Charleston
✟15,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm wrestling with my beliefs, I have been attending a Bible/Jesus centered Church for about a year. I read quite a bit trying to get a better understanding. Obviously many very learned people do not believe and many do. I was not raised in a home that taught belief and have to figure this out on my own. I have read about the odds of life just creating such complicated codes as in RNA/DNA and the non believers rebuttal to those. It seems just as easy for me to accept a "magic man in the sky" as it is to accept "magic dust creating a Universe for no particular reason and magically sprouting life that evolves over a few billion years to what we know today.

That said it doesn't provide me with answers.
One thing I want to ask of non believers is if we are not a product of a creator why would we be essentially ruining the process of evolution and natural selection by allowing bad genetics like Diabetes to continue to be passed on?

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade

Cclun

cclun
Mar 19, 2019
OH
✟9,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm wrestling with my beliefs, I have been attending a Bible/Jesus centered Church for about a year. I read quite a bit trying to get a better understanding. Obviously many very learned people do not believe and many do. I was not raised in a home that taught belief and have to figure this out on my own. I have read about the odds of life just creating such complicated codes as in RNA/DNA and the non believers rebuttal to those. It seems just as easy for me to accept a "magic man in the sky" as it is to accept "magic dust creating a Universe for no particular reason and magically sprouting life that evolves over a few billion years to what we know today.

That said it doesn't provide me with answers.
One thing I want to ask of non believers is if we are not a product of a creator why would we be essentially ruining the process of evolution and natural selection by allowing bad genetics like Diabetes to continue to be passed on?

I appreciate you sharing your feelings and being open to your struggle as a believer. To answer your question, illness and sickness in the current world is a result of sin. Once man in sinned in Genesis, death came into the world. One way or the other, we all will die and meet our creator one day, no one is an exception. We cannot "turn the clock back", or avoid death at all. If we do not die by genetically passed down disease like diabetes or heart disease or cancer, we will die by something else. Hebrews 9:27 says "Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment..", no one is an exception. Either we go to heaven on hell depends on our believe in Jesus. As Christians we are not just believing a creator of some sort, be believe that there is only one way, the way of Jesus. He has come to die for our sins, the only perfect son of God, to redeem us so that we can be with Him.

I encourage you read the Bible daily , read It with intent and dive into It to find the truth. It is all written in there, and It is the most reliable literature of all, the holy word of God. Going to a bible believing church is great, but in your own time, read the living word of God, It will change your life!

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Gil,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

glitter-hello-text-smiley-emoticon.gif

95a28b8a764646932b8573ada00fa14e.gif

Upvote 0

gil wilson

Feb 20, 2020
Charleston
✟15,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate you sharing your feelings and being open to your struggle as a believer. To answer your question, illness and sickness in the current world is a result of sin. Once man in sinned in Genesis, death came into the world. One way or the other, we all will die and meet our creator one day, no one is an exception. We cannot "turn the clock back", or avoid death at all. If we do not die by genetically passed down disease like diabetes or heart disease or cancer, we will die by something else. Hebrews 9:27 says "Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment..", no one is an exception. Either we go to heaven on hell depends on our believe in Jesus. As Christians we are not just believing a creator of some sort, be believe that there is only one way, the way of Jesus. He has come to die for our sins, the only perfect son of God, to redeem us so that we can be with Him.

I encourage you read the Bible daily , read It with intent and dive into It to find the truth. It is all written in there, and It is the most reliable literature of all, the holy word of God. Going to a bible believing church is great, but in your own time, read the living word of God, It will change your life!
Thanks for responding, I'm reading the bible but I have so many areas that I question. For instance in Genesis it appears written more by man than God, of course God would know that their isn't any difference in night or day, their isn't two lights in the sky one one for day one for night. Also when I read Exodus I think its Chapter 32 verse 11-14 How in the heck does Moses get to tell God what to do and God repents from his sin!? That doesn't make any sense. The bible is one of the reasons I have to wrestle with my beliefs.

Upvote 0