Nevada
✟1,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just joined a few minutes ago. I’ve joined forums before, but never stick around long. I’m hopeful this one is different. The ads though! Can’t afford to get rid of them, so I’m really not sure how long I’ll endure. But anyway, I was born into the Family of God in 1997. I am really just looking for some help getting into His Word everyday. My time isn’t my own, and it seems like whenever I commit to reading it, the distractions fall in on me like crazy. The demands for my attention and time don’t stop until I stop trying to read His word. I have tried praying it away, asking God to halt the demands, the distractions, but it just never stops. I tried getting up at 4:00 a.m. for a week, and seriously, I’m just not a morning person. I can’t hardly stay awake to read or study or pray. I feel defeated and sometimes even like He doesn’t really want me to get close. I know that’s a lie from the pit of hell, but sheesh, how do I get through this barrier? God bless you all my brothers and sisters.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Just joined a few minutes ago. I’ve joined forums before, but never stick around long. I’m hopeful this one is different. The ads though! Can’t afford to get rid of them, so I’m really not sure how long I’ll endure. But anyway, I was born into the Family of God in 1997. I am really just looking for some help getting into His Word everyday. My time isn’t my own, and it seems like whenever I commit to reading it, the distractions fall in on me like crazy. The demands for my attention and time don’t stop until I stop trying to read His word. I have tried praying it away, asking God to halt the demands, the distractions, but it just never stops. I tried getting up at 4:00 a.m. for a week, and seriously, I’m just not a morning person. I can’t hardly stay awake to read or study or pray. I feel defeated and sometimes even like He doesn’t really want me to get close. I know that’s a lie from the pit of hell, but sheesh, how do I get through this barrier? God bless you all my brothers and sisters.
It took me months to get used to early mornings. I had some help. A friend lived over the road and used to wake me up at 4.30 am. Ignore feelings, they lie - as you know. Bind the enemy as soon as you wake up. Command the devil to release your mind and get off your feelings. After a while, you will be in the habit of waking up early. Ensure that you get enough sleep though.

I can assure you that God is always delighted when His children want to spend time with Him. Satan is not at all happy. Deal with the opposition first. It may be a struggle for a short time, but you will prevail. I found it helpful to write out my prayers. You can't think two things at once. By writing, I'm more focused. I started doing this about 25 years ago. I still write my main, morning prayers. Write down anything that speaks to you from the Bible. If it really stands out, God wants you to know it deep in your heart. Writing it down means that the devil can't snatch it out of your mind. It's a serious business and it is the key to spiritual growth. That's why the devil opposes prayer and study so much.

Upvote 0

Jewel4Christ

Sep 6, 2020
Nevada
✟1,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It took me months to get used to early mornings. I had some help. A friend lived over the road and used to wake me up at 4.30 am. Ignore feelings, they lie - as you know. Bind the enemy as soon as you wake up. Command the devil to release your mind and get off your feelings. After a while, you will be in the habit of waking up early. Ensure that you get enough sleep though.

I can assure you that God is always delighted when His children want to spend time with Him. Satan is not at all happy. Deal with the opposition first. It may be a struggle for a short time, but you will prevail. I found it helpful to write out my prayers. You can't think two things at once. By writing, I'm more focused. I started doing this about 25 years ago. I still write my main, morning prayers. Write down anything that speaks to you from the Bible. If it really stands out, God wants you to know it deep in your heart. Writing it down means that the devil can't snatch it out of your mind. It's a serious business and it is the key to spiritual growth. That's why the devil opposes prayer and study so much.

This was truly helpful. I do journal my prayers, but never thought to do that at 4:00 a.m. I’m like on my face, and trying desperately to stay awake... haha... So now I have to ask how to bind satan, because I’ve never been taught how to do that. I would love to learn though. So thank you, Aussie Pete. I’m thankful for your help. :)

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello from Indiana/Illinois, and welcome to these forums!:)

Regarding 4am, military people say that going for runs right after waking up is rough to get used to, but soon enough it's a great way to start your brainpower & body going, even that early in the morning.

And remember: Anytime you feel defeated...unite yourself with Christ on the Cross. "My God, my God...." Even in times of abandonment, when all is lost, He is still there.

May He bless your time here!:pray:

Upvote 0

Jewel4Christ

Sep 6, 2020
Nevada
✟1,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello from Indiana/Illinois, and welcome to these forums!:)

Regarding 4am, military people say that going for runs right after waking up is rough to get used to, but soon enough it's a great way to start your brainpower & body going, even that early in the morning.

