement in any church should be.

Upvote 0

Any

Jul 4, 2018
New york
✟21,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What exactly is happening? Do you feel attacked by a person? Is it anxiety?
It’s strange but when I get spiritual attacked I get intrusive thoughts and feel a dark presence, I’m not sure how to explain it but I know it’s spiritual attack.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"Any,"

I should add one more thing to my response to you. I didn't experience what you reported happening to you, but I did have a troubling time once when the church I was attending was abandoning its bearings and trying to become more "relevant," more socially conscious, and less oriented towards the Bible.

For awhile I worried, occasionally said something to the people in charge, and thought a lot about what I could do to straighten things out--if anything.

It ruined my religious experience and stunted my spiritual growth. I changed churches and immediately found peace of mind and returned to benefitting from everything that church attendance and fellowship are supposed to accomplish.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s strange but when I get spiritual attacked I get intrusive thoughts and feel a dark presence, I’m not sure how to explain it but I know it’s spiritual attack.
Sounds about right. Yes, I’d seek another church. Definitely.

Upvote 0

Any

Jul 4, 2018
New york
✟21,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know as it has ever happened to me, but many people report what you did in their own lives. It's wrong and disturbing, but the best way to react to it is to find a better church to attend.

Constantly battling the problem or letting such a negative thing hang over you in the church you attend at present cannot fail to impair your worship life as well as distract you from what involvement in any church should be.

That is true. Thanks. It was very distracting, and it was during when we were singing hymns, and I prayed to God to help and of course he did. Later I found out my sister got attacked too. It only happens at this specific church and not the other one I attend. I just want to know why it’s happening I suppose and if people know what I am talking about, so I’ll be praying about it. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Any

Jul 4, 2018
New york
✟21,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Any,"

I should add one more thing to my response to you. I didn't experience what you reported happening to you, but I did have a troubling time once when the church I was attending was abandoning its bearings and trying to become more "relevant," more socially conscious, and less oriented towards the Bible.

For awhile I worried, occasionally said something to the people in charge, and thought a lot about what I could do to straighten things out--if anything.

It ruined my religious experience and stunted my spiritual growth. I changed churches and immediately found peace of mind and returned to benefitting from everything that church attendance and fellowship are supposed to accomplish.
Thank you so much for this reply! That is currently happening at the church I got attacked at. It is stunning my growth, and they are changing. It’s very stagnant and I am not getting fed meat or being decipled. I also tend to feel discouraged after. I love the members so it is hard. It was the first church I attended right after I got saved. It is unfortunate but I think I know the answer. I don’t think I am suppose to be there. The enemies hand is over that church, I’ll have to pray for them.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why is this happening? I attend two different churches and at one of them I’ve been getting spiritually attacked, so has my sister. We both got attacked the same day. Looking back on it, it’s happened a lot.

I didn’t sense it was the devil trying to hinder me, but I sense it’s more so a sin of someone there opening up doors that shouldn’t be open.

Has anyone experienced this? I’ve been attending that church for years, and I don’t think I want to go back (for many reasons) but the spiritual attacks are difficult to deal with.

Yes the devil is working over time in the Churches, spreading their evil, ruling believers hearts with their loveless lies. We believers have been so divided by the lies ruling that going to Church is almost impossible, because satan rules there ,and not The Truth of God's love.

To gather together as true believers, we who have learned to love God and neighbour, make up the real Church. Finding spiritual Oneness with God through Jesus is the only way to proceed from here. We have to let the corrupt religious institutions crumble, so our Lord Jesus can gather us believers in His loving truth instead.

Peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Any

Jul 4, 2018
New york
✟21,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes the devil is working over time in the Churches, spreading their evil, ruling believers hearts with their loveless lies. We believers have been so divided by the lies ruling that going to Church is almost impossible, because satan rules there ,and not The Truth of God's love.

