Nevada
✟1,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I understand you are asking for help getting His word is everyday. You have to understand something important about the mind:

For those who live according to the flesh set their MINDS on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their MINDS on the things of the Spirit. -Romans 8:5

So you have to play a role in setting your mind. If you set your mind on the things of the world, that is, your indulgences, — your spiritual strength will be depleted; then you will not have the strength to resist the desires of the world like sinful passions, desires and covetousness. When that happens, you most likely unable to get into His words. Those distractions and demands for your attention will rob of your spiritual strength to get into God’s words. Whether it is morning or during day or night, you will not be able to focus.

The key to get into His words — you need God’s strength. Nobody ables to get into His words without Christ’s strength. Nobody is able to fulfill what God has told them to do in the Bible without His strength.

It is not of importance to wake early but it is of importance to set your mind on the things of the Spirit. So through out your day, what you set your mind is of importance.

As we have heard:
For the mind that is set on the flesh is HOSTILE TO GOD, for it DOES NOT SUBMIT to God's law; indeed, it cannot. -Romans 8:7

If you want to get into His words, you need to submit to God’s law of Spirit of life.
Otherwise, you are just hostile to God.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions; I will help you with the wisdom and strength that God provide.

Santoso - I loved this reply. My heart was convicted when you posted those Scripture references about setting my mind on things above and not on earthly things. I think you uncovered something I wasn’t able to see. Thank you. And YES PLEASE, I need help with this. Prayer? Guidance? Direction? I pray daily for the strength to get close to Him, to be of service to His people, and to just be focused. I fail often. But I’ll be looking for your responses and following you here. thanks so much brother for being faithful. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Jewel4Christ

Sep 6, 2020
Nevada
✟1,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Help... How do you drive this forum? I want to ask questions and message people, but maybe because I’m new, I can’t connect with people yet? :sorry: I’m so new. I was a pro on facebook, but this is a different place altogether. Thanks you guys.

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Help... How do you drive this forum? I want to ask questions and message people, but maybe because I’m new, I can’t connect with people yet? :sorry: I’m so new. I was a pro on facebook, but this is a different place altogether. Thanks you guys.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page; you'll find the "Help" button. After you click on it; you can find the link for FAQ.

I believe this is the info you're looking for:

"When and how can I start a conversation?
Once you have made at least 20 posts and have 5 positive post ratings, you can initiate conversations with other members. To do this, you can either click on Start a Conversation under the member's name, or click on your Inbox, and click on Start a Conversation at the bottom of the pop up."

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Help... How do you drive this forum?

Well,.. if you scroll up towards the top of the page there should be a steering wheel there and then the middle of the page you'll find all of the levers and knobs and the bottom is where you'll find the foot pedals. :D

Upvote 0

Jewel4Christ

Sep 6, 2020
Nevada
✟1,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you scroll down to the bottom of the page; you'll find the "Help" button. After you click on it; you can find the link for FAQ.

I believe this is the info you're looking for:

"When and how can I start a conversation?
Once you have made at least 20 posts and have 5 positive post ratings, you can initiate conversations with other members. To do this, you can either click on Start a Conversation under the member's name, or click on your Inbox, and click on Start a Conversation at the bottom of the pop up."

Thank you, HARK!

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Santoso - I loved this reply. My heart was convicted when you posted those Scripture references about setting my mind on things above and not on earthly things. I think you uncovered something I wasn’t able to see. Thank you. And YES PLEASE, I need help with this. Prayer? Guidance? Direction? I pray daily for the strength to get close to Him, to be of service to His people, and to just be focused. I fail often. But I’ll be looking for your responses and following you here. thanks so much brother for being faithful. God bless you.

This is what we have heard: Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. -John 14:6

Likewise, this is what we have heard:
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day. -John 6:44

won’t you be confused ?
If you are trying to draw near Jesus, you will be told that you need the Father draw you to Jesus.
If you are trying to draw near the Father, you will be told to go through Jesus.