And remember: Anytime you feel defeated...unite yourself with Christ on the Cross. "My God, my God...." Even in times of abandonment, when all is lost, He is still there.

May He bless your time here!:pray:

This blessed me. Thank you, Alex. :)

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
This was truly helpful. I do journal my prayers, but never thought to do that at 4:00 a.m. I’m like on my face, and trying desperately to stay awake... haha... So now I have to ask how to bind satan, because I’ve never been taught how to do that. I would love to learn though. So thank you, Aussie Pete. I’m thankful for your help. :)
Matthew 18:18 "Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
Mark 3:27
"But no one can enter the strong man's house and plunder his property unless he first binds the strong man, and then he will plunder his house."

Satan is the spiritual enemy so we deal with him on the spiritual level.

2 Corinthians 10: 4&5 "The weapons of our warfare are not the weapons of the world. Instead, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We tear down arguments and every presumption set up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.…"

Prayer can be asking but it can also be commanding. We have authority and power but only in the name of Jesus. So we should be binding Satan and evil spirits, which means to tie them up spiritually, so to speak. We need to speak out our commands. Lord Jesus always commanded verbally, not just in his thoughts. Does it work? Absolutely! Satan has no choice but to obey Christ and we speak in His name. We are delegated authorities and Satan knows it.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Jewel,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. I might add to Aussie Pete's scripture:

Jas. 4:7 "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." This really works, then command him gone in Jesus' name.

331685_9a8cf6302e79fa95f451ca0023ade86e.gif

75a95860d8cb03642bd5ee6ea7c8d28a.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I understand you are asking for help getting His word is everyday. You have to understand something important about the mind:

For those who live according to the flesh set their MINDS on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their MINDS on the things of the Spirit. -Romans 8:5

So you have to play a role in setting your mind. If you set your mind on the things of the world, that is, your indulgences, — your spiritual strength will be depleted; then you will not have the strength to resist the desires of the world like sinful passions, desires and covetousness. When that happens, you most likely unable to get into His words. Those distractions and demands for your attention will rob of your spiritual strength to get into God’s words. Whether it is morning or during day or night, you will not be able to focus.

The key to get into His words — you need God’s strength. Nobody ables to get into His words without Christ’s strength. Nobody is able to fulfill what God has told them to do in the Bible without His strength.

It is not of importance to wake early but it is of importance to set your mind on the things of the Spirit. So through out your day, what you set your mind is of importance.

As we have heard:
For the mind that is set on the flesh is HOSTILE TO GOD, for it DOES NOT SUBMIT to God's law; indeed, it cannot. -Romans 8:7

If you want to get into His words, you need to submit to God’s law of Spirit of life.
Otherwise, you are just hostile to God.

Don’t hesitate to ask questions; I will help you with the wisdom and strength that God provide.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi Jewel;
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here.

I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music?

I have found; in times of trouble; like we have with this CV-19; that listening to; and singing along to good Christian P&W music; can bring us closer to Jesus and His wonderful peace.

Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

238348_da04309d434d67254a1115a692df42c4.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jewel4Christ

Sep 6, 2020
Nevada
✟1,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Glad you decided to join us!
Thank YOU, Tigger! :) I woke up this morning super happy to have found this group and the love and support is just what this old, hurting, and damaged soul needed. God bless you deeply.

Upvote 0

Jewel4Christ

Sep 6, 2020
Nevada
✟1,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi MNorian! I’m so glad to have found this group. I need fellowship desperately and I hope I’ve found it. The people here are so amazing and nice. I just pulled out of facebook because of it’s snarky and clicky people. Thanks for the warm welcome. I’ll find the worship place you mentioned. God bless you in Jesus.

Upvote 0

Jewel4Christ

Sep 6, 2020
Nevada
✟1,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello Jewel,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here. I might add to Aussie Pete's scripture:

Jas. 4:7 "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." This really works, then command him gone in Jesus' name.

331685_9a8cf6302e79fa95f451ca0023ade86e.gif

75a95860d8cb03642bd5ee6ea7c8d28a.gif

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I’m super happy to have found this forum and glad to be here. I’ve created a “binding satan before prayer and study” folder on my computer. I’ve added your Scripture and suggestion. Thank you again and God bless you, Sis.

Upvote 0