To gather together as true believers, we who have learned to love God and neighbour, make up the real Church. Finding spiritual Oneness with God through Jesus is the only way to proceed from here. We have to let the corrupt religious institutions crumble, so our Lord Jesus can gather us believers in His loving truth instead.

Peace.
I hate the enemy so much and I am so glad we already won this war thanks to JESUS. I hate religion too, it separates us from God and the church I got spiritually attacked in is very focused on works, and it made me fall into a religious mindset instead of spiritual. It was an important lesson to learn, the Lord showed me his grace is sufficient for me.
God bless!

Upvote 0

Any

Jul 4, 2018
New york
✟21,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just curious but do you deal with mental health issues?

What occurred, exactly, that led you to the determination that you were specifically being attacked because of something outside of yourself, and that it was occurring specifically because of this church?

God does allow trials and tribulations to befall us in order to strengthen our faith and our Christian walk.
Kind of but not really. Sometimes I get anxiety. When I get spiritually attacked I get intrusive thoughts that aren’t mine, that get very distracting, and I feel a dark presence. It’s hard to explain if you never experienced it. However my sister experienced the same exact thing at the same time. Our spiritual walks are very connected and sometimes if I get attacked she gets attacked at the same time and tells me. It is confirmation for me that spiritual attacks are real, I can’t deny it anymore and I have tried to in the past. I do not think this came from God though, if he ordained it, i think it was to show me I am not suppose to be there anymore. Thanks for listening. I just needed to bounce ideas around.

Upvote 0

Any

Jul 4, 2018
New york
✟21,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, but don't let the experience at this one church sour you on church membership and attendance and participation. Just find a better one.
It definitely won’t. I already have another church.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I wouldn't go there if I was sensing darkness and I'm one who can sense darkness and more than once seen it in someone or in a place, even worship places. I thought I'd try a church nearer home, they seemed to have it together and the church we went to was wonderful but miles away, as in twice a month was really more practical than every week, never mind weekday functions. So we tried this church, I first went to mens bible study and got to meet some nice folks and felt a bit uneasy somehow. Then the instructor mentioned once or twice there is no need to confess sin. Hmmm, I thought well maybe it's this guy. So my wife and I attended service, it went pretty well, not our other church but doable. Still uneasy. Then the second service the pastor from the pulpit said the same thing no need to confess sin, and he was looking my way, for a split second I saw a demon face on the man. I took that as prompting from the Holy Spirit, it's a false doctrine. Not that the guy was demonized but there is your uneasiness David. Thank you Lord ! Never went back to men's bible study or another service, we just dropped out of sight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It definitely won’t. I already have another church.

Well that's good... :)

I've never felt spiritually attacked at a church I've attended before, but I did walk into a church once where I could feel the presence of evil, I left that church and never went back...

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kind of but not really. Sometimes I get anxiety. When I get spiritually attacked I get intrusive thoughts that aren’t mine, that get very distracting, and I feel a dark presence. It’s hard to explain if you never experienced it. However my sister experienced the same exact thing at the same time. Our spiritual walks are very connected and sometimes if I get attacked she gets attacked at the same time and tells me. It is confirmation for me that spiritual attacks are real, I can’t deny it anymore and I have tried to in the past. I do not think this came from God though, if he ordained it, i think it was to show me I am not suppose to be there anymore. Thanks for listening. I just needed to bounce ideas around.

You know it is for us to love true. That is the best way to fight this evil in our Churches. True love cannot be beaten, our Lord Jesus showed us. So whatever Church you end up going to there will be evil harbouring inside.

When God shows you that there is evil around in Church, for you sense it, then curse the evil you sense, and claim the Church back for Christ, blessing the people afflicted with it. Honest it is the very best way to fight the devil in our midst, love him to death among us. Only true love can beat the loveless lies ruling many of the Churches today.

We who love God and neighbour posses the keys of the Kingdom in Christ's truthful love, so lets use them i reckon.
Revelation 3:7-10
"To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:

These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth."

