✟431,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Welcome back home, Sirlanky!

Sadly, almost nobody posts on this board. But maybe with more people such as yourself that can change.

I am Oriental Orthodox (Coptic Orthodox). I converted from Roman Catholicism, so I've been in both communions, too. The COC really is home for me, as well. :)

Upvote 0

Sirlanky

Feb 28, 2016
Sydney, Australia
✟15,206.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My username over there was coptsoldier. The rules at that forum are nuts strict. I've been warned for arguing with Latin Catholics there. When I said there is returned to orthodoxy one of the latins basically asked if I understood the seriousness of my change.

Upvote 0

Sirlanky

Feb 28, 2016
Sydney, Australia
✟15,206.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but it was a long time ago. They banned me over two years ago for disagreeing too much with them, so I can't go back there anymore.

How does this forum feel about discussion between oriental Eastern Orthodoxy? Specifically Chalcedon.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟431,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
This particular subforum (VOTD)? I don't know. There aren't enough of us here to discuss anything on this forum. The EO have their own debate forum, St. Justin's Corner, where debates go (usually between them and Catholics or Protestants), and it is not allowed to teach against Chalcedonianism on their main forum (TAW). So I dunno...I guess it would depend on what you wanted to ask and how you asked it. I haven't gotten in trouble over there for being OO, even though some of them have tried to say I'm teaching against their faith by disagreeing with certain individuals about things (this charge apparently wasn't taken seriously by their moderators, since I never got warned about it; maybe some people will use the OO/EO separation as an excuse to try to shut down other views sometimes. I don't know. I don't pay that any mind.).

Upvote 0