Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Joey,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. Y
ou have my deepest condolences. Your case reminds me of my uncle I witnessed to at a family reunion. After our talk he and his wife quit drinking and smoking and started going to church. Then she came down with cancer and was gone within six months.

He asked me why God would do that. All I could think of were words from a Hymn:

Someday, we'll know all about it;
someday we'll understand why.

blue-smiley-feeling-sad.gif

a51dd05bc954fa11100bb0cc8627c4af.gif

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟779,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
My name is Joey. My wife and best friend passed away suddenly last month. We were having a great day, but around 4pm, I walked into the bedroom, then walked back out into the Livingroom to talk to my wife, Margaret. She looked like she was sleeping on her recliner like shes done a million times. I went to wake her up, but she was gone. I couldn't believe it! There was nothing wrong with her. It was like she was just turned off...just like that. I am so lost and alone without her. I have plenty of friends, but she was my best. I'm now stuck in this horrible place...a place of dread. I don't want to go anywhere, I don't want to see anyone....I just want to be left alone. It's killing me, I know that. I am a hiker, but now, I don't even want to do that. I though finding a place like this might help. I still don't know if it will. I want my wife back. I miss her so very much......
I am very sorry to hear of your loss.
I hope you will find friendship, care and comfort from members of our community.
You are most welcome here.

Upvote 0

Joseph Ruggiere

Nov 11, 2020
Concord
✟16,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I just did a quickie on that link I sent Joey. His son, Andy, expounds in hyper drive. He says a lot with few words. I am still thinking about what he said as he soars ahead sometimes and I am glad I can pause or replay. This is only 2 min. long but it speaks a lot on your dilemma: charles stanley why does God allow suffering at DuckDuckGo or

It speaks too ALL of us about the bad in our lives and why God would allow it. His last sentence dives very deep if you remember the parallelism which he has been employing.

By the way, when Adam sinned, he handed over the Title to this world to satan. That is why he is called the ruler of this world.

Upvote 0

Joseph Ruggiere

Nov 11, 2020
Concord
✟16,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I know probably all of you will disagree with me, but still, this video doesn't help me understand. I am still VERY angry at the Lord. Not just for me wife, but like I said...."why would He let babies die of cancer"? My wife...well, her body just gave up. But these babies...they have done NOTHING to deserve this panful death. I don't know why He would let this go on. That one little thing that He could fix...why doesn't He?

Upvote 0