Chestnut
✟7,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes I realize there is a type in the title, but I cannot figure out how to edit it. Ugghh!

I am a follower and lover of Jesus Christ. I am also a daughter, sister, widow, mother, grandmother. I am 57 years old, a 7-year colon cancer survivor, a brunette with hazel eyes and have recently discovered I have high-functioning autism (formerly known as Asperger’s). I am also a writer, a blogger, a secretary, a paper pusher, a pianist, a preacher, a babysitter for my 2 beautiful granddaughters, and a Grief Share group leader. I attend 2 different (very different) churches—a small (9 people average attendance) Methodist church and a much larger (250-300 people average attendance) nondenominational church.

Since learning about (or actually having confirmed) the Asperger’s, along with BED (which I also strongly suspected) and PTSD (which I didn’t even know one could have without having been in a war!) I have been mostly fascinated by the Asperger’s which explains so very much about my entire life from the earliest times I can remember to the present.

Toward that end, I have spent some time scrutinizing the internet looking for which blogs/forums seemed to have the most current entries, and this one seemed to be the one.

I am also reading concurrently 2 books, one by Temple Grandin and the other the Misfits book by Brant Hansen, the former a bit too analytical for me; but I LOVE the one by Mr. Hansen. If anyone knows of any other books that would be helpful to a Christian Aspie, please let me know of them.

My main reason for seeking counseling was my having experienced, since the death of my wonderful husband nearly 3 years ago and my best friend 3 months before that, several episodes of uncontrollable crying which I had believed were “normal” delayed grief episodes, and they may have been to some degree, but more likely they were Aspie meltdowns. They were significant enough I was unable to function in any meaningful way for the days around which they occurred. It was the last one, in August of this year, which brought the realization that counseling might be a good thing and led to my triple (so far) diagnosis.

I would like the remaining years of my life on this world to be lived more effectively than the first 57 years. Love the Switchfoot song “Live It Well”! More love. More understanding of God’s love for me, and more love to other people. I don’t believe that’s an impossibility simply because I have weird wiring. In fact, now that I know I have weird wiring, I suspect that might make it easier.

Additionally, I have strong suspicions my son and possibly my daughter carry the same weird wiring, AKA Asperger’s. (Isn’t it weird how the words weird and wired look so similar?)

If anybody reads this, though, I have some questions/concerns:

1. I am the published author of a book called “Fearless in Euroclydon”, and my personal blog is called “JLM in Euroclydon”. My book’s publisher went out of business just a couple months after my husband died, and I can’t even get copies of it, so I don’t know if this even counts. . . but . . . does my user name here of “Aspie in Euroclydon” need to be changed because of the rule that says other things can’t be promoted here (I don’t remember the exact wording)? I hadn’t read that rule before creating my user name, unfortunately.

2. My personal blogs don’t always have to do with Asperger’s. But can those that do be reposted here in whole or in part? These are not commercial blogs and have very few followers, but I would like them to reach a larger audience because of 2 Corinthians 1:3-7 which is the main purpose of the writing of my blog and my book.

If you’ve read this to this point, thank you. I know it’s pretty wordy, but I hope it makes sense and I pray God’s greatest blessings on you.

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,705.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CF Aspie in Euroclydon :wave:

It strikes me you have had quite a journey in your life so far.

I hope that you will get the help you so clearly desire to ease your life now.

Grief is a REAL problem for all - and those who have not had this experience do not always realise it.

Upvote 0