• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Help!!!! ASAP!!!!

I'm struggling to stay alive minute by minute and hour by hour.  My therapist says I need to go inpatient to a psych hosp....but I don't want to go.  Besides, we have only 50% insurance coverage on in-patient psych stays.  I'm losing weight, mentally out of it.....trying to read God's word and offer Him the sacrifice of praise.  Any replies are appreciated.

Evening Mist

gentle mother
Feb 7, 2003
Delaware
Visit site
✟997.00
Faith
Christian
You will be in my thoughts.

I can understand not wanting to go the hospital. I wonder if there is someplace else you can go for awhile? You need to rest in the arms of someone else's care for awhile.

I looke at your pic. on your profile page. You are absolutely stunning.

Upvote 0

Ryder

Whatever was the deplorable word
Jan 13, 2003
Michigan
✟23,089.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mat 14:28-31   And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth [his] hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? 

Even if your having troubling seeing or believing the providence of Jesus in your life, just cry out, and He'll rescue you, even from your doubt. I hope that helps alittle , I'm kinda new at finding appropriate scriptures.

Upvote 0

slightlypuzzled

Jan 31, 2003
Houston, Tx USA
Visit site
✟166.00
Faith
Christian
Father, I pray that you will be with her and help to calm her and find that quiet place that you shepherd all of us to. Your touch is needed. Please, I pray, that Your rod and Your staff will comfort her. May the God of Peace bless her and her house with peace.

There is a time to be still and to listen. Sometimes we have to put all of our energies into listening for that still small voice. Elijah had to learn how to do that and David learned that from tending His fathers sheep. Remember, the Master taught us that, though He has 99 sheep in His pen, He will leave them to find the one little lamb that was lost. God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
The only one who would be happy and smiling when you give up is Satan and the one who would be heart broken is Jesus.

Lord, help katastrophe to know that the times when you're closest to her is during the darkest times, at the deepest and the lowest ground in the valley.

when i was feeling down, somebody once told me, "Climb up with the Lord 'cos you can't go down anymore, you only have your way up."
Hold on to God and reach out to him. He may have always been waiting for you to give yourself wholly onto him.

"And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint." -Galatians 6:9-

No matter what you're going through... NEVER GIVE UP!

God be with you...

Love and hugs,
Anna

Upvote 0