• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

hello

Discussion in 'Ministry Spouses' started by Dhaezie, May 13, 2017.

1. Dhaezie

Dhaezie New Member

+0
    Philippines
    Christian
    Married
    how to re-kindle my marriage

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Joyous Song

Joyous Song Well-Known Member

+163
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You do not give any details and why you feel your marriage is not burning strongly, but my general answer is these few things we place into our marriage to keep it strong:

1) communicate: One reason marriages their sparkle is because couple often get busy caring for children or with jobs or even ministry. Therefore those of us in these situations need to create situations where we can just sit down and talk.

2) Thankfulness: As the wife of a Church deacon, I often add my husband (as part of deacons) as well as priests, rabbis, Bishops, Archbishops, Cardinals, Prime Bishop Anthony, and Both Pope Francis and retire Pope Benidict in my prayers also have a prayer of thanks and if I am frustrated with him, I always add thanks for being given Him as my husband.

3) Love: your marriage could be facing a Dark Night of the Soul. In the Dark Night G-d seems distance (however He actually close) and this can cause a distancing of each of you. Love can bridge even that Dark Night, so let it shine brightly and you may help your spouse as well.

4) Forgiveness: Sometimes, we or our spouses hurt each other. Its often by careless words or during times of weakness. Realizing that "but for the grace of G-d there too you might be" can help you forgive your spouse.

5) Small gifts: Since our marriage my husband buys me flowers ever week. They adorn our table. Small gifts like those flowers can come a long way to revitalizing a relationship that has gone stale.

Hope these few suggestions help.

3. Endeavourer

Endeavourer Well-Known Member

+1,362
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    What do you find is lacking at this time?