How do you draw near the Father ? How do you come through Jesus?

Why God is doing this ?
It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings is to search things out. -Proverbs 25:2

So it is our job to search things out.

This is what we have heard:
And WITHOUT FAITH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to please Him -Hebrews 11:6

If you want to please the Father and Jesus, in order to draw near Him, it has been made known IT IS IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT FAITH.

So if you don’t hear the word of Christ everyday and HEAR THROUGH the word of Christ everyday , it is just impossible that you draw near the Father and Jesus Christ.

Why ? You don’t meet the condition to draw near the Father and Jesus. When you hear and hear through the word of Christ, then you have the Faith that please Him !

This is what Jesus relate about the words that He has spoken:
It is the SPIRIT WHO GIVES LIFE; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are SPIRIT and LIFE. -John 6:63

The words that Jesus spoke to us is Spirit. Can you hear through the word of Christ are spirit and life?; That the Holy Spirit give this life or leads us into living a godly life.

This is also what we have heard:
for WHOEVER would DRAW NEAR to God MUST BELIEVE THAT HE EXISTS and THAT HE REWARDS those who seek him. -Hebrews 11:6

From this promise, we come to know this privilege being offfered to : whoever draw near to God ! But the conditions are set to those who believe that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit exists and that He reward according what He has promised to those who seek Him.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

Upvote 0

Jewel4Christ

Sep 6, 2020
Nevada
✟1,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is what we have heard: Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. -John 14:6

Likewise, this is what we have heard:
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day. -John 6:44

won’t you be confused ?
If you are trying to draw near Jesus, you will be told that you need the Father draw you to Jesus.
If you are trying to draw near the Father, you will be told to go through Jesus.

How do you draw near the Father ? How do you come through Jesus?

Why God is doing this ?
It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings is to search things out. -Proverbs 25:2

So it is our job to search things out.

This is what we have heard:
And WITHOUT FAITH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to please Him -Hebrews 11:6

If you want to please the Father and Jesus, in order to draw near Him, it has been made known IT IS IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT FAITH.

So if you don’t hear the word of Christ everyday and HEAR THROUGH the word of Christ everyday , it is just impossible that you draw near the Father and Jesus Christ.

Why ? You don’t meet the condition to draw near the Father and Jesus. When you hear and hear through the word of Christ, then you have the Faith that please Him !

This is what Jesus relate about the words that He has spoken:
It is the SPIRIT WHO GIVES LIFE; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are SPIRIT and LIFE. -John 6:63

The words that Jesus spoke to us is Spirit. Can you hear through the word of Christ are spirit and life?; That the Holy Spirit give this life or leads us into living a godly life.

This is also what we have heard:
for WHOEVER would DRAW NEAR to God MUST BELIEVE THAT HE EXISTS and THAT HE REWARDS those who seek him. -Hebrews 11:6

From this promise, we come to know this privilege being offfered to : whoever draw near to God ! But the conditions are set to those who believe that God the Father, God the Son, and God the Spirit exists and that He reward according what He has promised to those who seek Him.

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

Santosos, I needed to hear His Word spoken in truth and power. If you have any more for me, please share. The reminder to just be in His Word was what I needed to hear. Thank you again, brother. Thank you over and over. God bless you.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Santosos, I needed to hear His Word spoken in truth and power. If you have any more for me, please share. The reminder to just be in His Word was what I needed to hear. Thank you again, brother. Thank you over and over. God bless you.

I understand you are concerned that you cannot hear His words in truth and power.

The Lord have said:
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. -John 10:27

You must ask yourself honestly:
are you His sheep? If you say that you are His sheep, do you see in your life that the Lord is shepherding you? If not, you need to seek after the truth and the truth will set you free.

If you want to come after the truth; if you want to know His power ; that means you are coming after the Lord Jesus.

Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. -Matthew 16:24

So, have you deny yourself and take up the cross and follow Jesus?

Perhaps, you are thinking how to deny yourself?
Let us consider this for TODAY.

This is what apostle Paul have taught:
assuming that you have HEARD about Him and were TAUGHT in Him, as the TRUTH is in Jesus, -Ephesians 4:21

to put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, -Ephesians 4:22

As the sheep, we have HEARD about our Shepherd and were taught in Him, as the truth is in Jesus, that is to PUT OFF OUR OLD SELF.

For when our Lord call us to deny ourselves, that He is referring us to put our old self.

Many struggle in how to put our old self; this truth is revealed in another place in the Holy Scripture.

This is what apostle Paul have spoken:
And you, who once were ALIENATED and HOSTILE IN MIND, DOING EVIL DEEDS, -Colossians 1:21
He has now reconciled in His body of flesh by His death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before Him, -Colossians 1:22
IF INDEED YOU CONTINUE IN THE FAITH, stable and steadfast, NOT SHIFTING FROM the hope of the gospel that you HEARD, which has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, became a minister. -Colossians 1:23

From here, we can understand the mind of person play a role alienating himself or herself from what you have HEARD, that is, the truth in Jesus.

With just thinking, a person can resist the truth — like setting his or her mind on the things of the flesh, doing that is considered to be doing EVIL DEEDS.

With that thinking, that person can bring himself or herself hostility with God and make that person — God’s enemies.

Why I can say that ?
As I understand HOSTILITY means
hostile behavior; unfriendliness or opposition.
"their hostility to all outsiders.

So if a person‘s mind is in opposition to God, that makes that person God’s enemy.

For this we have heard:
For the mind that is set on the flesh is HOSTILE to God, for it DOES NOT SUBMIT to God's law; INDEED, IT CANNOT. -Romans 8:7

Why the person’s mind need to be subjected to God’s law of Spirit of life?

Here it is explained:
and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, -Ephesians 4:23
and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness. -Ephesians 4:24

Why many still struggle to put their mind off the things of the flesh ?

Have you heard This?:
Thus says the LORD: "Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart turns away from the LORD. -Jeremiah 17:5

So when a person put his trust in himself or herself and consider his or her own strength, actually they are living under a curse and that their hearts turn away from the Lord.

the primary reason why many struggle to put their mind off on the things of the flesh is that they rely on their strength.

In regard to the mind,
This is written:
My people are destroyed FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE; because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being a priest to me. And since you HAVE FORGOTTEN the law of your God, I also will forget your children. -Hosea 4:6

So if thinking on the things of the flesh are considered EVIL deeds and that a person cannot rely on his/her own strength, what should one do ?

As we have heard:
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. -James 1:5

This wisdom is given in the proverbs:
By steadfast love and faithfulness iniquity is atoned for, and BY THE FEAR OF THE LORD ONE TURNS AWAY FROM EVIL. -Proverbs 16:6

The fear of the Lord does not mean that you make yourself of the Lord but hold holy reverence to His words and stand in awe of His words.

What words, you may say?

Have you not HEARD the Heavenly Father speaking to you ?

My son, if you RECEIVE my words and TREASURE UP my commandments with you, -Proverbs 2:1
making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; -Proverbs 2:2
yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, -Proverbs 2:3
if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, -Proverbs 2:4
then you will UNDERSTAND THE FEAR OF THE LORD and find the knowledge of God. -Proverbs 2:5

So have you HEARD what the Heavenly Father have instructed you to do ? when you have done what the Heavenly Father have instructed, you will understand the fear of the Lord and be able to turn from evil.

Eventually, you will understand this:

Now it is GOD WHO MAKES us STAND FIRM in Christ. He anointed us,set His seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.- 2 Corinthians 1:21-22

When God have made you stand firm in Christ, you will know that you have HEARD His truth and that you have HEARD Him speaking in power.
GBU

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums