Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello, everyone. I am checking out Christian social media to investigate such ones will be appropriate for our oldest when we let him use more internet. In also looking for book reviews, homeschooling resources and people to chat with.

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello and welcome to CF! This website is pretty appropriate, I think. If you say a bad word, it shows up as [bless and do not curse] so no one is able to see the word you wrote originally. There’s also a forum specifically for teens, but no one uses it.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello, everyone. I am checking out Christian social media to investigate such ones will be appropriate for our oldest when we let him use more internet. In also looking for book reviews, homeschooling resources and people to chat with.
Welcome to CF Jeltja. :) I hope you find the board to your liking.

Reactions: Jeltja
Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As for homeschooling, if you’re looking for good curriculums, the best is probably Abeka, especially in younger grades. In High School, Abeka takes all day though! I’m doing Notgrass government and economy right now, and that’s pretty good. It’s easy to learn and the tests aren’t hard. Teaching Textbooks is good for math. It explains what it’s teaching very well! Also, it’s not a homeschooling resource, but there are cheap online college classes at a website called Sophia. I don’t think you have to take the college test (I forgot what it was called) to do the classes. I’m in high school and I think the classes I’ve taken so far were pretty easy.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome, I am glad that you have joined us. I admire your desire to find good resources for your child, it can be difficult.

Upvote 0

Jeltja

Particularly Baptist
Feb 14, 2022
Arizona
✟9,328.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have been using the Ron Paul Curriculum for years and find it extremely useful. It fits our values and has some to notch courses that are often neglected in other resources I've looked into. However as we've grown in our faith and are looking to introduce more complex and social subjects we've taken to reading a lot of books and deciding which ones we can use to explain important issues to our children.

We use tablets, Kobo (like a Kindle) and the computer which really helps me to take excerpts from different texts, or it as notes in Logos, etc. God has blessed us so much with these tools, it's much more productive and versatile than how my father had to do it (and we had computers and the internet, but it's changed a lot!)

Here is a list of books we've got for topical reference. I don't intend to force my boys to read all of these, but I am gradually reading them and drawing on different perspectives they have to explain issues that go beyond reading and history.
Family Library

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Glad you decided to join us!

I would recommend either becoming a site supporter or get an ad blocker as to not be effected by the random and very secular ads that otherwise appear while utilizing the site.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome!

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Welcome to CF, Jeltja. Thankful you are here!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums