Country
Australia
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Hi guys
Thanks for the add

I have been in religion most all my life started as JW when I was a kid becos of my mum and taught to really fear God. Then she left after they couldnt answer some questions she had and joined the Anglican church and is now 30 years later is a retired ordained Anglican Minister, I love my mum. But I didnt follow I lived my own life and was reckless as hell, still am.
I met a guy at work when I was in my early 30s who lead me to Jesus and I was baptised in a Baptist church the next year. My wife and I moved to Aus and I started at the Salvation army and a small baptist church and I loved Jesus and I even began a diploma at Harvest online. I studied and really enjoyed Bible History and as I learnt I realised that the Orthodox Church was the original Church and so I joined and was baptised at a Orthodox church as I studied. I was on fire for Jesus and I fear God, I could even talk and write ancient greek so I could read the original greek bible, I was alive with good christian doctrine and Christian scripture was all encompassing as was my love for Jesus.

Today I am 42 years old and I am loosing my faith,
there are many reasons why, in fact its the accumulated knowledge along with what I see happening and what I have seen has happened in the past. Its religion and politics, it doctrines that condemn each other for their doctrines and those lost if not saved will suffer punishment their own doctrines are trying to convince them that they are completely free of.
Its watching these guys with million doller TV churches spin and spin as their wallets get fatter and fatter, Its watching people who claim to know Jesus dance around like fools blabbing gibberish while others think that a convicted con man dug up golden tablets and wants you to wear magic undies. Its f***ed the whole thing is completely screw balls.
It seems the rhetoric I hear now are just people who are hanging on for dear life, because they have to they have no other choice, they have lost loved ones and want to see them again as do I. If I just trust in Jesus and no matter what remember his ways are higher then my ways so I cant understand what hes doing know matter how horrifying it is Revelation said it was coming and the end is still to come, I just have to trust and win the race as Paul puts it.
In the meantime I am a sinner who still feels like hes going to hell thanks to religion, thanks to people who told me that I am saved.....so long as I do this or that and dont stay from the path.

I love the idea of Jesus and I love the idea that I will see my brother in heaven one day (even though he died as a believing JW and according to some hes in hell)

Im sorry sorry guys I can no longer believe in a god that is going to destroy people born in a sinful world shown a flawed dogma diluted religion and told to suck eggs if you dont choose the right one

I need to believe in a God who loves us who wont let this crap go on much longer and will free all of us, not just the ones who think they got it right. This whole world is completely buggered and we have to live in the shadow of an ancient curse. I will cower before your Religions god as a flawed sinful man who didnt get it right and await my fate.

I guess Im here on this forum, trying to grasp at threads, sorry for the neg of the post

If you have read this far Im impressed!

Thank you again :)

Last edited:

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys
Thanks for the add

I have been in religion most all my life started as JW when I was a kid becos of my mum and taught to really fear God. Then she left after they couldnt answer some questions she had and joined the Anglican church and is now 30 years later is a retired ordained Anglican Minister, I love my mum. But I didnt follow I lived my own life and was reckless as hell, still am.
I met a guy at work when I was in my early 30s who lead me to Jesus and I was baptised in a Baptist church the next year. My wife and I moved to Aus and I started at the Salvation army and a small baptist church and I loved Jesus and I even began a diploma at Harvest online. I studied and really enjoyed Bible History and as I learnt I realised that the Orthodox Church was the original Church and so I joined and was baptised at a Orthodox church as I studied. I was on fire for Jesus and I fear God, I could even talk and write ancient greek so I could read the original greek bible, I was alive with good christian doctrine and Christian scripture was all encompassing as was my love for Jesus.

there are many reasons why, in fact its the accumulated knowledge along with what I see happening and what I have seen has happened in the past. Its religion and politics, it doctrines that condemn each other for their doctrines and those lost if not saved will suffer punishment their own doctrines are trying to convince them that they are completely free of.
Its watching these guys with million doller TV churches spin and spin as their wallets get fatter and fatter, Its watching people who claim to know Jesus dance around like fools blabbing gibberish while others think that a convicted con man dug up golden tablets and wants you to wear magic undies. Its f***ed the whole thing is completely screw balls.
It seems the rhetoric I hear now are just people who are hanging on for dear life, because they have to they have no other choice, they have lost loved ones and want to see them again as do I. If I just trust in Jesus and no matter what remember his ways are higher then my ways so I cant understand what hes doing know matter how horrifying it is Revelation said it was coming and the end is still to come, I just have to trust and win the race as Paul puts it.
In the meantime I am a sinner who still feels like hes going to hell thanks to religion, thanks to people who told me that I am saved.....so long as I do this or that and dont stay from the path.

I love the idea of Jesus and I love the idea that I will see my brother in heaven one day (even though he died as a believing JW and according to some hes in hell)

Im sorry sorry guys I can no longer believe in a god that is going to destroy people born in a sinful world shown a flawed dogma diluted religion and told to suck eggs if you dont choose the right one

I need to believe in a God who loves us who wont let this crap go on much longer and will free all of us, not just the ones who think they got it right. This whole world is completely buggered and we have to live in the shadow of an ancient curse. I will cower before your Religions god as a flawed sinful man who didnt get it right and await my fate.

I guess Im here on this forum, trying to grasp at threads, sorry for the neg of the post

Welcome to the forums. I hope that you will meet our God, Who is love, and Who loves all of His creation (including you). I hope you will find good advice, friendship and guidance here.

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi guys
Thanks for the add

.. So, you have never met Jesus, huh? .. you know, only a clean vessel is fit for doing just service to The Holy Spirit. Chances are not as slim as you might think though.. He speaks to us more often than we realise until that time when we come to recognise Him (John 14:21).

It is righteousness to your account that you have been disgusted by that strawman view of God .. the real challenge is forgiving the ones who promote it and who being vessels of wrath, persecute the children of the light!

Anyhow, you are right to seek after the unity of Christianity .. we all have unity in Christ, and it is a skill that we must develop through self-sacrifice, to guard that unity while avoiding the potential fallouts that come through contentions (offenses, etc).

I'd like to offer you this booklet that I share:pointup: with people, that shows the basics of Christianity according to scripture in a unifying way that doesn't turn a person to this church or that one, but it appeals to every Christian so that we might begin with what we basically agree upon. It establishes an understanding that we should allow Jesus to guide us into deeper truths according to His will and only seek to serve each other where it is useful to His purposes.

.. nice to meet you, I would like to see how your thoughts can assist to build the culture of the community here!

:wave:

Upvote 0

Aaron W.

Dinorawr
Jan 17, 2018
London
✟9,263.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
This is very heartfelt, I feel you. Like a last attempt at coming to know God though his son Jesus , Yeshua. Atleast you are still seeking. Time in history itself is coming to a head and you are still in the fight ! Don't give up!!

May I urge you to find true fellowship with brothers and sisters. Other than that On FB: The Yeshua Network. They have some seriously powerful videos and sharing messages to the world. We ARE One body under heaven, grafted onto the Kings true vine! Amen!

Be at peace brother. It is done!

Interesting times we are living in, and very lucky to be a witness of the times unfolding!

Upvote 0