• Prayers
Reactions: Any
Upvote 0

Any

Jul 4, 2018
New york
✟21,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't go there if I was sensing darkness and I'm one who can sense darkness and more than once seen it in someone or in a place, even worship places. I thought I'd try a church nearer home, they seemed to have it together and the church we went to was wonderful but miles away, as in twice a month was really more practical than every week, never mind weekday functions. So we tried this church, I first went to mens bible study and got to meet some nice folks and felt a bit uneasy somehow. Then the instructor mentioned once or twice there is no need to confess sin. Hmmm, I thought well maybe it's this guy. So my wife and I attended service, it went pretty well, not our other church but doable. Still uneasy. Then the second service the pastor from the pulpit said the same thing no need to confess sin, and he was looking my way, for a split second I saw a demon face on the man. I took that as prompting from the Holy Spirit, it's a false doctrine. Not that the guy was demonized but there is your uneasiness David. Thank you Lord ! Never went back to men's bible study or another service, we just dropped out of sight.
Thank you for sharing this testimony! Thank the Lord for the Holy Spirit which guides us into all truth. He teaches us his word too! We have to confess sin, it’s foolish not to do so and I feel fear for that pastor because he said that. I’m glad you harkened unto his prompting. It is so interesting how some of us can see the darkness, I believe it is the gift on discernment of spirits. My fiancé doesn’t quiet understand but my sister does. So many people experience similar things and I tried to deny it before but i just can’t anymore.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for sharing this testimony! Thank the Lord for the Holy Spirit which guides us into all truth. He teaches us his word too! We have to confess sin, it’s foolish not to do so and I feel fear for that pastor because he said that. I’m glad you harkened unto his prompting. It is so interesting how some of us can see the darkness, I believe it is the gift on discernment of spirits. My fiancé doesn’t quiet understand but my sister does. So many people experience similar things and I tried to deny it before but i just can’t anymore.

You are right. It is His gift to you. Please let Jesus teach you, but watch out for unfaithful love living in us sinners, for she can really make this gift back fire on you. i know she can make you focus on evil all the time, and not seeing God's loving truth ruling rightly because of that. i know i really struggled getting the wicked off my spiritual vision, though the more i learned to love true, the better my vision became. Showing me marvellous truths about God's love ruling me and us all.

Working out of the truths of Scripture in the Spirit of love for God and people is the best way to fight the wicked all around us. It is the only way to see all the liars and thieves living within us (and among us,) exposing unfaithful love in our hearts as the culprit of all sinful evil.

Peace.

Zechariah 5
I looked again, and there before me was a flying scroll.

He asked me, “What do you see?”

I answered, “I see a flying scroll, twenty cubits long and ten cubits wide.

And he said to me, “This is the curse that is going out over the whole land; for according to what it says on one side, every thief will be banished, and according to what it says on the other, everyone who swears falsely will be banished. The Lord Almighty declares, ‘I will send it out, and it will enter the house of the thief and the house of anyone who swears falsely by my name. It will remain in that house and destroy it completely, both its timbers and its stones.’”

Then the angel who was speaking to me came forward and said to me, “Look up and see what is appearing.”

I asked, “What is it?”

He replied, “It is a basket.” And he added, “This is the iniquity of the people throughout the land.”

Then the cover of lead was raised, and there in the basket sat a woman! He said, “This is wickedness,” and he pushed her back into the basket and pushed its lead cover down on it.

Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth.

“Where are they taking the basket?” I asked the angel who was speaking to me.

He replied, “To the country of Babylonia to build a house for it. When the house is ready, the basket will be set there in its place.”

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I had a bad accident. A spirit accused me and told me it was because I was not giving enough to an online pastor I had been giving to in the past. I found he was dishonest and had stopped watching him and stopped donating online too. I instructed the accusing spirit not to come to me as I no longer approve of that pastor. The church is over a hundred miles away and I do not suspect they would be able to help me in my hour of need, neither would I support them.

Upvote 0